No announcement yet.

bad smoking problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

your compression is great that is the last thing you should worry about 8-)

Comment

I don't understand how the numbers could be that high, the turbo engine is low compression. But, if you're not detonating, then those numbers are fantastic, that's more power for you.
      1990 Probe LX - Daily beater

Comment

vin192583745123

I used fel-pro valve seals

Comment

I just found something out from the guy I bought the car from.
          What he said was he had the engine rebuilt and bored a little about a year before I bought the car. It sat for about 6 months before I bought it, (tranny was all screwed up). He didn't say how much it was bored, but could this be the reason for the higher compression results?

Comment

Blue smoke on decel sounds like a bad turbo to me. The exhaust seal is probably bad. Rings and valves usually smoke all the time or until the car is warmed up.
            HTH
            Jeremy
            my email address is NOT working

Comment

I changed the turbo and it does the same thing. The only thing is that when I went to do a compression check the #4 spark plug had a light oil coating on it. The compression check out ok. I'am still unsure of why the #4 spark plug was coated with oil. Im thinking valve seals or something of that nature. The car smokes when I first pull out and when I'am decelerating and tap the gas. Also the car smokes a little when I come to a complete stop. Thanks for the help guys.

Comment

Most likely it's the valve stem seals. I just replaced one piston, rod bearings and rings in my mx-6 and it does the same thing. My probe did this as well and it turned out to be valve stem seals. They were hard like plastic when removed.
                Good luck!
                8.13@170mph BWS480 at 38psi Nitrous to spool only!
                Best 60ft 1.17 1100whp Best mph in 1/4 170mph
                1st RWD 2jz Powered Probe - FOYOTA POWER!!
                11.25@129mph Fastest Street legal FWD Probe 2004

Comment

Working...
                X