Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

will the GT center tail light fit between '94 tail lights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will the GT center tail light fit between '94 tail lights?

I've got a '94, and I'm gonna swap out the rear bumper cover for a '97. Can I just put a GT center tail in where the license plate used to go?
    -'93 mx6 LS-Mx3 fly, ported klg4 intake, HEI+Coil, CAI, test pipe, FPR, dual bend Sts, CS shift bushings, poly solid motor mt.s, pgt mtx, Fr+Rr Strut bars, Pgt 5 spokes, Integra fr lip, rx8 side defl., bmw fin antenna, halo hl, shaved bumper seams+trunk lock+rear emblem, rear flaps, g2 mirrors, 99+ 626 brakes, SSAC, Esc. mt.s, Tokico Blues, 1.5 drop
    -'94 PGT Mtx-Hei+coil, J-30 HLs, CAI, STS, Strait Pipe Exh, Esc mt.s

yes, it'll look like shit though.
    93gt 230k dd.
    1993 probe gt
    96 pgt 135k dd
    http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k1...100_3918-1.jpg

Comment

swap out to 97 tail light and itll look fine, i was going to do the swap but chose to keep my 93 tails and bumper

Comment

the 95gt center doesnt look as bad since its red. but the black outline looks really bad when matched with the 93-94 tails
        PaTricK
        ~ 92 PGT, 97 KL MTX 626, 05 Mazda6, 13 Mazda CX9, 09 Kia Sportage 4x4 v6 ~

Comment

Just a little heads up in case you don't know (I just read about it for the first time the other day).

If you're going to put a center reflector on a '93 or '94, make sure you remove the license plate lights on the hatch before you close the hatch.

From what I read if you don't when you close the hatch they will smash into the top of your nice new center reflector.
          '94 Red PGT Gone, but Project PGT has begun
          '04 Black SRT-4 Um, no it's not stock. But "It's just a Neon, right?" 379whp @ 20lbs *Sold*

Comment

ok, thanks. I'll look for a 95. The car i've got was saved from the crusher, it's in pretty rough shape. the rear bumper has gouges in it, but the tails are good. One of my friends gave me a better one, but it's a 95+.
            -'93 mx6 LS-Mx3 fly, ported klg4 intake, HEI+Coil, CAI, test pipe, FPR, dual bend Sts, CS shift bushings, poly solid motor mt.s, pgt mtx, Fr+Rr Strut bars, Pgt 5 spokes, Integra fr lip, rx8 side defl., bmw fin antenna, halo hl, shaved bumper seams+trunk lock+rear emblem, rear flaps, g2 mirrors, 99+ 626 brakes, SSAC, Esc. mt.s, Tokico Blues, 1.5 drop
            -'94 PGT Mtx-Hei+coil, J-30 HLs, CAI, STS, Strait Pipe Exh, Esc mt.s

Comment

it will be worth it. the newer rear looks so much better then the 93-94.
              PaTricK

Comment

yay! glad i read this thread, trying to put 96 tails on my 93. i just cant find a 95-97 rear bumper cover! ugh!
                1997 Mazda Mx-6 2.5

Comment

Car-part.com

Comment

im pretty sure i have a 95gt center. and another full set of 95gt tails with the matching center. Pm me if your interested
                    PaTricK

Comment

I tried cartpart.com, where else?

Comment

I got my 95 PGT rear bumper assembly from Pick 'n Pull. Just waiting for the weather to get consistently better, then it's getting cleaned up, painted, and installed on my 94.
                        1994 PGT MTX-CAI/STS/Hotshot headers/Vibrant catalytic/Pacesetter-Magnaflow catback/Outlaw spacers/RR inserts/Mazda6 brake upgrade/Yonaka coilovers/AWR trailing arms/AWR rear sway bar/PRD rear STB/95-97 rear end conversion.

2006 Velocity Red Mica Mazdaspeed 6

Comment

I have a '95 center reflector for sale as well.
                          John Kessler - 'The Original Mayonnaise'
                          '95 Probe GT- Blurple-ish, SSR Integral A2s, D2 Coilovers, Renault Laguna Lip SOLD
                          '96 Probe GT-Bolt-Ons, MS1 v3.0, Custom Suspension, The original Tri-Flow Turbo Cams, etc..Sold, and missed

New? From Missouri/S. Illinois/Kansas area? Let me know!
                          '95 M3/2/5-S366 2J Swap in progress

Comment

yes and yes

To sum up this thread. Yes the center GT reflector from the 95-97 pgt fits where the license plate goes on the 94 pgt. How ever yes, you do need to get the 95-97 bumper cover. Also as stated above, you most definitely will need to remove the tag lights from under the hatch lid because there is a clearance issue. Dont cut the harness for the tag lights because you can run them back up through the hatch and then down and into the new bumper, the plugs will be the same. The 94 tail lights will still work with the gt reflector, but its personal preference on what you like better. I personally would go with the whole set up. ie: 95-97 gt bumper and tail light & reflector. Hope that helped.... i did the conversion my self and i love it.
                            Last edited by Ni9htR1der; March 28, 2011, 05:44 PM.
                            94 PGT Impromptu project
                            08 Acura TL type S Grocery Getter
                            68 Type 3 Square True Project

Comment

Working...
                            X