No announcement yet.

Mx3- millenia S swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It'll have a diagnostics port but it's for the chassis, for engine codes you need the obd2 port from under the dash
    1990 Turbo KLZE Festiva

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/g...2/IMG_0385.jpg

Comment

ok new question what crossmember do mx3 guys use for the kl swap?
      1997 PGTS......Turbo, 3 inch exhaust,Ms1v3, Nitto555,lip, slammed adjustable supsension,Wideband, upgraded fuel, Lots of mods

Comment

Shouldnt need anything but the stock one i would imagine, since the k8 is the same block
        '93 PGT-T/S M62 supercharger,.57 trim T3/T4 turbo,
        11.992@115 Twincharged on 10psi
        11.941@111.66 Twincharged,23" Slicks, 1.749 60',14psi, spinning the clutch(123.7mph highest trap)
        RWD Probe-4.8L LS-TH400-3.25's-self tuned-in process.... Best time to date: 10.240@135.3mph, 3300lbs

Comment

you need the v6 mx3 cross member. the one on the 4 banger's is different, and will not work.

you really need to find a v6 mx3, and just rape it for parts. or just start with a v6 mx3 as a donor to swap the KL into.
          PaTricK
          ~ 92 PGT, 97 KL MTX 626, 05 Mazda6, 13 Mazda CX9, 09 Kia Sportage 4x4 v6 ~

Comment

thing is it was a 4 banger and we have no problem swapping the whole harness over, we will have to look int modifying a probe one then if we cant find some at a junkyard. I am pretty sure he wont buy another mx3 lol.
            1997 PGTS......Turbo, 3 inch exhaust,Ms1v3, Nitto555,lip, slammed adjustable supsension,Wideband, upgraded fuel, Lots of mods

Comment

your going to have to swap a harness also. but id go with the mx3 one. as its alot different then the probe. the fan and light relays are set up a bit differently. but im sure you could make a probe one work after spending some time on it. but the mx3 v6 one would be alot more direct. and since you need so many other parts from a v6 mx3. you might as well get the harness also from it.
              PaTricK
              ~ 92 PGT, 97 KL MTX 626, 05 Mazda6, 13 Mazda CX9, 09 Kia Sportage 4x4 v6 ~

Comment

Got some awsome stuff to report on soon! Yesterday was a very nice progress on this build !

Comment

ok he has come to the wiring process and honestly after fiddling with the probe harness then coming back to his car today and seeing the amaziong large amount of wires strung across the yard my harness was a breeze. He has great respect for you Damkid. He is currently trying to get an account to work on here to ask you questions. Down to business. Can you give us any insight on your wiring process. Any and all help will greatly be appreaciated. What can we remove without hurting the running order of the engine. What did you do about the auto ecu?

Comment

been a long time since I did an update so I figured now would be a good time. Dealing with some mount issues and a few expected hood clearances to deal with. My thing is this can you mega squirt a 2.3 ecu? I have not came to a full understanding of how the stand alone works but im getting there. Would there be an advantage from using a mega squirt or would it cause more problems than its worth? How picky is the millie ecu?

Comment

you can megasquirt anything
                      95 mx6 with a 4 lug swap
                      Built, Not Bought.
                      No, my username is Not from that stupid movie.

Comment

how about with its extra cylce?

Comment

miller cycle engines don't have an extra cycle, the intake valves are never fully shut, the motor gets its compression from the supercharger pushing against the cylinder as it comes up.

basically, the supercharger's compressed air acts as the intake valve during the compression stroke
                          95 mx6 with a 4 lug swap
                          Built, Not Bought.

Comment

oh ok so I can squirt this thing and be done with it haha?

Comment

yes .
                              95 mx6 with a 4 lug swap
                              Built, Not Bought.

Comment

hmm on to research, thanks man been reading damkids build thread on the protege forums and wow. There has been some serious learning going on there. Major props to Damkid and Durwood!
                                Side not how can you determine what can be removed from an ecu and not cause it to change the way the engine runs. (future projects) this is one of my biggest scares with ecu and wiring work it has stopped me on several wiring jobs already.

Comment

Working...
                                X