No announcement yet.

1994 Ford probe gt build thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it's been more than 2 months since his last posts DUH ))

Comment

• Originally posted by filip_pine View Post
      it's been more than 2 months since his last posts DUH ))
      well when a probe build goes 2 months with no update you can almost stick a fork in it and say its dead

maybe he will come back and finish this build maybe not

Comment

• I think it is possible that he may have become very discouraged -because from looking at that last photo posted -that would almost discourage me on that particular Probe (and especially if the rest of the car is rotted just as badly).

However, I have been very lucky that none of my Probes have ever had the cancer that bad and so it has never been an issue for me.
        Success is a measure of determination!
        Bonneville Dreamer-(AKA Purple Pimp Mobile)
        $500 Gas-Electric-Gas Reconversion/Restoration
        Mini-me & 500k "Old Gal" RIP
        Restoration of a legend

Comment

• I went radio silent for like a year and eventually came back strong... just depends how dedicated he is to the platform. I have a sickness. I am a proboner afterall!
          Beautiful Beast- 1997 PGT in process of becoming an SC/NA Beast...
          Elo- 1990 BMW 325i weekend car
          Brunhilde- 2003 BMW Z4 3.0 6-speed daily driver
          The Beast- Sleeping in the junkyard...

Comment

• I left the probe scene for 4 years. Came back from being over the road. When it came time to find a DD I started looking everywhere for my next project. It's truly an addiction plan and simple
            93 PGT CAI, Egay headers, high flow cat. 2.5 mandrel bent with Borla, Yonaka coilovers,19mm rear bar,CM 12lb fly and stage 2 clutch

She tends to argue with me daily...yep it's a Probe

Comment

• Originally posted by filip_pine View Post
              what happend with this project mate ? I hope you did not give up.. with all the work that you have put on....
              Originally posted by P1P View Post
              well when a probe build goes 2 months with no update you can almost stick a fork in it and say its dead

maybe he will come back and finish this build maybe not
              Originally posted by KLZE Porsche View Post
              I think it is possible that he may have become very discouraged -because from looking at that last photo posted -that would almost discourage me on that particular Probe (and especially if the rest of the car is rotted just as badly).

However, I have been very lucky that none of my Probes have ever had the cancer that bad and so it has never been an issue for me.
              Originally posted by proboner View Post
              I went radio silent for like a year and eventually came back strong... just depends how dedicated he is to the platform. I have a sickness. I am a proboner afterall!
              Originally posted by 93lazerpgt View Post
              I left the probe scene for 4 years. Came back from being over the road. When it came time to find a DD I started looking everywhere for my next project. It's truly an addiction plan and simple
              Lol I know guys I'm sorry. I have my own place now so funds for this build are tight. I also need to get some unnecessary bills out the way.

As klze said though between the 3 bolts snapping and other sh*t on the subframe it really did discourage me but main reason this build is slow is the funds for it.

This build is still going and in full effect! Just really slow.

I did buy pistons, rods and rod bearings for the motor build. Decided to go the way mac1 did with his vitara build. J20a pistons and milly s rods.

I've decided to also switch over to air so my coils are for sale if anyone is interested. My wheels and tires too are also for sale. I have another setup in mind now.

I won't disappoint nor will this build stop. I will finish it.

Comment

• Updated my mods list! Bought more parts and sold a few. Don't worry guys! Build still in full effect. Have a few more goodies coming in soon. Will post updates when they get here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanced4lyfe View Post
                  Updated my mods list! Bought more parts and sold a few. Don't worry guys! Build still in full effect. Have a few more goodies coming in soon. Will post updates when they get here.
                  How is the fight against the rust coming along?

If you are still fighting it -I can say to not get totally discouraged until you stick your fist through a sub-frame rotted hole. That is where I got discouraged with my KLZE Porsche project and called it quits. But good things can sometimes come from bad.

I would not have fell in love with the Probe if I hadn't picked up that first one as an engine donor that never came to fruition.
                  Restoration of a legend

Comment

• Originally posted by KLZE Porsche View Post
                    How is the fight against the rust coming along?

If you are still fighting it -I can say to not get totally discouraged until you stick your fist through a sub-frame rotted hole. That is where I got discouraged with my KLZE Porsche project and called it quits. But good things can sometimes come from bad.

I would not have fell in love with the Probe if I hadn't picked up that first one as an engine donor that never came to fruition.
                    I haven't attempted anything since then. I bought a 2003 honda civic ex coupe as my new daily and put coils and other little mods on it. Finally back to giving the probe the full attention it needs.

Bought a tool I need to use for stuck and snapped in half bolts. I'll pb blast it and heat it up before I attempt using it though.

Money wise I am so deep in this probe it's ridiculous and I'm way too excited right now to get discouraged. I'll keep pushing on no matter how hard it gets and if I can't get it I'll ask for help like I always do.

Comment

• when a probe guy buys a honda his probe days are numbered

alot easier to mod the honda than the probe

Comment

• Originally posted by P1P View Post

when a probe guy buys a honda his probe days are numbered

^^^ So very true!
                        Last edited by KLZE Porsche; May 20, 2017, 07:16 AM.
                        Restoration of a legend

Comment

• Originally posted by P1P View Post

when a probe guy buys a honda his probe days are numbered

Originally posted by KLZE Porsche View Post
                          ^^^ So very true!
                          It is very much so Alot easier to modify a honda and so much more cheaper!! I know because I've had

My first car 1993 Honda civic dx coupe, 1994 Honda accord coupe, 2000 Honda accord sedan, 1990 Honda civic hatchback and now this my 2003 honda civic ex coupe.

I've also had a white probe 96 gt and my current one 94 gt. I have a 2013 Ford focus that I hate but my mom drives it because she needed a car and I got the civic to daily.

Probe is still my full dedicated project. Since my last update I have bought

Synapses bov, tial wastegate, j20a pistons, milly s rods, milly rod bearings and performance springs from Australia. I do currently have a long list of goodies in my multiple carts waiting on me. Waiting on a deposit to hit so I can buy them.

Yall will be very pleased with these next big purchases. Once again thank you all for actually being interested in my long drought out build.

Comment

• Updated my mods list again! More goodies are on the way!! Can't wait I'm so close to finally being able to install some parts.

Comment

• So on this nice may day I've decided to give it a try at my snapped in half rear subframe bolts. I bought this tool off Amazon that's supposed to help remove snapped/stuck bolts.

I sh*t you not all I did was use Pb blaster and a little heat and both bolts came out in less than 10mins

Now I just have to clean the threads and put new bolts in. I also have a better conditioned subframe, new bolts, unrusted bolts and knuckles to be cleaned and painted.
                              Then of course my awr sway bar kit, Megan racing trailing arms, trailing links, and king6 sway bar adapters to be put on when painted so I can put the car back on the ground.

Huge step in getting closer to having her back on all fours.

My Borg Warner gm-5 Turbo also came in with a modified v band and clamp. Works as is with no shaft play but ima buy a rebuild kit just in case.

I have Alot of parts coming in next week and sending Alot off to get painted. Also buying more next week as well.
                              Last edited by Stanced4lyfe; July 26, 2017, 07:50 PM.

Comment

• Glad to see you didn't get to discouraged over the bolts and stuck with it and got them out, can't wait to see your further progress
                                97 pgt, manual swap, jdm lsd trans, cm stage 2 clutch, mx3 flywheel, cai

2001 626

Comment

Working...
                                X