Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DrPepper View Post
    check out the disty cap on this one

---------- Post added at 12:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 PM ----------

I found one http://www.ebay.com/itm/JDM-93-97-Ma...NWlUqN&vxp=mtr

---------- Post added at 12:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 PM ----------

and another one
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/JDM-93-97-Ma...dWlYSL&vxp=mtr
    1995 Probe GT. Colt 218* cams, Tein SS Coilovers with EDFC, K6F trailing arms, CZT traction bars, ZE Intake Manifold, Milly MAF/OBDII swap, GReddy SP1, Probe Addiction Strut braces, RX8 Seats, PRD STS, PRD door sills, ACT 6puck, MFactory LSD,Built trans, Euro tails and corners, Walbro 255, and more to come
    Stage 3 Audi S4 pushing about 425awhp

Comment

KLZE Porsche -- if you need a 7 cap disty my ze came with one and I have no use for it at the moment...
      "Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program" - Milton Friedman

Comment

Originally posted by KLZE Porsche View Post
        Yea -I saw those -but all of them are UK or other. I was kind of hoping that someone would know of a US based distribuor (who is dependable).

It isn't anything against foreign sellers -but just that shipping is more -and if you run into any kind of problem -it costs a lot more for either the seller or buyer to make it right. Someone always looses.
        I dont think they would make it to the US, since there are no cars needing them there.

They are used on the KLZE and the almost identical KF engine (2.0l)
        I am running a perfect fitting KF intake (actual part number is KF) on my ZE, and the cap is the same. In Europe they came on the Xedos 6, but also on several version in Japan and Australia.

But if you want to look it up, the OEM part numbers are: Cap (KF0118V00) and Cap Gasket (KF0118V57) http://mazdaepc.com/parts/XEDOS-6/AECA02/E2/1820A/

Or from other sources:
        1.331.146 (EPS)
        8725 (BREMI)
        9945K13019 (JAPANCARS)
        ADM51429 (BLUE PRINT)
        J5323019 (NIPPARTS)
        K13019 (JAPANCARS)
        XD363 (QUINTON HAZELL)

I suspect this part is excellent for anyone wanting to do a HEI mod, but want it looking nice and OEM.
        Last edited by Zepticon; March 2, 2016, 02:41 PM.
        Mazda 626 GT - 2.5 V6 - KL31
        Mazda RX-7 FD - EU spec

Comment

I have one of those motors..It also have 10:1 compression also!!!
          93 Probe gt- ,15.37 1/4 mile at mph 85 ** 5/24/03 14.71 SOLD
          1994 gt -klze,I/h/e/fly/ignition/kl31 ecu,colt210/210 cams Rip 2/13/08(blackice)
          92 mx3gs,ze swap from my probe 15.0@96mph :-( 175hp&155tq
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2396402

Comment

the first one a had came with a curve neck..the second (current motor)came out of a 1999 626,so am not sure what manifold it came with..someone swap this motor in the 626..It still had the Chinese writing sticker ,on the valve cover.this is why i said the the jdm millenia made more than 170hp,IMO
            93 Probe gt- ,15.37 1/4 mile at mph 85 ** 5/24/03 14.71 SOLD
            1994 gt -klze,I/h/e/fly/ignition/kl31 ecu,colt210/210 cams Rip 2/13/08(blackice)
            92 mx3gs,ze swap from my probe 15.0@96mph :-( 175hp&155tq
            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2396402

Comment

Originally posted by njintau_fsd View Post
              Do you know what year car that engine came from? It seems strange to me that the late model ZE's weren't switched over to coil pack like the G4's here given how shitty the distys for our cars are plus coil packs are superior to distys anyway. Maybe I'm missing something here but wouldn't it make sense for a late model KLZE to run coil packs?

Also, why no crank sensor? Don't OBDII cars rely more on the crank sensors to maintain ignition timing?
              7 nipple disty = external coil so it's not as shitty.

Comment

Originally posted by Eunos30x View Post
                7 nipple disty = external coil so it's not as shitty.
                Wow so we actually got a shittier version of the disty in the US? Man that bites! I wonder who thought an internal ignition coil would be a good idea in these distys.

Comment

Originally posted by zepticon View Post
                  i dont think they would make it to the us, since there are no cars needing them there.

They are used on the klze and the almost identical kf engine (2.0l)
                  i am running a perfect fitting kf intake (actual part number is kf) on my ze, and the cap is the same. In europe they came on the xedos 6, but also on several version in japan and australia.

But if you want to look it up, the oem part numbers are: Cap (kf0118v00) and cap gasket (kf0118v57) http://mazdaepc.com/parts/xedos-6/aeca02/e2/1820a/

or from other sources:
                  1.331.146 (eps)
                  8725 (bremi)
                  9945k13019 (japancars)
                  adm51429 (blue print)
                  j5323019 (nipparts)
                  k13019 (japancars)
                  xd363 (quinton hazell)

i suspect this part is excellent for anyone wanting to do a hei mod, but want it looking nice and oem.
                  according to the part number for the cap (from mazda) it is a klze however no dealer in the us has one
                  1995 Probe GT. Colt 218* cams, Tein SS Coilovers with EDFC, K6F trailing arms, CZT traction bars, ZE Intake Manifold, Milly MAF/OBDII swap, GReddy SP1, Probe Addiction Strut braces, RX8 Seats, PRD STS, PRD door sills, ACT 6puck, MFactory LSD,Built trans, Euro tails and corners, Walbro 255, and more to come
                  Stage 3 Audi S4 pushing about 425awhp

Comment

Any chance you pulled the oil pan off? I'm wondering what crank it has in it?

