No announcement yet.

megasquirt - post your tables/msq here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Signature errors are the biggest PITA with MS I find. It takes quiet a while and a lot of reading to get the signatures properly set and software/firmware to sink. Myself and another member had the same problems with those errors, but after loading, updating, reloading and updating some more finally got it to work out. Make sure you computer one matches up with your firmware on the unit.. and that you have the proper firmware loaded for that particular unit -- takes a lot of reading to figure it out from my experience. Not hard, but definitely frustrating and time consuming.

There is a website that lists the firmware and has links to download. I dont have it on me, but you should be able to google search for it - or someone else likely has it saved as well.
    1996 Probe GT - Bought April 2010, Boosted August 2014
    Fast FC04 18x9, Black Leather, King6, ADDCO, AWR, Yonaka, Quad J30s, AVC Pipes, Tial WG, Greddy BOV, Aeromotive AFPR, MS1v3
    1993 Probe GT - 110k, auto, parts car
    2011 Impreza Limited Hatchback - Daily, Lowered, WRX Wheels & Wing

Comment

• Originally posted by BradsPGT View Post
      Signature errors are the biggest PITA with MS I find. It takes quiet a while and a lot of reading to get the signatures properly set and software/firmware to sink. Myself and another member had the same problems with those errors, but after loading, updating, reloading and updating some more finally got it to work out. Make sure you computer one matches up with your firmware on the unit.. and that you have the proper firmware loaded for that particular unit -- takes a lot of reading to figure it out from my experience. Not hard, but definitely frustrating and time consuming.

There is a website that lists the firmware and has links to download. I dont have it on me, but you should be able to google search for it - or someone else likely has it saved as well.
      I do have the right firmware..i just talk to the guys at megasquirt,an he says i will get errors because the base map was built on a older firmware/software..Yes it is very frustrating,but i cant wait to get it right.lol
      93 Probe gt- ,15.37 1/4 mile at mph 85 ** 5/24/03 14.71 SOLD
      1994 gt -klze,I/h/e/fly/ignition/kl31 ecu,colt210/210 cams Rip 2/13/08(blackice)
      92 mx3gs,ze swap from my probe 15.0@96mph :-( 175hp&155tq
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2396402

Comment

• How about just save the file that's on the unit already onto your laptop? The PNP models are ready to go out of the box. I've tried loading others that people have made, but they are older then the current firmware and won't work.
        Last edited by ChillinZX; January 4, 2016, 03:48 PM.
        2000 ZX2 w/ '95 Millenia KL swap, MSPNP (VAF delete, IAT mod, AEM Wideband, Coilpack), MFactory LSD w/ 3-4-5 gearset and 'Plate Mod' 626 trans, Aeromotive fuel system, custom DSS 500hp axles, AWR solid trans mounts, KLG4 IM, MX3 GS brake booster/master combo, GT35 turbo w/ custom 3" downpipe, Ford Racing ZX2 inverted coilovers, Cusco camber plates all around w/ Cusco strut tower bar, custom made traction bars to frame rails, and lots more.

Comment

• ---------- Post added at 12:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
          Originally posted by ChillinZX View Post
          How about just save the file that's on the unit already onto your laptop? The PNP models are ready to go out of the box. I've tried loading others that people have made, but they are older then the current firmware and won't work.
          I have a DIYPNP not the MSPNP system..
          1994 gt -klze,I/h/e/fly/ignition/kl31 ecu,colt210/210 cams Rip 2/13/08(blackice)

Comment

• Finally got my car started .idle is a little high,but ive got it down to 950rpm,but the a/f is 11.4 at idle.

Comment

• The default map is set at 12 something and under a/f. Sounds normal, the extra fuel probably keeps the temp down. You can adjust it manually if you want, say 13 to 14 or so. I deleted my IAC, so I just adjust the screw on top if my idle is too high or low.
              Last edited by ChillinZX; January 26, 2016, 12:17 PM.
              2000 ZX2 w/ '95 Millenia KL swap, MSPNP (VAF delete, IAT mod, AEM Wideband, Coilpack), MFactory LSD w/ 3-4-5 gearset and 'Plate Mod' 626 trans, Aeromotive fuel system, custom DSS 500hp axles, AWR solid trans mounts, KLG4 IM, MX3 GS brake booster/master combo, GT35 turbo w/ custom 3" downpipe, Ford Racing ZX2 inverted coilovers, Cusco camber plates all around w/ Cusco strut tower bar, custom made traction bars to frame rails, and lots more.

Comment

• Great resource!

