Official SCPOC Meet: Revenge of ACH - September 25, 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official SCPOC Meet: Revenge of ACH - September 25, 2016

Sorry that I am late posting this up. I've been sick all week and had a few other things pop up.

This is a great run if you've never been along the full length of the road!

The details:

Event: Angeles Crest Highway
    Date: Sunday - September 25, 2016
    Start time: Approximately 10:00 AM
    Meeting Location: Ralph's - La Canada/Flintridge

We'll meet up at the Ralph's parking lot at 10AM.

The address to the Ralph's is:

Ralph's
    521 Foothill Boulevard
    La Canada Flintridge, CA 91011

We'll leave for ACH no later than 10:30AM - you should be ready, in your vehicle, and set to go. If not, we can make a fuel stop at the Chevron just before heading up onto the ACH a couple of blocks away, but please be courteous enough to fuel up beforehand. There are restrooms at the gas station if you need to go before the cruise starts.

The cruise will start along Angeles Crest Highway, then we'll take a turn up to Mount Wilson. Once we get to the top, we'll stop for a few pics, then come return and head down ACH until we get to Islip Saddle, where ACH meets with SR-39.

The back half of ACH should be open, so we'll get to enjoy the trip through to Wrightwood, before turning off onto SR-138 and then off to I-15.

After the cruise, we'll head over to Dickie's Barbecue Pit. There should be plenty of parking, since it's in a business park, and the food here is pretty good. They even have FREE soft-serve ice cream.

The address to Dickie's is:

Dickey's Barbecue Pit
    9670 Haven Avenue
    Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730

*Note* - If for whatever reason, the road past the junction of SR-2 and SR-39 [aka Islip Saddle] is not open, we will turn back and have lunch at Newcomb's Ranch.

What we would appreciate you bringing:
    • FRS radio - we will establish the channel at the meet location
    • Good attitude
    • Driving safety in mind

REMINDER: SCPOC has some minor rules regarding driving habits while on club function drives. Safety is EXTREMELY important. You may have some stints of hard driving here and there but nothing over the top. The majority of the drive will be at a reasonable speed for the course and a minimum safe following distance between cars will be enforced. The maximum speed limit on ACH is 55 mph and believe me, this limit is fast enough for the majority of these turns; there will be NO excessive driving permitted.

Hope to see you all there!
    ProbeTalk is BACK! Once again, it's what you use the Internet for!

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Just checking, who is coming?
    I will see you guys in few hours.

Comment

Working...
    X