ProbeTalk.com Forums

ProbeTalk.com Forums (https://forums.probetalk.com/index.php)
-   Flyrtle (https://forums.probetalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1313)
-   -   Please post a schedule for Flyrtle this year.. events,times, addresses, etc.. (https://forums.probetalk.com/showthread.php?t=1701313943)

.:Stealth:. August 23rd, 2013 03:09 PM

Please post a schedule for Flyrtle this year.. events,times, addresses, etc..

Who ever the is hosting Flyrtle this year needs to provide a schedule with the following information...

time/date, event, place, address and a description of what we're doing there...

List everything out with full information.. no schedule, no alex...

garfield August 23rd, 2013 03:41 PM

Alex when are you driving up. we could meet in savannah and convoy to the meet. Plenty 1gn will be at the meet. Its going to be 1gn party. Kl, klze, turbo kl, sprayed kl. whateva are going down. Phil is the pit and were taking the chains off.

.:Stealth:. August 23rd, 2013 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garfield (Post 1924132680)
Alex when are you driving up. we could meet in savannah and convoy to the meet. Plenty 1gn will be at the meet. Its going to be 1gn party. Kl, klze, turbo kl, sprayed kl. whateva are going down. Phil is the pit and were taking the chains off.

Yeah we can do that. I haven't decided on Friday or saturday yet... I just.. don't know where i'm driving to once I get there... there's very little information..

micb93pgt August 23rd, 2013 06:00 PM

This is a cut/paste from a post in hppwdn's Flyrtle 8.0 thread by Mardarti. It has most of the info you mentioned. Mardarti and lilnasty are coordinators, you can ask them for more details
--------------------------------------------------------------------
This is the Hotel accommodations for the Flyrtle trip. Best Western will be hosting our meet for this year with a great deal. When you make your reservations make sure to ask for Kevin and mention the reservation for Flyrtle at 70$ dollars a night for a double, queen, or king.

Reminder the dates will be August 30 to September 1.

This is the link to the hotel with directions.

http://www.gosandhillsgolf.com/bestwestern.html

http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwest...=false&srcPage =SelectHotel&isMapOpen=false&selectedHotels=[/URL]

escot August 23rd, 2013 06:08 PM

I think people getting there on Friday we could get together and do something Friday evening. Post our room numbers once we get there and meet up. Get things started early. I'm looking forward to the event the older we get the less we do.

.:Stealth:. August 23rd, 2013 06:14 PM

Right, but is there any agenda? pre-determined things to do when we get there or are we meeting at the hotel and making shit up as we go?

Is there going to be a dyno meet still, if so where and what time? What's the address of the place?

Will we be having a gathering of the cars at a specific location (i.e.- car show) for pictures and part swaps? If so where? What time?

Any night life there? bars and clubs? Where can we hang out for that?

What about the track meet? What is the time we decided to meet there? What day? what's the address? What's the cost to run/watch?

All of these details should be in a single thread or on a dedicated website.

I'm not complaining, but simply suggesting we get more organized with this.. Lets not half ass, lets get fully involved and write a nice essay of a post with all the details.

Unless my reading comprehension is horrible... all I've gathered thus far is that i'm driving 8 hours to a hotel on a Friday, and supposedly other forum members will be there at some point as well. I don't know what I'm doing from there, where the hell the track is or when we're going, if there's some kind of car meet, and when and where we're having this dyno meet...

Here's an example:

http://www.flyrtlemeet.com/

.:Stealth:. August 23rd, 2013 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garfield (Post 1924132680)

Garfield, I will take Friday off to drive up there in the morning. I project that I will be leaving my house by 9-10am (i am not a morning person, as I can barely show up for work at 10)

That would put me in Savannah GA between 1-2pm. I can get off at exit 102 (Louisville Rd) and meet up at the Mcdonalds or Taco bell just off of I-95. Let me know if that works for you...

shqs89gt August 24th, 2013 03:53 AM

Yeah I agree with a better set up of schedule also. I don't see where we are meeting up Saturday for the show/BarbQue or if we are still racing on Sunday. Alex here's the website to the track http://www.rockinghamdragway.com/contact/

garfield August 24th, 2013 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by .:Stealth:. (Post 1924132693)
Garfield, I will take Friday off to drive up there in the morning. I project that I will be leaving my house by 9-10am (i am not a morning person, as I can barely show up for work at 10)

That would put me in Savannah GA between 1-2pm. I can get off at exit 102 (Louisville Rd) and meet up at the Mcdonalds or Taco bell just off of I-95. Let me know if that works for you...

