Pics of front valve cover -cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Added a little more "Bling-Bling"

I've been doing some experimenting and have found some dress-up hardware that I feel looks good on a KL engine. It is a mix of this-n-that from here and there. I will either post up a How-to thread later on for parts to dress up a KL engine -or post up the part numbers here.

I have some more washers coming tomorrow to experiment with -that may end up replacing our stock washer caps and rubber grommets -that I still have beneath the blue billet stuff.

Last edited by KLZE Porsche; March 10, 2017, 04:56 AM.
    Success is a measure of determination!
    Bonneville Dreamer-(AKA Purple Pimp Mobile)
    $500 Gas-Electric-Gas Reconversion/Restoration
    Mini-me & 500k "Old Gal" RIP
    Restoration of a legend

Comment

looks good

did adding the washers change the thread depth

Comment

Originally posted by P1P View Post
        looks good

did adding the washers change the thread depth
        I ordered all custom hardware. I ordered the countersunk allen heads from measurements that I took with allowance for the billet pieces.

I got the sealing washers today from McMaster Carr and they are junk even though they are listed as stainless. They are very cheaply made. So I may end up peeling the rubber washers off them and just gluing them to the bottoms of the billet pieces.

This is some serious experimentation here (mostly fail)! Most of the junk you order on eBay from China that is labeled as SS hardware -cannot be trusted as actually being SS. The first Honda kit that I ordered for the valley cover HW has nice pretty blue anodised pieces -but the SS HW is plated -and coming off when received -so there is no telling what grade of metal they are. McMaster Carr has 316SS that I trust much better than anything coming from China. At least with MCM -you can return it if it doesn't turn out to be SS.
        Last edited by KLZE Porsche; March 10, 2017, 10:33 AM.
        Restoration of a legend

Comment

I really like how you are devoted to the KL engine. Looks really good.

Comment

Originally posted by sbeube02 View Post
            I really like how you are devoted to the KL engine. Looks really good.
            Thanks! I guess everyone has a hobby. Mine just happens to be the Probe and the KL engine. I think both still have a lot of unexplored potential.

I have finally sorted out all of the hardware. I will try to get a good collection of photos and part numbers to post up here on PT for reference. Most of the hardware minus the blue pieces and the valley cover extender bolts -was acquired from McMaster Carr. However -you can get the same sizes/threads etc. from eBay. I just don't trust the quality coming blindly from China. Their idea of stainless steel -is often silver paint on mystery metal.
            Last edited by KLZE Porsche; March 14, 2017, 04:00 AM.
            Restoration of a legend

Comment

We used to make the fiberglass insert ones, also made stainless ones for awhile. I am sure they are out there.

That P1P one looks similar to one of our fiberglass ones.
              Chrome wheeled, fuel injected, and steppin out over the line
              PRD - The original Ford Probe Aftermarket, THANK YOU FOR THE GOOD RUN
              1999-2013 : 14 Years of supporting the Probe community
              1997 Ford Probe GTS Turbo | 2000 Jaguar XJ8 | 1988 Jeep Grand Wagoneer | 1930 Model A Hotrod | 2005 VW Touareg V8

Comment

Love seeing some of the OG names in here
                Current: 95 PGT, 11 Mazda2, 98 Forester
                Gone: 93 PGT, 92 MX3, 04 Beetle Turbo
                http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2956358

Comment

My turd.

PaTricK
                  ~ 92 PGT, 97 KL MTX 626, 05 Mazda6, 13 Mazda CX9, 09 Kia Sportage 4x4 v6 ~

Comment

Working...
                  X