Looking for my old car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for my old car

Anyone have contact info for Tim95pgt? He purchased my car in Arkansas in 2005.. would love to buy it back. https://forums.probetalk.com/showthr...p?t=1701170265

I'd probably buy my car back if it ever came around again.

I sold it to a kid that wasn't on probetalk as far as I know. It probably ended up in a junkyard as I heard that he popped a headgasket 5-6 months after he got it.
    -Chris C.
    Cadillac ATS 3.6L AWD

Comment

Originally posted by Probe 2C View Post
      I'd probably buy my car back if it ever came around again.

I sold it to a kid that wasn't on probetalk as far as I know. It probably ended up in a junkyard as I heard that he popped a headgasket 5-6 months after he got it.
      Or it might even have received some painted interiors (latex and paintbrush) a huge NFS rear LED lighted flying wing, some 36" donks, a 10" dia fart can, some big arse Honda stickers in the rear window and some of those stick-on BMW-look fender vents with chrome trim.
      Last edited by KLZE Porsche; December 26, 2017, 03:53 PM.
      Success is a measure of determination!
      Bonneville Dreamer-(AKA Purple Pimp Mobile)
      $500 Gas-Electric-Gas Reconversion/Restoration
      Mini-me & 500k "Old Gal" RIP
      Restoration of a legend

Comment

Originally posted by KLZE Porsche View Post
        Or it might even have received some painted interiors (latex and paintbrush) a huge NFS rear LED lighted flying wing, some 36" donks, a 10" dia fart can, some big arse Honda stickers in the rear window and some of those stick-on BMW-look fender vents with chrome trim.

Cruel and unusual! Kind of like saying, well, that nice person you used to know at the cafe was killed in an industrial accident when they grabbed a slowly rotating piece of machinery.

Unfortunately though, quite possible. Taking a 94 parts car I picked up at an auction for $100 to the junkers tomorrow, finished getting what I wanted. It had undergone the high school kid treatment - rattle can though, not latex. I didn't save the fart can.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike 99 View Post
          ...Taking a 94 parts car I picked up at an auction for $100 to the junkers tomorrow, finished getting what I wanted. It had undergone the high school kid treatment - rattle can though, not latex. I didn't save the fart can.
          Yes -unfortunately the Probe is one of those that kids do tend to abuse with their customization or whatever just happens to be trending at the moment.

When I said something about the latex paint and paint brush -that comes from a real life encounter. I was at the yard looking for Probe parts when I spotted a blue convertible Probe. Top was hacked off -probably with dad's Sawzall -complete with unfinished edges all around. And then it was painted the most hideous latex baby blue complete with brush strokes.

There was another fellow there looking at it as well and so I made a comment or two. He immediately went into a rage and said that it was his cousin's car and that he helped him build it up that way and wanted to fight over my comments. How was I to know? I am guessing that him and his cousin honestly thought that what they had done to the car was good! Imagine that!

Unfortunately -at that time I didn't have a smart phone to capture the moment. It was totallly puke-worthy!
          Last edited by KLZE Porsche; December 27, 2017, 03:33 PM.
          Restoration of a legend

Comment

I guess this is why I'm still hanging on to my Probe. I rarely use it but can't bear to see some kid 'customizing' it.

Bruce
            1993 Ford Probe GT

Comment

Originally posted by PassingLane View Post
              I guess this is why I'm still hanging on to my Probe. I rarely use it but can't bear to see some kid 'customizing' it.

Bruce
              ^^^Agreed!
              Restoration of a legend

Comment

I'd still buy it back. I think it'd be fun to put it back together. I was scraping anything together that I could when I had it... the rolling freebie after all those bulk buys.

Now that I have a bit of money, it'd be nice to make it a project with my 11 year old son.
                -Chris C.
                Cadillac ATS 3.6L AWD

Comment

I got "closure" my first Probe was wrecked.
                  Probe out for Harambe
                  94 PGT KLZE http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/a...psr6dk8q1m.jpg
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aauXMeITcdM

Comment

36" donks
                    I was done.

A friend of mine found my first car in the middle of the woods. My key still opened the door, and an old phone bill was still in the trunk. I had given it away years ago.
                    Last edited by Lithium543; May 1, 2018, 02:37 AM.
                    1994 Performance White GT 5 speed - Rest in peace.[/B] My first car, totaled 10/11/09
                    1996 Black Probe GT - 100k & Factory Spec.
                    TW's Tilted Kilt 1997 Probe GTS - Hand built KLZE, Port & Polish, CAI, Eibachs, STS, Catless. Rides like your mistress, shrieks like your wife.

Comment

I have mine, it is on jack stands with no suspension or engine. Next year when I can antique plate it, I am moving it from my other house to get it back on the road.

The city here is a mess about cars, but if it has antique plates and good tires they let it be.
                      ¡Renewed Vigor!

Comment

Originally posted by Probe 2C View Post
                        it'd be nice to make it a project with my 11 year old son.
                        Definitely seems like I posted this not long ago and yet here I am with an almost 15 year old son and still looking on-and-off for my old car.
                        -Chris C.
                        Cadillac ATS 3.6L AWD

Comment

Working...
                        X