Old Timers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All kinds of old balls in here.

I'm a truck driver now out of Missouri, in the Springfield area my 95 base is at our terminal in long-term storage, I drive it whenever I get work on the truck done. I'm leasing a 2016 Freightliner Cascadia, fully loaded you could live in one of these if you had to.

Looking for a PGT soon, wanna get back in the game, got all my shit from my old 94 still.

We should do a meet. For posterity. In Branson, MO, I could probably hook it up and make a weekend of it. May. Or maybe June. I don't think it will be Myrtle Madness-ridiculousness but there's caves, touristy shit to do, and Route 66 is twisty and curvy in that area you could get into some trouble on some of those roads, I've been on them there's some bomb ass bar-be-que nearby and we should do something.
    PhotoPOC(tm)
    MM9 MMX FF FF2 FF3 FF4 FF5
    93' PGT not stock
    91' PLX MTX stock

95' Jaguar XJR 155mph La-z-boy recliner

Comment

• Jus droppin in to say hey to everybody. Good to hear from you all.
      93 mx6 everything from the probe and more.
      http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps77ec3fc9.jpg
      95pgt-t 14sec @ 111mph crushed
      http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...916_001048.jpg
      95se stock R.I.P. 10/16/08

Comment

• Originally posted by Nechronius View Post
        It was a PRD bracket that held a nitrous engagement switch for a very short lived Nitrous experiment.

Took another step forward in getting the car road worthy.

https://youtu.be/wQabOOmVWBc

I'll be faced with a bit of a chicken/egg dilemma real soon. Car needs tires if it's going to be road worthy. But to be road worthy it needs to pass emissions. But if can't pass emissions then why get new tires. Passing emissions will possibly require removal/replacement of the Hotshot headers with the stock logs, which I'm ok with if I have to, but would rather not. Those headers were a big part of why I just let the Probe die in the first place, biggest mistake ever...
        ok, now i remember it.

yeah, i know how you feel with smogging the car. i never bothered removing the headers. most of the time, they don't pay too much attention to them, but more about having my stock airbox, whether the EGR is there, and the cat.
        ProbeTalk is BACK! Once again, it's what you use the Internet for!

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

• The problem is the '95 has the pre-cats in the exhaust manifolds. Without the pre-cats it's reeeeeeally close to the pass-fail mark. I wish I had kept the last smog cert, but numbers were close. For example, if allowed NOx is like 150 ppm, the car was at 149 ppm. I made that number up, but literally two of the allowed values were two or three ppm shy of failing. I just had the stock intake on and they didn't give the headers a second glance, that was not the issue.

I'll make it work. I'm far too pot committed not to at this point, especially if I buy new tires. Felt good driving it briefly, even if it felt like it was bouncing over cobblestones.
          Jin "Time Traveler" Kim
          chrono@chrono.org
          http://www.chrono.org
          '95 PGT own
          '06 Mazdaspeed 6
          '13 Evolution GSR
          '90/'91 PGT owned

Comment

• I got my e30 smogged recently and upon the first attempt I was a gross polluter. The smog guy suggested a get a new cat, as in his words "I'm not sure what theyre doing with the cats these days, but they make an enormous difference". Went and got a new CA cat installed for $280, went back to test, and sure enough I passed with absolute flying colors.

Certainly this is just anecdotal, but perhaps there is something different enough about new cats that pre-cats wont be an issue. Couldnt hurt to try it at a place that does free retests.
            Beautiful Beast- 1997 PGT in process of becoming an SC/NA Beast...
            Elo- 1990 BMW 325i weekend car
            Brunhilde- 2003 BMW Z4 3.0 6-speed daily driver
            The Beast- Sleeping in the junkyard...

Comment

• Hmmm I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the advice. Makes sense that things like cats would see some technological improvements.
              Jin "Time Traveler" Kim
              chrono@chrono.org
              '95 PGT own
              '06 Mazdaspeed 6
              '13 Evolution GSR
              '90/'91 PGT owned

Comment

• As if it wasn't clear enough from other little posts I've made recently, the car is fully back in action and doing commuter duties a couple of times a week. Still runs a bit rough and needs more love, but it feels pretty damn good. I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed driving this car.

