B20 Pistons for Low Compression Setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KLZE Porsche View Post
    I did very similar to make a valve seat surfacing tool. It actually works quite well! Sometimes the Jerry-rigging (or red-necking) method makes sense!

I have some NASCAR 6mm stem TI valves that would make a good KL piston valve relief cutting tool. You just have to make sure that there are no micro machined bits-n-pieces present when you move the piston in the bore! The only major drawback to cutting your own reliefs this way -is that there is no real good way of cutting the reliefs to a high tolerance depth. You can end up with varying compression from cylinder to cylinder.
    You could control cutting depth by making a thick washer with radial grub screw to have a stopper!

Any chance you could weigh a piston for me? I've been told that the piston weight should always be less than rod weight...

Comment

I have ordered some klze pistons, I'm hoping that my 10.5mm lift cams will clear with the ze valve pockets in the pistons, does anyone have experience here?

I still might go the Honda route in future if this doesn't work. I'm also hoping to increase compression further by milling the heads but I need to confirm piston valve clearances...

Comment

Hey, do you know what the compression height is on gen 1 hayabusa pistons?

Comment

Some good info

Comment

Working...
          X