After 9 years, back in a PGT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After 9 years, back in a PGT

Just copped this biscuit last night. 93 PGT, 5-speed, completely virgin car. 1000 bucks.

What it needs

-Water pump
    -Lift supports for the hatch
    -probably master cylinder
    -Radio doesn't work
    -Passenger door is coming apart
    -Massive exhaust leak at the Y-collector it sounds like it has open headers
    -Tires soon, these are old
    -AC doesn't work

What it will get

-KLZE swap with a mild NA build
    -Trans swap of some sort. I want to see if the G35-M 6-speed fits, from the Mazda 6, or if I can cross-pollinate a 6-speed solution into this car
    -My Gen IV Hotshot headers, test pipe and Greddy SP2
    -Mild suspension build
    -In-dash DVD
    -CB radio because trucker life
    -MS6 brakes and some sort of 17" wheels

Pulls like a freight train out of the hole in 2nd and howls like my old 94 PGT did the 5 minutes I ran open headers on it lol. 150k on the clock.
    Attached Files
    PhotoPOC(tm)
    MM9 MMX FF FF2 FF3 FF4 FF5
    93' PGT not stock
    91' PLX MTX stock

95' Jaguar XJR 155mph La-z-boy recliner

Would love to know if the 6 speed will bolt up.
    93 PGT CAI, Egay headers, high flow cat. 2.5 mandrel bent with Borla, Yonaka coilovers,19mm rear bar,CM 12lb fly and stage 2 clutch

She tends to argue with me daily...yep it's a Probe

Comment

Welcome back!
      Success is a measure of determination!
      Bonneville Dreamer-(AKA Purple Pimp Mobile)
      $500 Gas-Electric-Gas Reconversion/Restoration
      Mini-me & 500k "Old Gal" RIP
      Restoration of a legend

Comment

It's not bad I've already got some headway on the interior. I might have to replace the passenger door panel if I can't save it. I've already fixed a couple things on the inside. How do I remove the factory radio? I have a decent Pioneer unit I'd like to put in.
        PhotoPOC(tm)
        93' PGT not stock
        91' PLX MTX stock

Comment

Fantastic!
          Sandon Lettieri
          1993 Probe GT - KLZE & Stuff - 172whp / 161wtq - 146k
          2013 Focus ST - Stock & Stuff - 251whp / 290wtq - 142k

Comment

AC has nothing in the system and I need the 134 thingy to fill it so that's on the docket for tomorrow.

Tomorrow, will get all the legal BS done with tag and title. I have to go through the KL parts bin and see what I have left over from the 94. Finding a 16mm water pump has been a challenge because all the parts houses have the 32mm and naturally I found the 32mm pulley I had while rooting through the bin like 10 min ago. I should have the phenolic spacer kit still, a G4 mani, a set of cams for regrind (is Colt still doing bb's?) and some other odds and ends.
            PhotoPOC(tm)
            93' PGT not stock
            91' PLX MTX stock

Comment

Welcome back!
              1993 Probe GT
              2003 Bagged Chevy S10

Comment

Curious why you think it needs a master cylinder?
                Probe out for Harambe
                94 PGT KLZE http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/a...psr6dk8q1m.jpg
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aauXMeITcdM

Comment

It leaks and the clutch goes straight to the floor sometimes when braking or accelerating, then after the gear change it comes back.

Got some more stuff, my water pump came in, and I bought a cheap JVC headunit, and found some of my bolt-ons in storage so those might go on. Friend owns a lift and will let me work on it tomorrow so looks like my belt and pump are getting done tomorrow. Tonight, AC and the headunit are on the docket for work.
                  PhotoPOC(tm)
                  93' PGT not stock
                  91' PLX MTX stock

Comment

AC has bigger problems than I thought, compressor wont come on and fuses are good, apparently it's charged too. either the compressor is shot or it isn't getting voltage. fml for not being around this shit for 9 years I've forgotten everything. We jumped the low pressure switch that did nothing.
                    PhotoPOC(tm)
                    93' PGT not stock
                    91' PLX MTX stock

Comment

Carry on. Thought you were talking about the brake master.
                      Probe out for Harambe

Comment

Ended up being the clutch master. What a pain in the dick to replace. Any tips for getting that nut back on in the interior side of the clutch master?

AC compressor is also shot so the entire AC system will be overhauled and replaced at some point, right now the timing belt and water pump and everything that goes with it are priority. Did get some stuff done today though.
                        Last edited by j-dogg; July 6, 2017, 08:39 PM.
                        PhotoPOC(tm)
                        93' PGT not stock
                        91' PLX MTX stock

Comment

Pics now that I got my host software working again.

Night that I bought her. Story time. Bought it in St. Pete, FL about 3hr from home. Mom followed me home in her car behind me. Made it all the way home got two miles away cops saw me and flipped on their lights across the intersection to come after me, saw it and was coming into a 2-1 merge lane, opened it up in 3rd and got to the double yellow before them, mom was behind me, they can't pull me over lol.

put it on the lift today to see what it needs, my god it's worse than I thought. This may have been a salt belt car.

did get this installed myself, it's a cheap unit but it works well and I wired it in a cinch with a PnP kit. i'll put a DVD in later.

and now some CARNAGE. Best part, this isn't the factory muffler either. I can get my arm through the big hole and pop my hand out the other one. It also has a large hole at the y-collector flange. This is not a problem, I have an original set of Gen IV Hotshot headers, y-pipe with EGR blocked off, test pipe and a Greddy SP2. Just have to get it prepped for install, the headers will be the last thing that goes on because I don't know if the exhaust bolts will make it out of the engine without shearing off. I plan on a KLZE swap soon but not yet, I want to get it mechanically sorted before I start trying to go fast. I need to do something soon though, because essentially I am open headers now.

PhotoPOC(tm)
                          93' PGT not stock
                          91' PLX MTX stock

Comment

Originally posted by j-dogg View Post
                            Ended up being the clutch master. What a pain in the dick to replace. Any tips for getting that nut back on in the interior side of the clutch master?

AC compressor is also shot so the entire AC system will be overhauled and replaced at some point, right now the timing belt and water pump and everything that goes with it are priority. Did get some stuff done today though.
                            persistence, my friend. went through it about a year ago. requires that you be a bit of a contortionist with slim nimble fingers. still haven't figured out exactly how I got it done, since I'm not and I don't.
                            Driving Probes for 20 years.
                            90LX traded in for
                            93GT traded in for
                            97GT still driving, temporarily sidelined-live bumper cars

Comment

That color or close enough should be available in a spray can, if there's any spots you want to touch up. Performance white but I think they renamed it. Oreilly's or Advance had it. I'm in the salt belt myself, none of my exhaust manifold bolts gave me trouble taking them out, off my 94, my 95 and my ZE had original manifolds too. Be careful putting the middle 3 back in, (2 top 1 bottom.) I bought all new ones, in those 3 front and rear they kept turning never tightening. I'm lucky I used the old ones again for those and they held fine.
                              Probe out for Harambe

Comment

Working...
                              X