No announcement yet.

Late model KLZE???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got one of these motors with the crank sensor placeholder many many years ago. Couldn't say how long, I kept the little placeholder in my desk for years. If I had to guess I would say I got it close to ten years ago now considering I haven't had a KL car for over 5 years.

92 MX3 Turbo ($100 junkyard KLG4) 11.904 @ 124.3mph, 14psi, DOT approved Hoosier drags, pump gas.
    HIN/NOPI Supershow Class Winner - Miami 2010 - Street-Sport Compact-Mazda
    Links: Pretty Pic, GoFast Pic, Timeslip, Track Video, Dyno Video
    As of July 2011 the MX3 has been retired and sold.

Comment

I'm surprised Andy is still around

Funny I stopped by as I just sold my last PGT memory I had since 02 (KLZE manifold) and was wondering what new improvements or finds have happened since then. Happy to see guys still sporting PGTs!
      Rio Red 94PGT, Turbo T360trim,T3T4E 50 trim,T3T4E57 trim Parted out!
      1998 Volvo S70, The Brick
      1999 Red Volvo S70 T5 The Red Devil, modded
      1998 Black V70R AWD, The Waggo with mods

Comment

Originally posted by KLZE Porsche View Post
        P.S. a little more on this engine is that -it is basically a KLG4/KLZE hybrid. It has the KLG4 heads and KLG4 cast iron crank. It also has the odd style KLZE pistons with raised center (rather than dished) that I think IPP sells. I am not thrilled about the cast iron crank -but it will be for a daily driver and so I am going to just live with it. As far as the pistons go -I would imagine that this makes it even more critical to use the shorter nose spark plugs that are recommended for KLZEs.
        I can't believe another year has blown by! But I've finally pulled the trigger and bought a KLZE off ebay. (The seller is out of Maryland.) Took delivery on Monday afternoon, and checked a few "easy" things: straight neck (duh), JE50 VAF, KL31-1A1 on the front head, at least one KL31 cam (in the front), BKR-6E plugs. Honestly, I'm now just taking baby steps through all the how-to KLZE swap threads. So I bet this'll take another year before I get the damn thing installed.

Anyway I started a new thread with pics (link to be added soon), and it'll be updated reallllly slowly, since I'm not anticipating much progress day to day. I'm pretty sure once I get most of the easy maintenance done on the engine, I will have to get help the rest of the way. Anybody who's read this far, thanks and please click the link. Let me know your thoughts on the engine.
        Another newbie...

Comment

Working...
        X