1994 Ford probe gt build thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• free bump to keep your thread from dying

have you decided what type of fuel you running because it does make a difference

Comment

• Originally posted by P1P View Post
      free bump to keep your thread from dying

have you decided what type of fuel you running because it does make a difference
      Ah it will never die! Just handling adult life that's all. Hopefully here soon I can make some big purchases. Especially if we get this signing bonus at work.

There is nowhere near close to me that has e85 so I'll be running 93 pump, Rx7 primary injectors, fuel lab pressure regulator, 3/8" braided fuel line, aeromotive fuel filter and walbro 255 fuel pump for fuel duties.

I have also decided to ditch the borg warner turbo from further research and the fact that it has no upgrades.

I've decided to go with a holset hx35 since it has many upgrades and I've talked with the guys at gilletdeisel about our application and what upgrades to get for our motor.

More to come!

Comment

• some advice to remember:

there is a big difference in making power and making usable power

I know you want 450whp on the street if your car is going to be on street tires 450whp will just be power not usable power

you might want to look into some drag radials if you are going to street race

also whether you believe this or not your car might be faster with 350whp than 450whp more power the more chance of spinning the tires on a front wheel drive car

but if 450whp is your goal then you should build your car to handle 550 to 600whp

always build a car for more than what you need so you dont have to run it at its limits to get what you want

one more thing don't be cheap just to get by one thing I have seen on many forums is that-

(Most people don't understand how much it truly cost to build a reliable high hp car with all supporting mods unless they've done it before)
        Last edited by P1P; September 22, 2017, 05:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by P1P View Post
          some advice to remember:

there is a big difference in making power and making usable power

I know you want 450whp on the street if your car is going to be on street tires 450whp will just be power not usable power

you might want to look into some drag radials if you are going to street race

also whether you believe this or not your car might be faster with 350whp than 450whp more power the more chance of spinning the tires on a front wheel drive car

but if 450whp is your goal then you should build your car to handle 550 to 600whp

always build a car for more than what you need so you dont have to run it at its limits to get what you want

one more thing don't be cheap just to get by one thing I have seen on many forums is that-

(Most people don't understand how much it truly cost to build a reliable high hp car with all supporting mods unless they've done it before)
          Appreciate the advice!

Every part I've bought so far for the motor and turbo kit has been nothing but quality parts. I want this done right.

I've also been looking at what tires high hp DD guys use on there street beasts. Still deciding but leaning towards nitto nt555 for this.

My goal is still 450whp but if the car makes more than that with my supporting mods, that would be great! Even if 350whp is faster I still want 450+.

If anything grenades or goes wrong I do have another perfectly fine motor to rebuild.

I have the rest of the parts I need for my motor build just sitting in a cart waiting to be bought whenever I have the money.

I'm thinking/hoping in the next month or two I can make some more big purchases and progress with the car.

Comment

• No real update. Bought a few more parts and snapped some sad looking pictures of her . I'll have you back on all fours soon don't worry. Just hope the car didn't rust to much sitting.

I'm getting a nice signing bonus from work next week which means I can buy more goodies and start getting her back on the ground!

Right now I'm just focused on getting it running so I'll be primarily focused on the motor which means buy everything else I need to rebuild the motor and buy a better turbo for my goals.

Comment

• keep up good work on the probe I'm in the same has you I'm rebuilding my motor and get it ready for the turbo setup.

Comment

• Originally posted by edgar1989 View Post
                keep up good work on the probe I'm in the same has you I'm rebuilding my motor and get it ready for the turbo setup.
                This and the body work will be the longest and most challenging part of my build I just hope I do everything right the first time and I don't grenade anything.

Comment

• Sign on bonus came and more goodies are on the way and in the process of getting built to my specs.

More parts to come during income tax time.

In the mean time, I'm doing more research on some things.

Comment

• woot, woot

more people should save probes like this one

keep up the good work
                    it is better to be a smart fella than a fart smella

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Man View Post
                      woot, woot

more people should save probes like this one

keep up the good work
                      Thank you sir! Doing my best and doing extensive research and asking many questions, phone calls, emails etc.

With income tax coming up soon, backpay from work and some more funds coming my way I can get some of the major money parts I need out the way.

Also if anybody can point me in the direction of getting a Turbo manifold custom made that would be great!

I'm ditching the borg warner gm 5 and have bought a bigger better turbo.

Thanks guys

Comment

• More goodies to show up.

Still in search of a company to do a custom turbo manifold. Need something stronger than my cxracing manifold.

Comment

• Why would you need something "stronger" ?

I've personally seen 500 who on eBay turbo pipes.
                          1994 Project PGT

M62 In Progress...

Comment

• Originally posted by Brizzy View Post
                            Why would you need something "stronger" ?

I've personally seen 500 who on eBay turbo pipes.
                            I figured the manifold wouldn't handle the hp levels of this Turbo. I could try but I wanted to be safe than sorry.

I'm also trying to figure out if the vitara pistons and milly s rods setup will work with this Turbo too.

Instead of 450whp I'm aiming for 500whp+ now since this Turbo is capable of it and I want to do some track runs with the car.

Ill be building it for a nice street setup and run it hard at the track while still being able to drive it home.

I'm looking at the clutch masters twin disc now as well to handle the power/torque.
                            Last edited by Stanced4lyfe; December 30, 2017, 09:21 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanced4lyfe View Post
                              ...I'm aiming for 500whp+ now since this Turbo is capable of it...
                              How do you know that the turbo will produce 500whp on a Probe? I think I may have seen much larger turbos struggling to hit 500 whp. Or it may be that I just don't know my turbos all that well (because I do not -being the anti-turbo person that I am).
                              Success is a measure of determination!
                              Bonneville Dreamer-(AKA Purple Pimp Mobile)
                              $500 Gas-Electric-Gas Reconversion/Restoration
                              Mini-me & 500k "Old Gal" RIP
                              Restoration of a legend

Comment

• I would recommend getting better internals rather than better exhaust manifolds, as manifolds really aren't a point of great stress. Given the safety you're trying to build into this, I find it a bit strange that you're going with the mish mash internals with marginally more power handling over stock.

Otherwise keep it up!
                                Last edited by proboner; December 29, 2017, 12:48 PM.
                                Beautiful Beast- 1997 PGT in process of becoming an SC/NA Beast...
                                Elo- 1990 BMW 325i weekend car
                                Brunhilde- 2003 BMW Z4 3.0 6-speed daily driver
                                The Beast- Sleeping in the junkyard...

Comment

Working...
                                X