Comment

• Just wanted to update this thread with some tunes:
                  http://members.iinet.net.au/~steven.s/

stoker100 2017= my current tune as of right now
                  -MSD
                  -36-1 wheel
                  -No VRIS
                  -WMI control
                  -Mill S inj

NA 2015= my last tune before boosting (has some boosted VE/Timing but that's easy to change)
                  -MSD
                  -Stock crank wheel
                  -Stock injectors
                  -VRIS
                  ^ for you proboner!
                  Supercharged - 94' PGT: ZE, MS2, W/M Injection, weight reduced, manual steering because weekend race car! mods and pics thread
                  Turbocharged - 06' WRX: 3" exh, ECUTEK ROM, MRT intercooler, VF34 pic
                  Nitrous Oxide - 79' Yamaha QT50 'Yamahopper' 70cc, MLM pipe, VM18 carb, dual stage reeds etc. pic

Comment

• Originally posted by stoker100 View Post
                    Just wanted to update this thread with some tunes:
                    http://members.iinet.net.au/~steven.s/

stoker100 2017= my current tune as of right now
                    -MSD
                    -36-1 wheel
                    -No VRIS
                    -WMI control
                    -Mill S inj

NA 2015= my last tune before boosting (has some boosted VE/Timing but that's easy to change)
                    -MSD
                    -Stock crank wheel
                    -Stock injectors
                    -VRIS
                    ^ for you proboner!
                    Why did you switch the the 36-1 wheel??

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackProbe View Post
                      Why did you switch the the 36-1 wheel??
                      It was on the crank SC OD pulley.
                      Supercharged - 94' PGT: ZE, MS2, W/M Injection, weight reduced, manual steering because weekend race car! mods and pics thread
                      Turbocharged - 06' WRX: 3" exh, ECUTEK ROM, MRT intercooler, VF34 pic
                      Nitrous Oxide - 79' Yamaha QT50 'Yamahopper' 70cc, MLM pipe, VM18 carb, dual stage reeds etc. pic

Comment

• Spark maps

Does anyone have some good spark maps for NA?
                        The Megasquirt baseup maps are for turbo and I' trying to figure out what a good map for NA would look like.
                        Probe GT 4WS!!! with KLZE heads & manifold, Megasquirt, OE spacers, ebay headers & RX8 steering wheel

Comment

• Originally posted by Probomax View Post
                          Does anyone have some good spark maps for NA?
                          The Megasquirt baseup maps are for turbo and I' trying to figure out what a good map for NA would look like.
                          The MSPNP base map was tuned on a naturally aspirated KLZE.

http://www.megasquirtpnp.com/mspnp2_maps.php
                          Matt at DIYAutoTune.com
                          My PM box fills up fast - it's much better to email me at websales@diyautotune.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Cramer View Post
                            The MSPNP base map was tuned on a naturally aspirated KLZE.

http://www.megasquirtpnp.com/mspnp2_maps.php
                            Unless I'm just somehow looking at the wrong thing, the map there goes well above 100kpa, suggesting that it's for FI. Also, timing at 100kpa is at like 22*, which seems a bit low for NA at WOT...
                            Beautiful Beast- 1997 PGT in process of becoming an SC/NA Beast...
                            Elo- 1990 BMW 325i weekend car
                            Brunhilde- 2003 BMW Z4 3.0 6-speed daily driver
                            The Beast- Sleeping in the junkyard...

Comment

• Yes, we put some cells in boost on the map because we anticipated a lot of customers would be using the MSPNP for turbo motors. The map was meant to be a starting point. As such, I think it's got a degree or two pulled out. That said, like most modern engines, KLZEs don't like a lot of timing compared to muscle car era engines.
                              Matt at DIYAutoTune.com
                              My PM box fills up fast - it's much better to email me at websales@diyautotune.com

Comment

• I beg to differ on that last remark about it not liking timing.

On 93 octane, it wants 29 degrees at max torque RPM
                                On 87 octane, it can still handle 27 degrees at max torque. I've dyno tuned just the timing after fine tuning the fuel. I started at 32 degrees and found the top of the parabola. I then called Corksport to talk with their KL race engine tuner. I wish I could remember his name. It was something exotic like Alistar or something. His words were along the lines of "the KL loves 29 degrees. That's what we run for maximum power." That confirmed my findings. Then I shared my findings with the community, and shortly after, everyone running MSNS on NA KLZE's were hitting their highest dyno numbers. Most people were using my entire timing map and I still see likenesses to my maps in almost every KL map I download.
                                1996 Boysenberry Probe GT MTXtreme
                                2014 Fusion SE MTXtreme
                                2005 Mountaineer Premier

Comment

Working...
                                X