Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reviews: NCAA Football 2005 & NHL 2005

NCAA Football 2005

God damn what a great improvement this game has gone through. The new interface looks stunning Improved gameplay makes for much better games and play calling. The all new "match stick" lets you pick out the mis-matches with the receivers or which defensive lineman to run through. The ability to see who's rattled and what players are good/bad. Better animations; make a great play and choose the mild or "big" celebration. The deeper dynasty allows you to control the players much more efectively. Now you have to keep them happy on AND off the field or risk them goin to the rival.

4.5/5

NHL 2005

Definately better but also worse. The off-puck control is AMAZING. Being able to control the guy down low and make the incredible shot is just awesome. In general the gameplay has marginally improved. Players seem to be able to travel across 1/4 of the ice to make a hit; keep in mind it takes like .00000002 seconds for this to happen. The game has gotten more arcadish. Realism seems to be dropping. Many things about puck control aren't realistic. The hits, well just some, have gotten better just like the animations. They've removed Create-A-Player because "they couldn't pack it and ship it on time." I'm actually disappointed with this release.

2.5/5
    --MJ--
    --2006 Ford Fusion I4 SE--Tungsten Silver--6 Speed Auto--

bumpin for the gamers
    --MJ--

Comment

NHL 2005 is that EA Sports or ESPN? EA Sports NHL 2005 doesn't come until WEdnesday I thought.
      Bah Weep Granah Weep Ninny Bon

Comment

it's EA Sports......it's already out; here atleast
        --MJ--

Comment

NCAA is f'in awesome. The online play is better then ever. Overall it's just a great game.
          08 F150 STX 4x4
          Custom LED Dome Light, Map lights, Cargo Lights, License Plate lights, and Aftermarket Head and Fog lights. All lighting has been upgraded, and the real mods have just begun

Comment

ESPN NHL2k5 is where it's at.
            Stephen Wilds #303
            PhotoPOC
            BMW 328i
            BMW Z4

Comment

i have espn nhl 2005, its ok, graphics suck even for a hdtv, but the gameplay is incredible. i really wanted ea sports, but if its that bad?

I don't drive a probe anymore.

Comment

i'm too depressed about the lockout to buy NHL '05
                We Fly, We Party, We Land
                Woodbridge Kart Club
                Summit Point Friday at the Track

Comment

ncaa 2005 is definately a 5/5

Comment

Working...
                  X