photobucket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• photobucket

As you will all be aware by now photobucket no longer allow third party hosted images (unless you want to pay $$$), im assuming this will be a mass exodus for most.

Some alternatives (that i have not tried) include imageshack, imgur, google images etc. Anyone with any experience with other image hosting sites can you put your 2c in for recommendations?

If anyone knows how i can transfer them out of photobucket without downloading locally it will save me weeks as i only have a 32kbps upload.
    Supercharged - 94' PGT: ZE, MS2, W/M Injection, weight reduced, manual steering because weekend race car! mods and pics thread
    Turbocharged - 06' WRX: 3" exh, ECUTEK ROM, MRT intercooler, VF34 pic
    Nitrous Oxide - 79' Yamaha QT50 'Yamahopper' 70cc, MLM pipe, VM18 carb, dual stage reeds etc. pic

32kbps upload, or dear god that is horrible
    1994 MX-6 LS ATX/MTX Swap
    What have I done to it? Stuff...
    What will be done to it next? More Stuff...
    Build Thread - http://www.mx6.com/forums/gallery/24...ld-thread.html

Comment

I use imgur.com for most shared images nowadays, which isn't a lot.

I suspect if you have a gmail account of some kind with cloud backup of your pictures you could probably directly link the ones you want to share publicly, I just haven't tried it.
      Jin "Time Traveler" Kim
      chrono@chrono.org
      http://www.chrono.org
      '95 PGT own
      '06 Mazdaspeed 6
      '13 Evolution GSR
      '90/'91 PGT owned

Comment

I switched all my photos from Photobucket over to Google Photos. I modified their image.--> PhotoBucket SUCKS

Then I found out after updating most of my links that you can't embed photos from Google Photos. Well, you can in a way, but it is a long process and it's only temporary. Google Photos resets all your links after a few days. I could only see my links if I was logged in to my google account. When I log out my photos on here all disappear.

So, I moved all my photos over to imgur for now. Their site makes it really easy to link to your photos. You just click on the type of link you want to use (for here it would be the [IMG][/IMG] link) and paste it in your post. We'll see how long until they start charging?
        Last edited by SBPGT; July 20, 2017, 04:35 PM.
        Currently buying all my parts for my future part-out thread...https://forums.probetalk.com/core/im.../icon_look.gif
        STEVE B
        1993 Probe GT
        2016 Mustang

Comment

Originally posted by SBPGT View Post
          ...PhotoBucket SUCKS ...I moved all my photos over to imgur for now. Their site makes it really easy to link to your photos. You just click on the type of link you want to use (for here it would be the [IMG][/IMG] link) and paste it in your post. We'll see how long until they start charging?
          Maybe I should rent out some of my website storage space for half the price of everyone else? It really sucks that all these companies are falling into this new line of greed. I hope it does them in!
          Last edited by KLZE Porsche; July 20, 2017, 06:16 PM.
          Success is a measure of determination!
          Bonneville Dreamer-(AKA Purple Pimp Mobile)
          $500 Gas-Electric-Gas Reconversion/Restoration
          Mini-me & 500k "Old Gal" RIP
          Restoration of a legend

Comment

If it's not free, I'm not using it. Photobucket is so jammed up with ads now, screw them for needing even more money. Why hasn't someone figured out a better way to host your own shit. All of my images and YouTube videos could fit easily into storage space I already own. The whole thing is like renting an apartment when you already own a house.
            Probe out for Harambe
            94 PGT KLZE http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/a...psr6dk8q1m.jpg
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aauXMeITcdM

Comment

We as a family should come together to do something against the photobucket greed. If you have photos on PT that were hosted on Photobucket and now have their placeholder (and no photos) -This place holder gets them clicks for their website and every time someone views a page with them -you are supporting photobucket while getting nothing from them. This traffic keeps their site value up and keeps paid advertisements coming as well as other things that they profit from based on traffic. It also helps to keep their rankings high in the search engines.

So lets come together as a Probe family and remove all links that point back to photobucket and cut their traffic down some. You have to fight the greed or it will always continue to grow like a mildew, rust, weeds or slime.

Perhaps Damon could find a way to host photos for a small price to keep people from having to use any of the greedy hosts like Photobucket. If I was going to give away money for photo hosting regardless -I would choose to do it with PT to help support.
              Last edited by KLZE Porsche; August 6, 2017, 01:36 PM.
              Restoration of a legend

Comment

Originally posted by KLZE Porsche View Post
                Perhaps Damon could find a way to host photos for a small price to keep people from having to use any of the greedy hosts like Photobucket. If I was going to give away money for photo hosting regardless -I would choose to do it with PT to help support.
                5* members have the ability to upload photos to Probetalk.
                1993 Probe GT
                2003 Bagged Chevy S10

Comment

Originally posted by LowClassCC View Post
                  5* members have the ability to upload photos to Probetalk.
                  Does he charge them money (for photos) other than the 5* fees?
                  Restoration of a legend

Comment

Quoted from Damon

copied and paste:

donating any amount is ALWAYS appreciated.

any amount donated that totals less than $20 will get you the "Donating User" title. it may not be a huge deal, but it lets everyone who sees it know that you've done your part to help keep the site alive.

any amount greater than $20 and less than $100 gets use the title "Donating Member". along with that, you also get the use of a number of avatars to use.

when you get to a total amount of $100 or greater, you get the title "Five Star Member". with this level, you gain access to a number of "hidden" forums, all of which are completely unmoderated. in addition to having access to all of the avatars, you can also upload a custom avatar and you can customize your user title. there is also an arcade to play in.

a lot of people have asked about where the "Five Star Member" title came from. well, back when the board was first started, there was a ranking system that used stars to denote the ranks of users. nearly all members could attain four stars. five stars were reserved for those folks who were singled out for contributions above and beyond the call of duty.

at the time, all administrators, mega/super moderators, and the special group had these five stars. it was pretty cool when they were there.

but yeah, no pressure on donating at all. any amount, whether it's a dollar or a few cents, is definitely appreciated. there's instructions on how to donate other than paypal on the main PT page.

didnt see anywhere any responses towards photos (only Avatars)

Comment

Stoker you have alot of good info on here and would hate to see it all lost. I'm pissed off about photobucket but what ar3 you going to do
                      1992 Mazda MX-3 GS - KLG4 Turbo

Scott

Comment

One option might be to get some lame named .com and then get some cheap hosting to post your photos. I pay about $300 per year for my website name and hosting. I think that is probably cheaper than what most are selling photo space for.
                        Restoration of a legend

Comment

Well it's there.
                          Attached Files
                          1993 Probe GT
                          2003 Bagged Chevy S10

Comment

for PHPbb at leas there are scritps that downloads everything from Photobucket, move it locally, and then an addon that replace image links with local content if present.
                            Last edited by Zepticon; August 13, 2017, 03:55 AM.
                            Mazda 626 GT - 2.5 V6 - KL31
                            Mazda RX-7 FD - EU spec

Comment

Originally posted by Zepticon View Post
                              for PHPbb at leas there are scritps that downloads everything from Photobucket, move it locally, and then an addon that replace image links with local content if present.
                              You should post some detailed instructions for those who are hosted with PB.
                              Restoration of a legend

Comment

Working...
                              X