Ride height

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ride height

Is there any info somewhere on the different ride heights of the PGT in different countries?
    I live in Australia, and generally all cars here are set up higher than in Europe.
    Like to lower my car with a low cost option...
    Probe GT 4WS!!! with KLZE heads & manifold, Megasquirt, OE spacers, ebay headers & RX8 steering wheel

Ho low cost - Angle grinder

Most of the information is subjective, early up to 94 were generally the lowest and stiffest, but exact numbers are not really available
    Contrary to popular opinion, I do have mechanical sympathy, I always feel sorry for the cars I drive.

Comment

Ride height

Non-bodgy, proper and legal low cost solution...
      In any case it would be interesting to know how much higher the PGT is in some countries.
      Probe GT 4WS!!! with KLZE heads & manifold, Megasquirt, OE spacers, ebay headers & RX8 steering wheel

Comment

I doubt we are talking much more than 15mm variance
        You can get springs made to your specs at most spring works for about $100 each
        Small diameter race stuff that I use are only $60, but it will be more for production cars
        Contrary to popular opinion, I do have mechanical sympathy, I always feel sorry for the cars I drive.

Comment

My tein basic coilovers were only $475 on eBay. Which is super cheap for coilovers. They usually run $1000+

Comment

Ride height

So, if I want to lower my PGT -95 within legal limits and get better handling and comfort (I heard this is possible) what brand/model to use, any suggestions?

Comment

I don't think lowering your car is going to up your comfort level any.

Tein
              Tokico

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=lowering+a+probe+gt+%3Aprobetalk
              Last edited by branscoset; October 24, 2013, 07:59 PM.
              I've Been Probed.

Comment

Angle grinder a low cost solution? you mean cutting the spring and making the stiff ride even stiffer?!? I had a 95 eclipse someone did that to and it cornered slightly better then my friends who was on stock springs but you feel everything in the road, which was not enjoyable. Personally i would go with using coilovers which are adjustable, and if you really want comfort keep the stock ride hight so then you have more space under the car so if you decide to make it ride smoother you will not bottom out vs lowering and softening them to much. If that makes any sense? lol

Comment

Yeah, see those smiley symbols, they are used to indicate a joke.

Comment

Get the tokico blue kit for a slight lowering and better handling.
                    MDNGHT: Quad Projector+Kit+Cobra BBK+Almost every suspension part you can think of for the front and rear + full poly bushings everywhere

The joy of owning a F.O.R.D. Fix or Repair Daily

Comment

Originally posted by notso swift View Post
                      Yeah, see those smiley symbols, they are used to indicate a joke.
                      Not trying to put you down ive seen many people take that joke seriously(i may have made the same joke to someone) Ive even seen it on Gearz on speedtv(like 3 yrs ago) he did it to a vette... so sad lol

Comment

Wait…to a Vette? With a single transverse leave spring?!?
                        Ryan
                        '94 Mazda MX6 V-6
                        SMF Prep:
                        MFactory LSD [] TEIN [] 15x11's and 275 Hoosiers [] Hawk HP+ [] Sparco [] AWR [] HotShot [] Headers [] Magnaflow [] Side Exit []

Comment

Originally posted by dillinr View Post
                          Wait…to a Vette? With a single transverse leave spring?!?
                          im sifting through the episodes now lol

Comment

Tein S-Tech dual rate springs & Tokico blues lowered mine 1.5 inches with Sumitomo HTRZIII's on Kosie K1 rims,225/45/ZR17's. Rides good with good road feel,but not overly so.

'94 PROBE SE Middle-aged croozr

Comment

Working...
                            X