Ford Probe GT 2.5L KLDE Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford Probe GT 2.5L KLDE Turbo

I am doing this from my phone tonight so I will keep this short until I can clean it upwith tomorrow. I will post my progression pictures as I have three weeks to paint this car, install the turbo/ms/everything else. So feel free to stay tuned!

http://s275.photobucket.com/albums/jj288/onyxhammer

From the looks of everything you are upgrading the internals to k1 rods and what kind of piston? Also i see some stock nissan injectors are ya looking at shaving them to 550s? Hope the project goes well for ya and think about ms but im sure you knkow already.
    Here is the 96 gt turbo No more leaks and running great 270whp 259 torque 8psi

Comment

Those pistons look scary, custom CP pistons? I can see low compression but they are not Vitaras.'
      Is that Dans turbo?
      What type of piston rings did you choose exactly?
      Last edited by mac1; May 29, 2012, 12:40 AM.
      1993 Mercury tRacer :Vitara & mFactory: In progress 2020
      1994 Mercury TrAcer Wagon : '02 SPI swap : sold
      2014 Factory Five 818s: sold
      2000 Lotus esprit v8TT : 1st v8 on MS3x, ls1 coils,h20 injection
      1997 Nissan 200sx 1.6L : 35-39mpg the daily

Comment

These are RX-7 secondary injectors (red top 850cc)

Mac1 - The rings are nitrated steel, its what comes with CP brand pistons. Yes this is Dan's turbo. I also have the manifolds and WG. I have a little modifying to do, but nothing too major.

---------- Post added at 03:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 PM ----------

Forgot to mention! I have ms3 with the expansion board along with all of my gauges and wideband too of course.

Comment

So what is the static compression?

Comment

I can let you know tomorrow, I will have to get the CCs of the dish on these pistons since I cant measure them now. My machinist will know. My paperwork is in my office so I can't grab it and look, I will get back to you asap. I have all the other specs but those lol

Comment

Originally posted by Onyxhammer View Post
              I have all the other specs but those lol
              Then post up the dish (c.c.) and the (c.h.) compression height to figure it out. It looks like 8:1.

Comment

Got it today pistons are 8.6:1 (I knew they were close to 8.5:1). I can get you the specs from the entire build if you'd like.

Comment

yeah i'm curious how these shops calculate it. I'm sure it's pretty accurate but if you post the things I asked for then we can confirm.

Comment

I'm waiting for the shop to get back to me on the exact CC of the dish on these pistons. I'll probably just call CP tomorrow and ask them. That's the only number I didn't have was the CC of the dish. I'll let you know.

Update on the car. I've got the entire front of the car completely stripped to nothing. I'm going to run a few pieces through my sand blaster that I have and fix a small hole from the battery acid that leaked on it. I'm hoping that by Wednesday I can have the car painted and by Sunday of the following week I can have the MS installed and such.

However, my BoV is on back order x.X So absolutely no clue how long that's going to take. I hope it doesn't hold up this whole project!

More pictures coming soon.

---------- Post added at 10:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 PM ----------

Additionally, I just noticed now that I am on an actual PC that this is in the wrong forum section. So if any of the mods catch this, feel free to move it to the probe related section! Thanks!

Comment

Checked the math with CP, machinist, and myself. Its 8.35:1 after everything. I'll post it up after I get my paper.
                      Last edited by Onyxhammer; May 31, 2012, 11:02 PM.

Comment

Mac1 here are the final numbers. Check and see what you come up with.

Bore - 3.347
                        Stroke - 2.921
                        Combustion Chamber Volume - 39cc
                        Head Gasket Thickness - .016in
                        Head Gasket Bore - 3.375in
                        Deck Height - .013
                        Top Piston Volme - 14.1cc (dished of course)

I've done the math on paper and used calculators, I'm getting 8.35:1 but let me know.

Comment

yeah your calculations are correct but why the 3.347" bore? Stock unmolested cylinder bore is 3.33". Maybe they want you to bore the block to that spec.

Comment

Got a ton of new pictures to put up today then I have to finish some mods and bead blasting today too.

Comment

Got both done and a ton of other parts but forgot to grab more pictures. Doing control arms Sunday.

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 PM ----------

Dont mind the little spot of red I missed, I caught it after the picture
                              Last edited by Onyxhammer; November 14, 2016, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X