This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1Gen Classification for SCCA Racing

Just as a FYI so stay tuned for more information.

I just sent in the information for classification. So I should hear back soon on what classification we 1st gen probes get for SCCA racing.

I still need the internal weights of the various 1st gen engines. Please see my call for help in the 1st gen performance form.

Thanks
    Keep your race on!
    Toodles, Stacey_B --++=1st Gens not slow!=++-- FallGuy
    MY 'NEW' 1990 RACE CAR Stacey_B AOL IM: SCCAStaceyIB - SCCA RS - Solo2 (FSP) "Girls Do It Better" Cal Club www.scpoc.com : www.probetalk.com Racing is my life. Winner One Lap of America 2003- SSGT2 class 1996 Ford Probe GT. Hagopian/Bertran
    Sponsors: Porterfield Racing Brakes - LTB Motorsports - Tires Warehouse - Auto-Meter

Probe class

All probes used to be in the G Stock class but for 2006 the probes are being moved to the H Stock class. Now that is if everything is stock. Some mods will move you to D Street Prepared. Futher mods will move you to Street Mod Class. I am a fellow SCCA racer and serve on a commity that does the classifications. Hope that helped

Comment

Originally posted by 50wt
      All probes used to be in the G Stock class but for 2006 the probes are being moved to the H Stock class. Now that is if everything is stock. Some mods will move you to D Street Prepared. Futher mods will move you to Street Mod Class. I am a fellow SCCA racer and serve on a commity that does the classifications. Hope that helped
      thank you, but perhaps stacey should have been a bit clearer.

she needs help with information so that she can get her car classified for REGIONAL and NATIONAL club racing.

we already know where the car fits in Solo.
      ProbeTalk is BACK! Once again, it's what you use the Internet for!

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

Stacey....Since the MX6 and Probe are shared chassis, I thought this was a conversion using the classification from the 88-92 MX6 already classed in ITB. Was there more to do other than this?

Gavin

Comment

Hey Gavin

Your right the MX6 is listed. Butttttttt The probe has different aero-dynamics and has a different weight. The MX6 the way its listed in ITB doesnt have a snowballs chance in heck of winning a podium finish in its class. So I'm looking for a clean new classification. Besides. The MX6 doesnt have any classification for the v-6 engine. or a listing for a national class. I picked G-Production for the probe. I also included which the MX-6 did not as far as I can tell the FE dohc engine. So I hope to get some sort of ruling with that engine in a Probe version vs just the 2.2L. So I sent in the 4, 4T, 4 DOHC , and v-6 engine options for the 1st gen probe. That covers everything.

I just got asked a follow up question so perhaps in the next month or two I hope for a response.
          :fingerscrossed:
          MY 'NEW' 1990 RACE CAR Stacey_B AOL IM: SCCAStaceyIB - SCCA RS - Solo2 (FSP) "Girls Do It Better" Cal Club www.scpoc.com : www.probetalk.com Racing is my life. Winner One Lap of America 2003- SSGT2 class 1996 Ford Probe GT. Hagopian/Bertran
          Sponsors: Porterfield Racing Brakes - LTB Motorsports - Tires Warehouse - Auto-Meter

Comment

Probetalk.com Racing shirt logo

Fin - ally got some creative time to put a logo together.

I created a t-shirt logo for the 1st gen racing shirt and later I will work on creating the 2nd gen racing logo shirt.

http://www.supermotors.org/getfile/2...acing-logo.jpg

Comment

New post..

I talked with the my contact who I submitted my information to, and he told me that it will probably take 1 month to get an IT classification and then one more month to get a Production classification and then 1 month to make it into Sports Car magizine and become official. I thought It would take a couple of weeks.. I was wrong. Anyhoo. what that means is that I will have to finish out the season in RS class and just drive much cleaner than my competition.

wish me luck.

PS. The good news is that the car is being submitted for ITC. Where it will be very competitive. The Production class will be G-Production. If both make it through the car should be very competitive in both classes. for more information on these classes check out SCCA.org / Club Racing/ Car and Rules right click download the rules section on that class.

Comment

Stacey...when you say "the car" you are speaking of the N/A(F2, vulcan) 1st gens correct? I have no dog in this fight, but it would be very amusing to see a 1st gen GT in anything less than ITB.

Good luck

Gavin

Comment

Yes sr. Mr Gavin

I'm talking N/A 1st gens. Turbo cars are not allowed in IT. (Improved Touring) So I dont think you'll see any 1st gen GT classification, But I could be wrong. Ya might see a T3 classification. But I havent pressed for that prospect. Now if I could only make some project get off the ground and make some money for my racing I could buy a new engine and not scrape for loose change so I can have enough money to go racing.

Tonight I just learned in speaking with a guy who is preparing MX-5 Cup Pro-Racing cars. That it takes about $12,000 per race and roughly $100,000 yr. to race in the MX-5 Pro Cup. Thats some serious cash. Right now its about $500 per weekend. But that price will go down as the car preperation level gets finished. Tires are my biggest expense next to entry fee's. But I do have a tire deal and so It should start paying off for me.
                  My next event will be a non-SCCA event. The Redline Time Attack. Sponsored by Modified Magazine at California Speedway in Early March.
                  As you can tell - Going from Solo to Club racing there is a big jump in costs, and level of thrill. The next jump is going from Club Racing to Pro-Racing. SCCA Touring Car racing events cost $1000 per race entry fee.

Recap:
                  Solo2 $30 entry fee. Time on track - 3 runs (1:30-2:00) per lap
                  Club Racing $220-340 Time on track - Warm up 15min - Practice - 20min - Qualifying - 15min. Race - 20min.
                  Pro-Racing $1000 Time on track Add about 10min to each session above.

Whats is in your wallett?

Comment

News Flash -

The latest issue of Fastrack now shows the 1st Gen Probe classified as ITB.

Comment

I win the beer

Congrats on getting the 1st gen classified. I know this isnt where you wanted the car to go(really it was always going to be tied at the hip with the ITB MX6), but good or bad the car now has a home to play in and thats whats important.

Good luck

Gavin

Comment

Originally posted by Racy-Stacey
                        News Flash -

The latest issue of Fastrack now shows the 1st Gen Probe classified as ITB.
                        I see in the April online issue, it lists 'ITB - 98-92 Ford Probe GL/LX'

I'm guessing the 98 is a typo and should be 88?

Comment

Yup, the 98-92 is a typo. It should read 89-92.

I also talked to one of the guys who reviewed my classification documents and they didnt classify the V6 3.0. We talked about it a little and if anyone wishes to run the 3.0. You should expect to see your car in ITA.

Comment

Is the FE DOHC motor legal in ITB with the 1g Probe?
                            90 Mazda 323 - KLZE, fender-flared, right hand drive, 2350 lb fully loaded sex machine. || Pic Thread ||- SOLD
                            93 PGT FRANKENPROBE - 10.24 @ 139.9 mph ||545 whp @ 20 psi || Timeslip || Dyno slip|| Build Thread - GONE
                            97 GTS - Rear Wheel Drive KLZE, 6-speed, 3.90 Torsen LSD, 2650 lb, daily driver! - Build Thread - GONE
                            90 Ghettocet KLiata - forever WIP

Comment

The car wasnt available for sale in the US with that engine so no.

(big can of worms regarding cars/engine packages not available in the US, Euro spec, JDM, ugh)

Gavin

Comment

Working...
                              X