Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so its safe to say if you have your airbag sensors removed (unplugged) that you can't get rid of the light?

what if you just paint over the inside of the guage cluster?
    95 mx6 with a 4 lug swap
    Built, Not Bought.
    No, my username is Not from that stupid movie.

Comment

Originally posted by polarexpress17 View Post
      so its safe to say if you have your airbag sensors removed (unplugged) that you can't get rid of the light?

what if you just paint over the inside of the guage cluster?
      Well painting it would do the same effect that taking out the bulbs.

i cant say for sure about unplugging them if they would fix the light, but more than likely it wont because the airbag computer would think that they are blown.
      Built by Ford.....Engineered by Mazda....
      Rebuilt, Re-engineered, and Redefined by Kov.
      New Probe in 2013, let the S/C fun begin!

Comment

yeah, if you take out the bulb the dash or something sets off a loud ass buzzing sound, i tried it already

the only thing left of my airbag system is the harness for the module, and the module itself. oh and also the airbag in the steering wheel
        95 mx6 with a 4 lug swap
        Built, Not Bought.
        No, my username is Not from that stupid movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Kov View Post
          If you dont mind, would it be alright if I steal your pics and edit the original post with them (that way I can also put them in my photobucket account with all the other pics so they will stay there forever!)
          Absolutely, go ahead and get them
          Rio Red 94PGT, Turbo T360trim,T3T4E 50 trim,T3T4E57 trim Parted out!
          1998 Volvo S70, The Brick
          1999 Red Volvo S70 T5 The Red Devil, modded
          1998 Black V70R AWD, The Waggo with mods

Comment

Wow! I am very happy to know of this, I've had the 51 flashing for several years and learned to ignore it. Thanks!
            2015 Dodge Charger SXT Rallye, JAZZZND , 40K
            JAZZZIN 1994 PGT, MTX, Black/Gray leather, 200K, KLZE, Magnaflow catback SOLD to Dan [Sac]
            JAZZZN8 (2008 Mazda RX-8 GT), JAZZZN6 (2013 and 2010 Mazda 6 s GTs), first BAPOC Prez James Creasy's JAZZZN2 (1994 PGT), the infamous GRPJUCE (1994 PGT) all sold
            born in MA, grew up in MI, live in CA, just kept moving west

Comment

wow, cant believe there are this many people that have airbag problems. I would be too paranoid to ride around with the light flashing
              93 pgt= yard ornament

proud owner since 1999

Comment

If you just want to make the light go out, pull the black connector out of the air bag ECU, and stick a 2 penny nail into the black connector, the cavity with a slot. That cavity has a shorting connector:
                * when it is plugged into the ecu a rib on the ecu connector causes the short bar to open circuit, the lamp has no ground, therefore it is OFF;
                * when it is unplugged from the ecu, the short bar closes the ground circuit and the lamp is ON.

Remember, you have no airbag at all in this condition, and no warning that the bag is inactive. I do not accept any consequences resulting from this information. Wear your seat belt, it is still the primary restrain system for occupant protection.

Comment

i put an after market wheel in my probe without a air bag and needles to say the light constantly blinks if i just disconnect the air bag ecu would that solve my problem?

Comment

Can anyone give me the text that's written on the replacement fuse? I just find it funny that you guys would actually pay 6 bucks for a 10 cent part you can get at digi-key or mouser.

I'd be happy to link you guys to the aforementioned website order pages once I have the tiny print written on the replacement fuse.
                    Last edited by OrenG; March 7, 2010, 04:39 PM.
                    If you double park, you'll get your car keyed, if you park normally you'll have some kid throw open their door at 90 mph, so you've got two choices...scratched or scratched and dented.

Comment

OrenG your in l.a., I fixed my air bag light by going to the j/y in L.A. and take the circuit boards of 3 probe srs modules.

Originally posted by epadgett11 View Post
                      i put an after market wheel in my probe without a air bag and needles to say the light constantly blinks if i just disconnect the air bag ecu would that solve my problem?
                      BINGO! and if you disconnect the ecm you will also cure the flashing CEL light.
                      Last edited by mac1; March 7, 2010, 05:40 PM.
                      1993 Mercury tRacer :Vitara & mFactory: In progress 2020
                      1994 Mercury TrAcer Wagon : '02 SPI swap : sold
                      2014 Factory Five 818s: sold
                      2000 Lotus esprit v8TT : 1st v8 on MS3x, ls1 coils,h20 injection
                      1997 Nissan 200sx 1.6L : 35-39mpg the daily

Comment

Originally posted by mac1 View Post
                        OrenG your in l.a., I fixed my air bag light by going to the j/y in L.A. and take the circuit boards of 3 probe srs modules.

BINGO! and if you disconnect the ecm you will also cure the flashing CEL light.
                        I'd rather find the fuse myself rather than go to ripoff lube, all I need is the information written on the case of the fuse and I'm sure I'll be able to find one. I enjoy soldering, coming from a diy-hobbyist family and I'm planning on majoring in Electrical engineering one could expect as much.
                        Last edited by OrenG; March 7, 2010, 09:17 PM.
                        If you double park, you'll get your car keyed, if you park normally you'll have some kid throw open their door at 90 mph, so you've got two choices...scratched or scratched and dented.

Comment

So your the technical type, that's cool. By ripoff lube do you mean their prices? I tend not to pay for 80% of the things I get from PYP. 80% maybe more depends on the size. Off topic, sorry.
                          1993 Mercury tRacer :Vitara & mFactory: In progress 2020
                          1994 Mercury TrAcer Wagon : '02 SPI swap : sold
                          2014 Factory Five 818s: sold
                          2000 Lotus esprit v8TT : 1st v8 on MS3x, ls1 coils,h20 injection
                          1997 Nissan 200sx 1.6L : 35-39mpg the daily

Comment

So, can anyone give me the text written on the fuse casing?

Comment

mine was flashing for a while, then that box had a little electrical fire while i was driving down the road, luckily it was all withheld in the box. i plugged in another box from a 95 pse like i have and now im gettind code 24?
                              BLACK 95PSE- on jack stands waiting for something special

DAILY: BLACK MICA PROTEGE5: FORGED,SQUIRTED, AND HOLSET POWERED!!!

Comment

WOW, thanks so much for posting this!! When I bought my car, I hated that light big time. Now I kinda got used to it, but I can't wait to try this to get rid of it. Will be sooo nice not having a light blinking on my instrument cluster now!!
                                Jeff - 94 Probe GT - 2nd owner - Stock but just getting started, but limited budget
                                Todo:HEI mod asap/Install my Injen cold air intake, valve cover gaskets, possibly head gasket
                                Planned:G4 IM/Bored TB/High flow cat/Cat back exhaust/17 or 18 inch rims /Mazdaspeed rotors and brakes front/Protege brakes back with e-brake (MTX here)/Sleepy mod/Sensei Body Kit w/hood/Someday would like to switch to ZE

Comment

Working...
                                X