Official SCPOC Meet: August 28, 2010 - Twist O Rama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official SCPOC Meet: August 28, 2010 - Twist O Rama

It's the end of August and that means the annual SCPOC Twist-O-Rama is returning for 2010.

This cruise is our normal end of summer event. It will see us travel through the back roads near Chula Vista, working our way up to Julian, then up to Palomar Mountain, and finally through Pala on our way to the dinner at Outback Steakhouse in Temecula.

The drive will start at the Olympic Training Center in Chula Vista at 10:00am SHARP! This means DO NOT BE LATE or you will have to play catch up.

If anyone is interested in caravanning to Chula Vista and you're not already in the San Diego area, you can meet us at the designated SCPOC Orange County meeting spot [it's available on the club website @ www.scpoc.com]. We will be at the meeting spot around 7:45am and leave NO LATER than 8:15 am, to give us enough time to get there and gas up.

Itineraries are available via the club website and are in both Microsoft Word format and Adobe Acrobat format.

Please, it is important that you print out this document and have it with you on the day of the cruise. Not only does it have the schedule of events, but I've taken great care to have turn-by-turn directions with map pictures to help everyone out.

Take the time to read the first page of this document, as it has very useful information regarding conduct and the use of FRS radios. SCPOC strongly encourages the use of FRS radios with privacy subchannels. We use these radios to coordinate our group during club events like this one. They are relatively inexpensive and most come with the privacy channels. Also please take care to exercise courtesy when using these radios during an event, as they are for communicating important messages, not for idle chatter.

SCPOC also has some "rules of the road" that we follow during our cruise events as well:
    • Limit your FRS radio communications to delivering messages pertinent to the cruise.
    • We will have a maximum speed limit and it will be determined by posted speed limits and/or driving conditions.
    • There will be no passing to move from behind a "slow" vehicle.
    • No tailgating of any kind will be tolerated.
    • This event is NOT A RACE. There are no points awarded, nor are there any trophies.
    • Failure to adhere to the above guidelines will result in your being asked to leave the group.

We hope that you will have fun during this event and at the dinner afterward.

See you there.
    ProbeTalk is BACK! Once again, it's what you use the Internet for!

Let's get DANGEROUS!

I haven't seen anyone chime in on this. Who's going anyway?
    Pr0n - my Anti-Drug.
    1G FAQ - A MUST READ for 1G's! ~ 1990 PGL = WRECKED! & Sold! ~ 2004 Nissan 350Z Touring
    "Let me hear you make decisions without your television."

Enjoy PT? Support it.

Comment

^^^ YOu broke the silence dont you know SCPOC is trying to go for a record number of days with no posts. BUt since your mod here and can delete posts.........
      Last edited by mac1; August 16, 2010, 10:08 PM.
      1993 Mercury tRacer :Vitara & mFactory: In progress 2020
      1994 Mercury TrAcer Wagon : '02 SPI swap : sold
      2014 Factory Five 818s: sold
      2000 Lotus esprit v8TT : 1st v8 on MS3x, ls1 coils,h20 injection
      1997 Nissan 200sx 1.6L : 35-39mpg the daily

Comment

ok well ill finally make it this yr

Comment

should make it...
          95 Probe Gt Ze - "Blackmobile"
          93 MR2 Turbo - Black, jdm 3sgte

Comment

ill be there for sure just hope ill be able to make it with the GT and my bro with the GL
            owner of
            89 Probe GL - ran, broke down, ran, junked
            89 Probe GT - ran,broke, never got fixed junked
            89 Probe GT - the 1st probe replacement
            92 mazda 323 - current daily, klde swap coming soon

Comment

dam i just sold my gl to my cousin... kinda miss it already... but hey might be for the best. ill tell him see if he will wanna take it down to the meet tho or if he can let my bro take it
              owner of
              89 Probe GL - ran, broke down, ran, junked
              89 Probe GT - ran,broke, never got fixed junked
              89 Probe GT - the 1st probe replacement
              92 mazda 323 - current daily, klde swap coming soon

Comment

Originally posted by V3N0M951 View Post
                dam i just sold my gl to my cousin... kinda miss it already... but hey might be for the best. ill tell him see if he will wanna take it down to the meet tho or if he can let my bro take it
                no, you TELL your cousin that he's going to the meet. don't give him a choice.

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

im there!

Comment

Originally posted by mifitso View Post
                    im there!
                    who's there?

How's that fan motor?

Comment

it working fine! thanks for the help. ill bring my tools this time...

Comment

Originally posted by mac1 View Post
                        How's that fan motor?
                        i think like you said, my fan's must not be working anymore. car constantly overheats, if i don't keep it accelerated. was out in ventura/malibu all day yesterday, going through all the canyons, up the pch, westlake (23), etc... .kept getting hot, but it would be fine if slowed down, and put it in a lower gear and gave it some light acceleration. that would make the temp needle go back down for a bit, til i started coasting heavily again, lol.

there must be something wrong my stock fan wires, this has to be like, the 5th time the fans have been replaced. it seems everytime they get replaced, within a few weeks they go out again

Comment

Originally posted by euphoriasonic View Post
                          i think like you said, my fan's must not be working anymore. car constantly overheats, if i don't keep it accelerated. was out in ventura/malibu all day yesterday, going through all the canyons, up the pch, westlake (23), etc... .kept getting hot, but it would be fine if slowed down, and put it in a lower gear and gave it some light acceleration. that would make the temp needle go back down for a bit, til i started coasting heavily again, lol.

there must be something wrong my stock fan wires, this has to be like, the 5th time the fans have been replaced. it seems everytime they get replaced, within a few weeks they go out again
                          Well then I know i have to bring some extra parts then.

Comment

Originally posted by mac1 View Post
                            Well then I know i have to bring some extra parts then.
                            and um... do you have a starter? or i can buy one i guess, when you get here, if i need one. but starting the car seems harder and harder.... not that it doesn't start, it does. but it makes that loud screech noise, and sometimes it takes longer than a couple seconds to start. i'm guessing that's the starter? i think it's from a really old oldsmobile car, or something. eric had put it on for me...

Comment

Originally posted by euphoriasonic View Post

maybe there's a problem with both of the fan relays. i had an issue like this once. burned out the electrical connector for the d/s fan and took out one of the relays completely. i had to splice into the harness to repair it.

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

Working...
                              X