I got the windows tinted with the expensive stuff because I've gotten so used to having a cool interior, so that was a pretty pricey commitment (FormulaOne Pinnacle). I finally got some lowering springs to install so there's no big money items left to spend on it other than maintenance. I'm just going to enjoy it as-is.

After all this time I definitely still regret getting an Underdrive pulley for this.
                Jin "Time Traveler" Kim
                chrono@chrono.org
                '95 PGT own
                '06 Mazdaspeed 6
                '13 Evolution GSR
                '90/'91 PGT owned

Comment

• You guys are all old.
                  -Chris C.
                  Cadillac ATS 3.6L AWD

Comment

• Originally posted by Probe 2C View Post
                    You guys are all old.

Yea.....
                    Jin "Time Traveler" Kim
                    chrono@chrono.org
                    '95 PGT own
                    '06 Mazdaspeed 6
                    '13 Evolution GSR
                    '90/'91 PGT owned

Comment

• My daughter turned 16 yesterday, so really she's the adult in my house.
                      Chrome wheeled, fuel injected, and steppin out over the line
                      PRD - The original Ford Probe Aftermarket, THANK YOU FOR THE GOOD RUN
                      1999-2013 : 14 Years of supporting the Probe community
                      1997 Ford Probe GTS Turbo | 2000 Jaguar XJ8 | 1988 Jeep Grand Wagoneer | 1930 Model A Hotrod | 2005 VW Touareg V8

Comment

• Wowza. No idea how I stumbled upon this thread but sure glad I did. Well, actually searching for clutch reviews for whenever I eventually revive my PGT that's sat for 10 years.

Started the IndyProbes group. Recognize tons of early 2000's guys in here, and remember visiting BAPOC site a lot, and the old FAQ board before this place. Glad I checked in!!
                        redeemed
                        IndyProbes founder

Comment

• Originally posted by j-dogg
                          All kinds of old balls in here.
                          So thats what that smell is...

Originally posted by j-dogg

We should do a meet. For posterity. In Branson, MO, I could probably hook it up and make a weekend of it. May. Or maybe June. I don't think it will be Myrtle Madness-ridiculousness but there's caves, touristy shit to do, and Route 66 is twisty and curvy in that area you could get into some trouble on some of those roads, I've been on them there's some bomb ass bar-be-que nearby and we should do something.
                          I still say Pigeon Forge.
                          Jim K.
                          :89LX: Gone but not forgotten:96 PGT:(ze twin turbo) Its not purple dammit! Its BOYSENBERRY! :89PGT: New project :03 KLZE Protege5: Daily When I go for a drive, I leave life behind. Friends, work, everything. Its just me, the car, and a twisty road. The exhilaration of being on the edge of catastrophe is something that I will never be able to give up.

Comment

• It does have that old funk smell in here.....geez I used to LIVE in these forums back in the day.
                            JAL 8/17/03 "we brake for no one"
                            2006 Brazen Orange Metallic GTO M6 400hp/400tq
                            89 GL 91 BASE 94 GT 93 GT-ZE
                            1986 Honda Accord LX-i Donated to Purple Heart

Comment

• Man, I miss my MX-3 and you guys
                              David Coleman #1891 - Fastest of any Gen @ MMIV:
                              1993 Mazda MX-3 GSR Special Edition - PINK POWA! - KLZE powered!

The Idiot Post Patrol :
                              Fighting ignorance one post at a time [this public service brought to you by Nikki and David]

Comment

• Originally posted by Probesport View Post
                                My daughter turned 16 yesterday, so really she's the adult in my house.
                                Whoa.. 16! Damn I'm feeling old now...
                                Jerry...
                                93 Probe GT

My PGT Photo Archive

Comment

Working...
                                X