Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust question

Hi all,

I have a '90 MX-6 that has been sitting for about 2 years now, un-inspected, since it needs a few things, among them are new exhaust and new tires.

My question is, does anyone (other than Mazda, but even that I'm not sure about) make factory-type, bolt-on exhaust for the 1st gen MX-6 and Probe anymore? I want to get this car back on the road, at least somewhat but I don't want to have to spend mega-$$$ on a custom exhaust system for it. With 6 other cars, I have to pick and choose what I do and at least to get it drive-able again, I want something inexpensive. I've checked on the Walker and Bosal web sites and they do list part numbers for all parts from the down pipe on back, but I've looked on Rockauto, Advance, Autozone, etc. and other than the converter and maybe the muffler, none of the other parts seem to be available. I've even looked on e-bay but exhaust parts (especially the mid-pipes) seem to be scarce for these cars. I know that mandrelexhaustsystems.com makes the mid-pipes for them, but they would involve welding for hangers and I just don't have the $$$ to acquire all of the parts needed PLUS pay a shop to install it for me. I just spent $500 to replace the exhaust on my wife's Outback, but everything was bolt-on and I was able to get everything from the cats on back for it. Sure it may not last as long as Subaru parts, but new converter prices are astronomical from Subaru and for a 18 year old car it's not worth paying Subaru prices.

Anyway, I didn't mean to get off track but unless someone knows of a place that sells bolt-on exhaust parts for my MX-6, I'll either have to keep trying to patch it up with spit and band-aids or the car will just need to sit and collect dust even longer.

Thanks in advance.
    Paul

'90 MX-6 GT
    original owner, 98K miles, 5-spd, K&N filter, Pacesetter cat-back, HKS Turbo Timer, ACT stage 1 clutch, Eibach Pro Kit, KYB GR-2, Kumho Ecsta ASX 205/60-15

It really looked like they had plenty of 1990 Probe and MX 6 exhaust components at rockauto.com but I guess that is an illusion since at first glance I missed the out of stock note. Damn
    Last edited by rwo93pgt; September 12, 2017, 11:58 AM. Reason: Errors

Comment

Originally posted by rwo93pgt View Post
      It really looked like they had plenty of 1990 Probe and MX 6 exhaust components at rockauto.com but I guess that is an illusion since at first glance I missed the out of stock note. Damn
      Yeah, I got all excited the other day when I looked on Autozone.com and the parts all said 'in stock', but when I went to checkout, BAM!, got hit in the face with 'the part you requested is no longer available'. It sucks that parts are becoming more scarce for our cars.
      Paul

'90 MX-6 GT
      original owner, 98K miles, 5-spd, K&N filter, Pacesetter cat-back, HKS Turbo Timer, ACT stage 1 clutch, Eibach Pro Kit, KYB GR-2, Kumho Ecsta ASX 205/60-15

Comment

pacesetter
        Need a chip or parts for your 1st gen GT go here----->Fordprobeparts.com

Floridafordprobeowners.club

Comment

best solution are to go at multiple muffler shop and ask for an estimate but you probable need to go with car to have real price of job you need.

---------- Post added at 11:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 AM ----------

see ebay listing # 172280988556 you can send an email to seller if they can have other part too.
          Ford Focus RS 2018 red race
          Ford Escape XLT V6 2008
          Mazda Mx6 GT 1991
          Ford Focus RS 2017 nitrous blue (Dead in Fire)

Comment

Originally posted by BoostedMan View Post
            pacesetter
            I had a Pacesetter Monza Exhaust on the car about 15 years ago. I would be happy to put another one on the car, but they don't make it for these cars anymore. The Pacesetter part number for the kit was 88-1328 and a Google search finds a couple of sites that say they have it, but none of them I would trust to take my credit card number and actually send me the kit. Also, one place actually wanted like $100 just to ship it, which is ridiculous.
            Paul

'90 MX-6 GT

Comment

Well that was along time ago they made them, you could always get lucky and someone might have one laying around in a warehouse.

Or contact the manufacture by phone or email and see if they can make you one.http://pacesetterexhaust.com/index.aspx
              Need a chip or parts for your 1st gen GT go here----->Fordprobeparts.com

Floridafordprobeowners.club

Comment

Working...
              X