Alternator Recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternator Recommendation

I need to change my alternator and not sure if I should go with a particular brand or get re-manufactured or new.

I found that Autozone has brand new Alt's, and most other places only have reman'd.

No need for any high amperage alt, stock should be fine.

Anyone have any experience with the Duralast Gold (Autozone) alt in regards to quality or lifetime warranty? I'd prefer a quality unit instead of something that is going to have to get replaced frequently, warranty or not.

Any previous experience or suggestions are welcome.
    '94 Red PGT Gone, but Project PGT has begun
    '04 Black SRT-4 Um, no it's not stock. But "It's just a Neon, right?" 379whp @ 20lbs *Sold*

I bought duralast and first one actually broke, but they replace it for free because of their lifetime warranty, and second one worked just fine.

Comment

Autozone is the one I have and I usually have to replace it yearly.
      Some people are living life and some people are just living.

Comment

Thanks.

I guess that is what is expected then, huh? At least with the Autozone replacement it would be quicker than dealing with a Rockauto replacement process.
        '94 Red PGT Gone, but Project PGT has begun
        '04 Black SRT-4 Um, no it's not stock. But "It's just a Neon, right?" 379whp @ 20lbs *Sold*

Comment

Have it rebuilt by a reputable alt and starter shop.
          94 PGT
          [96 PGT FuLL OBD2 WiRe HaRNeSS] ]KL31 SHoRT BLoCK & CaMS] [KL1C MaF SWap] [CuRVe NeCK MaNiFoLD] [KL68 TB] [Hei & MSD BLaSTeR 2] [Cai] [SS HeaDeRS] [STS] [R&R PoLY F&R MouNT & SHiFTeR iNSeRTS] [STaGe 2 CLuTCH] [FiDaNZa FLYWHeeL] [eGR DeLeTe] [FuLL a/C DeLeTe] [CoiLoVeRS] [RX8 WHeeLS oN 225/45/18]

Comment

Working...
          X