KLZE Distributor Rotor and Cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KLZE Distributor Rotor and Cap

Does anyone have part numbers for a replacement distributor rotor and cap for a KLZE? Preferably at O'Reilly's or AutoZone.

Thru trial and error, I've picked up 94 and 97 GT replacement rotors and caps and they don't fit the KLZE. The 94 rotor is too small to fit on the distributor--the 97 slides right on. However with the 97 rotor on the distributor, the stock KLZE cap doesn't sit flush on the distributor. The 97 cap doesn't have the female end under the cap for the shaft that comes off the distributor.

I found this old thread that says to reference the Mazda Millenia, however when comparing part numbers, they are the same as the KLDE.
    Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary.

my garage

Usually you would swap your stock klde disty on during the klze swap.
    1994 Project PGT

M62 In Progress...

Comment

overnight parts from japan.
      '94 teal w/black int. some sort of sts, 65mm DE TB full KL31 ZE, CAI, Phenolyc spacers, mx3 flywheel, pacesetter headers, 2.5" exhaust, stainless brake lines, MS and LC-1. Charter member Club 15.2 - Mustang Dyno - 187/169 @the wheels
      '90 White GT "Pearl"....uh ohzzzz...I had turboz. Now with T3....now it's J-doggs
      '96 SE & '93 "Red-Eye" smashed and trashed. 97 GTS....crashed, not trashed yet

Comment

You could try contacting an engine importer and see if he will just sell and ship you the distributor from a KLZE. I don't know if anyone ever found a supplier in America with the cap in stock.
        1996 Boysenberry Probe GT MTXtreme
        2014 Fusion SE MTXtreme
        2005 Mountaineer Premier

Comment

it shouldn't matter what year KLDE distributor i pick up? all wiring harness connectors are the same?
          Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary.

my garage

Comment

What year is the car ?
            1994 Project PGT

M62 In Progress...

Comment

Originally posted by mejum View Post
              it shouldn't matter what year KLDE distributor i pick up? all wiring harness connectors are the same?
              It matters. There are 2 types: 93 and 94 are different from the 95 to 97, if I remember correctly. (Though you can rearrange the wires in the 3 pin connector to make the other type work.)

Comment

IIRC the 93'-94' has 2 hall effect sensors and the 95' has only one so you would want one to match your ECU otherwise it will spend longer cranking to find DTC of Cyl#1
                Supercharged - 94' PGT: ZE, MS2, W/M Injection, weight reduced, manual steering because weekend race car! mods and pics thread
                Turbocharged - 06' WRX: 3" exh, ECUTEK ROM, MRT intercooler, VF34 pic
                Nitrous Oxide - 79' Yamaha QT50 'Yamahopper' 70cc, MLM pipe, VM18 carb, dual stage reeds etc. pic

Comment

Originally posted by Brizzy View Post
                  What year is the car ?
                  Car is a '94

Originally posted by NickR View Post
                  It matters. There are 2 types: 93 and 94 are different from the 95 to 97, if I remember correctly. (Though you can rearrange the wires in the 3 pin connector to make the other type work.)
                  I'm on the hunt for a junkyard '94 distributor.

my garage

Comment

Or you could find a 95, take the ecu, distributor, 3-pin crank sensor pigtail, a 3 pin front turn signal pigtail, and make an adapter for the 3 pin distributor plug, so you can plug and play swap in a 95 distributor which "should" last longer.
                    More complicated and expensive, but, it leaves your stock wiring intact, and keeps the car OBDI. I was using a 95 disty in my 94, for the last 10k miles til yesterday. I finally went with an aftermarket ignitor, and it's still missing so I need a coil now as well.
                    Probe out for Harambe
                    94 PGT KLZE http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/a...psr6dk8q1m.jpg
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aauXMeITcdM

Comment

overnight like every part

Comment

Working...
                      X