Comment

I'm wondering if it has HLAs or SLAs and if it has the lighter G4 crank. I'm getting ready to swap my 2001 626 and I'm really trying to retain the SLAs and light weight crank.

Comment

Originally posted by nocomply540 View Post
                        I'm wondering if it has HLAs or SLAs and if it has the lighter G4 crank. I'm getting ready to swap my 2001 626 and I'm really trying to retain the SLAs and light weight crank.
                        It has HLAs. I haven't been able to check the crank because I can't put it up on the stand at the moment.
                        Success is a measure of determination!
                        Bonneville Dreamer-(AKA Purple Pimp Mobile)
                        $500 Gas-Electric-Gas Reconversion/Restoration
                        Mini-me & 500k "Old Gal" RIP
                        Restoration of a legend

Comment

Notice the KLG4 Style valve covers:
                          http://www.xtremethings.com/Images/B...e/KLZE-001.jpg
                          KLDE's also used the same valve cover. My 97 626 came from the factory with the same one. As did the 97 Millenia's. Basically all KL's from 97 and newer got the front breather deleted. Even the 97 PGT's got a Ford labeled one without the front breather.
                          PaTricK
                          ~ 92 PGT, 97 KL MTX 626, 05 Mazda6, 13 Mazda CX9, 09 Kia Sportage 4x4 v6 ~

Comment

Bit of an oddball, but with that level of cleanliness, Id be happy too. Don't be surprised if we see a lot more of these popping up...All of the earlier ZE stock of cruddy sludgy engines has probably expired and were getting the clean late model stuff now. Agreed that the Millenia ZE makes more than 170hp....185hp is more like it, even with DE heads.
                            1994 PGT-ZE Rio Red MTX. Grey Leather. Intake, Header, HFC, 2.5" Cat-back, Mazda 6 BBK, RR Mounts, HEI, 1997 Taillights, XTD Stage 3, STS, Exedy Clutch M/C. Fully Loaded Daily Driver with A/C.

Comment

I didn't get around to breaking down the pallet last night because for one I have a hand that has gone bad on me and for two -I was plagued with family hardships yesterday. I hope to get it inspected before the end of the weekend.
                              Sorry, I'm joining this thread a little late. I hope that everything is going alright for you now and over the past few months.

There are too many of them showing up for sale for it to be that possibility. If you check eBay from time to time -you will notice more and more of these showing up.
                              P.S. I just looked on ebay and there are two more engines exactly like it from a different seller than the one I bought mine from. So I don't think it is an extremely rare occurrence.
                              LOL. I think the 15 people watching the same motor are in / have posted to this thread! I really wish I found this thread earlier, since I was so close-by one of these motors last month, but in the end I was not able to make it to the shop. Had I known, I would've definitely make a better effort.

The reason I am re-researching all of this is I am now in the market for a KLZE for a swap, but I really need help. I am willing to provide the financial backing for this research and investigation, but ultimately I will need help with the installation. If someone within 100-150 miles (of Houston) can help inspect and install one of this "new" engines, I am willing to pay for it.
                              Another newbie...

Comment

Originally posted by aroy_dii View Post
                                Sorry, I'm joining this thread a little late. I hope that everything is going alright for you now and over the past few months.

LOL. I think the 15 people watching the same motor are in / have posted to this thread! I really wish I found this thread earlier, since I was so close-by one of these motors last month, but in the end I was not able to make it to the shop. Had I known, I would've definitely make a better effort.

The reason I am re-researching all of this is I am now in the market for a KLZE for a swap, but I really need help. I am willing to provide the financial backing for this research and investigation, but ultimately I will need help with the installation. If someone within 100-150 miles (of Houston) can help inspect and install one of this "new" engines, I am willing to pay for it.
                                I believe there is a KLZE importer somewhere down near where you are that will install. I would check into that.

P.S. a little more on this engine is that -it is basically a KLG4/KLZE hybrid. It has the KLG4 heads and KLG4 cast iron crank. It also has the odd style KLZE pistons with raised center (rather than dished) that I think IPP sells. I am not thrilled about the cast iron crank -but it will be for a daily driver and so I am going to just live with it. As far as the pistons go -I would imagine that this makes it even more critical to use the shorter nose spark plugs that are recommended for KLZEs.
                                Last edited by KLZE Porsche; July 18, 2016, 09:45 AM.
                                Success is a measure of determination!
                                Bonneville Dreamer-(AKA Purple Pimp Mobile)
                                $500 Gas-Electric-Gas Reconversion/Restoration
                                Mini-me & 500k "Old Gal" RIP
                                Restoration of a legend

Comment

Working...
                                X