That's perfect. That's my exit for work. I'll pm you my number.

mardarati August 25th, 2013 02:06 PM

The plan that we came up with up with despite all the different variables give throughout the whole planning proccess
Friday for those of us arriving early going out eat And:party:Best western
Saturday dyno 10:00 to 2:00 after would be a good time to wash the cars and prepare to go to the track rockingham at 4:00 jr and I will already be their setting up the tents Chairs ect were we will having the cookout and car show 4:00till 6:00 then the racing will start.The food and drinks will countinue through out the evening:thup
Sunday early meet up for a big breakfast and then we are open
Every thing is located with in 10minute drive dyno and track
The plans had changed a little bit since the original plans
1st the date had to work around a lot of date request
2nd the import show cancels last minute after a lot of call to the track a bike event is being held however they will be having a Test and tune all day for cars
3rd the park returned my 200 dollar deposit because off an error on their part

:wtf: because it is a holiday weekend.But with all the varialbles given we have a plan:spin::woot:

So look forward to seeing thier:btopic:

JazRedGT August 25th, 2013 02:27 PM

Cant wait!!!

AndyNC August 25th, 2013 02:35 PM

So what are our costs for the track?

mardarati August 25th, 2013 05:11 PM

20$:thup:

JazRedGT August 25th, 2013 06:23 PM

Cant wait to run a 15.7 down the track!! LoL Probably higher.

mardarati August 25th, 2013 08:09 PM

I will be happy just making a pass:salute:

garfield August 25th, 2013 08:29 PM

Watch me bog down stall out and take off in 2nd gear. Over a decade since I last raced at the track. Wish they did a roll on like some tracks are doing now. Save the old Tanny.

mardarati August 25th, 2013 09:06 PM

On the roll
Roll off the line and launch when you pass the crust as tree

mardarati August 26th, 2013 03:54 PM

Weather update
Fri 90
Sat 84
Sun 86
:thup:

garfield August 26th, 2013 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mardarati (Post 1924133061)
Weather update
Fri 90
Sat 84
Sun 86
:thup:

Sweet. This is going to be a great meet. I can feel it.

d0zxmustang August 28th, 2013 03:18 PM

So who's leaving from Greensboro Saturday?

mardarati August 28th, 2013 08:45 PM

We are leaving on fri I will check if anyone is leaving on sat:salute:

JazRedGT August 29th, 2013 03:39 AM

Leaving norfolk on friday. Dont know what siknin is doing. Couple of local non probe related lol friends say they may come just to chill.

micb93pgt August 29th, 2013 12:11 PM

Im leaving from GSO on Saturday; planning to leave early enough to meet everyone at the BestWestern before the 10:00 dyno

hppwdn August 29th, 2013 01:16 PM

Wish I could make it, this will mark the end of the "OG Flyrtarians." As of #7 last year myself, westpalmgt & shaodome were the only three people that had been to every Flyrtle. Since none of us can make it this year, the streak has finally come to an end.

garfield August 29th, 2013 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hppwdn (Post 1924133463)
Wish I could make it, this will mark the end of the "OG Flyrtarians." As of #7 last year myself, westpalmgt & shaodome were the only three people that had been to every Flyrtle. Since none of us can make it this year, the streak has finally come to an end.

I wish you guys could have made the trip. The important thing is that flyrtle lives on. You guys have done so much for the community over the years. We hope to inspire the next generation or thoes that want to give up and let go. Mx6/Probe are not the best platforms. But these cars have soul. I hope you guys can make the next one, even if its not in a probe. Its always good to have people around that share the same passion.