No announcement yet.

Restoration of the French blue Probe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes I bought the whole American lids and headlight assembly. They are longer than the Europe lids.
    I will try to bend them but I fear the paint will crack. Anyway the bent radius will not be perfect and I think it will be better if I can find another set in perfect condition and paint them again.

Comment

Were you trying to swap to the American ones or not? Maybe a swap thread will help you find what you need. At least maybe tell you all the parts that are different.
      Probe out for Harambe
      94 PGT KLZE http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/a...psr6dk8q1m.jpg
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aauXMeITcdM

Comment

noice, some good info here about the door seals I have to do them on my 95 base
        PhotoPOC(tm)
        MM9 MMX FF FF2 FF3 FF4 FF5
        93' PGT not stock
        91' PLX MTX stock

95' Jaguar XJR 155mph La-z-boy recliner

Comment

Originally posted by j-dogg View Post
          noice, some good info here about the door seals I have to do them on my 95 base
          Need to take the post about this and make it a sticky. So many of us need to replace the door seals. Me included
          93 PGT CAI, Egay headers, high flow cat. 2.5 mandrel bent with Borla, Yonaka coilovers,19mm rear bar,CM 12lb fly and stage 2 clutch

She tends to argue with me daily...yep it's a Probe

Comment

Some updates on the front bumper cover.
            I replaced all the fitting hardware with new OEM part. The metal brackets were sand blasted and painted.

I carefully cleaned the plastic reinforcement:

New captive nut:

New bumper emblem and fitting hardware:

New plastic grommet for the bumper to front fender:

Metal bracket bolted on the bumper cover:

Plastic bracket in place:

This is the spacial plastic trim for the USA headlight:

This is how the emblem is fitted from factory. No double sided tape but just pins and metal clips:

Bumper cover in place with new nut:

Now I need you help guys. Could someone provide me a picture of the bolts or screw that goes on the red arrow below?

Comment

Originally posted by sbeube02 View Post
              Now I need you help guys. Could someone provide me a picture of the bolts or screw that goes on the red arrow below?
              I believe those are all three expanding type plastic push pins.
              Success is a measure of determination!
              Bonneville Dreamer-(AKA Purple Pimp Mobile)
              $500 Gas-Electric-Gas Reconversion/Restoration
              Mini-me & 500k "Old Gal" RIP
              Restoration of a legend

Comment

Thanks a lot!
                I think you are right for the left and right one.
                Just found this picture on the internet, there is plastic push clip:

But for the center one, I have a threaded part so I think it must be a screw.

Also I am looking for a picture of part 17C756D on this schematic:

I don't have the part and I don't remember what it was. Thanks!
                Last edited by sbeube02; March 31, 2017, 07:12 AM.

Comment

Very impressed with your work. Trying to do something similar with mine but it's more of a restomod. Will be starting a thread about mine at some point.
                  93 PGT CAI, Egay headers, high flow cat. 2.5 mandrel bent with Borla, Yonaka coilovers,19mm rear bar,CM 12lb fly and stage 2 clutch

She tends to argue with me daily...yep it's a Probe

Comment

Hello guys!
                    Some update on the restoration.
                    I sandblasted more parts for the front long range lights and some brackets for the rear bumper cover.

Also painted black the doors and trunk lock:

Brand new plastic seal for the door locks:

These parts are for the rear bumper cover:

Now I am waiting for brand new emblems and new OEM screws.

Comment

All my Photobucket pictures are not allowed. This is boring and I don't want to re-upload all them.
                      So I will use imgur, hope it will last longer.
                      Lets start with some hardware that come back from the zinc plater:
                      Before:

After:

I can now almost refit the rear bumper and cover.
                      Rear bumper reinforcement with new screw:

Plastic brackets with new screw:

Yellow zinc plated hardware the the bumper shock absorber:

Bolt and gaskets for the bumper:

And now the polystyrene things with new 3M double sided white tape:

I still have to refit the license plate light bracket and I am waiting for some nut and bolt for the bumper cover.
                      Last edited by sbeube02; August 6, 2017, 12:00 PM.

Comment

This thing will be brand new by the time you're done!
                        Beautiful Beast- 1997 PGT in process of becoming an SC/NA Beast...
                        Elo- 1990 BMW 325i weekend car
                        Brunhilde- 2003 BMW Z4 3.0 6-speed daily driver
                        The Beast- Sleeping in the junkyard...

Comment

Originally posted by proboner View Post
                          This thing will be brand new by the time you're done!
                          That is the goal. This car had so much previous owners (at least 5), was wrecked a little in the front, in the rear, on the side...
                          Poor Probe, I do my best to get it back to its former glory.

I polished the front turn signal and fastened them on the front bumper:

I fixed the broken pin on the Probe 24v emblems and reinstalled with the correct hardware:

Fastened the rear bumper cover with brand new screw, nut and clips:

Cleaned, fed and installed the door seals:

Cleaned and reinstalled the front and rear plastic inner wheel arch:

Enjoy!

I will need your help soon with a pic request to figure out something weird in the trunk compartment
                          Last edited by sbeube02; September 22, 2017, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Whats the part number for those large black bumper clips on the bottom right of your pic? I need to replace mine and couldnt find any similar online. You are doing some amazing work to this car, keep it up!
                            Supercharged - 94' PGT: ZE, MS2, W/M Injection, weight reduced, manual steering because weekend race car! mods and pics thread
                            Turbocharged - 06' WRX: 3" exh, ECUTEK ROM, MRT intercooler, VF34 pic
                            Nitrous Oxide - 79' Yamaha QT50 'Yamahopper' 70cc, MLM pipe, VM18 carb, dual stage reeds etc. pic

Comment

Mazda part number BF82-50-233
                              On the European bumper you have 3 plastic clips like this, on the USA depending on the year you will have more.

Comment

where are all the photos?

Comment

Working...
                                X