No announcement yet.

After 9 years, back in a PGT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From what I can see of the undercarriage near the muffler -it doesn't look terribly bad. I have had cars and seen some with far worse.
    Success is a measure of determination!
    Bonneville Dreamer-(AKA Purple Pimp Mobile)
    $500 Gas-Electric-Gas Reconversion/Restoration
    Mini-me & 500k "Old Gal" RIP
    Restoration of a legend

Comment

Up on jacks

The red tint is from the large umbrella I was using to shield me from the Florida sun

Done.

Used Leska's guide, replaced the belt, water pump and the tensioner, this car had the original tensioner from 1992 date stamped on the back.

Also uh.....how do I get all this grease off? Lol this is why I loved the black one I had, some of her parts live on in this one, the strut tower braces will later today.

So now that the engine is wrapped up, for now, the AC is the next project for this car. I believe the compressor is shot, and the lines are definitely leaking there's bubbles in the rubber insulation. Once I get that sorted out I will turn my attention to the muffler, or lack of one. I might hold off on the header install until the KLZE swap because the leak is after the Y-pipe anyway.

One thing I have definitely learned, this was a very neglected car, and the mechanic they took it to should be ****ing shot. The lugnuts were torqued to 300ft.lb., my Freightliner is rated for 400 on the drive axles. The water pump bolts were overtorqued too, and I suspect this car has ebay parts on it. This car suffers from the same problem my black one did, the previous owners. But I seek to do something about that.
      Last edited by j-dogg; July 9, 2017, 06:51 AM.
      PhotoPOC(tm)
      MM9 MMX FF FF2 FF3 FF4 FF5
      93' PGT not stock
      91' PLX MTX stock

95' Jaguar XJR 155mph La-z-boy recliner

Comment

Your rear wheel is on backwards.
        1994 Project PGT

M62 In Progress...

Comment

Simple green and a terry cloth
          1992 Mazda MX-3 GS - KLG4 Turbo

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Brizzy View Post
            Your rear wheel is on backwards.
            Holy shit, PT can't be dead! Someone caught my backwards wheels within a week of buying the car lol
            PhotoPOC(tm)
            93' PGT not stock
            91' PLX MTX stock

Comment

Someone has to keep up with the wheel police.
              1994 Project PGT

M62 In Progress...

Comment

J-dogg I remember when I last changed my clutch master cylinder. It was a procedure that included sicking a small magnet inside the socket, putting the socket on a 1/4" drive swivel, placing the swivel on the end of a medium extension bar, and spinning it on by hand through some hidden little gap that you only find when you are upside down on your head.. in the floor pan.

I may have pulled the lower steering column shroud away or something.. its been a few years ago. I forgot how I got it in place so easily, but it was literally one minute to get that nut fastened.

it helps to have some kind of tiny, bright, magnetic LED lamp in there too!
                DRIVE IT LIKE YOU BUILT IT!!
                94 Probe GT..no engine!

96 Probe GT now with full-forged KLZE ..8psi untuned and buck wildCarDomain page

Comment

cleaned up a little bit, will be coming home in a couple days to work on it again, doing door speakers and both belts this time around.

questions on BBK's, I was eyeing the Wilwood MS6 kit says it fits with a 17" wheel theoretically it should fit on PGT with a 17" wheel?
                  PhotoPOC(tm)
                  93' PGT not stock
                  91' PLX MTX stock

Comment

Looks like it is coming around well! Nice Photog! Wish I still had an eye for it! I lost that along with my back and knees I guess!
                    Success is a measure of determination!
                    Bonneville Dreamer-(AKA Purple Pimp Mobile)
                    $500 Gas-Electric-Gas Reconversion/Restoration
                    Mini-me & 500k "Old Gal" RIP
                    Restoration of a legend

Comment

yea it's getting there. Somewhere I have a PT sticker a member made on here and I had two of them made, one for my base, and one for a PGT I was about to buy that got sold before I could get to it and I'm trying to find that 2nd sticker, or the guy who made them.

Should be home tonight, will get started on it again tomorrow.
                      PhotoPOC(tm)
                      93' PGT not stock
                      91' PLX MTX stock

Comment

Some progress, did the speaker install on the fronts, Alpine 6.5", this car isn't a virgin as once thought. The door panels are coming apart pretty bad and the fabric is stretching pretty bad on both doors. The plastic is all broken from the door but I might be able to super glue all that back together it's a pretty clean break. Previous owners drilled screw holes on the driver side door to bolt the panel back into the door. If I can't fix it, i'll replace both door panels.

While doing the speaker install I found this: in the last 11 years this car had 20K miles put on it, and the car shows the tell-tale signs of a car that sat for a long time. One other oddity I have noticed is the day after the timing belt install the exhaust pitch changed drastically, it went from a G35 nasally sound to a Ferrari 550 Maranello sound, which is similar to a turbo Probe or an NA one with Pacesetter longtubes, now it has slowly gone back to the nasally G35 sound.

Leaving tomorrow in the AM, won't be much getting done until September when I come back home again, but I'll be looking for parts.
                        PhotoPOC(tm)
                        93' PGT not stock
                        91' PLX MTX stock

Comment

9/17/17 update, parts have been found!!!

I'll be home for a week, and on the docket for a 72 hour mega-fix it meet is the following

-AC compressor, lines and seals, a complete AC overhaul, thanks TRWeiss for the ZE compressor, +5hp!!! Lol
                          -Front and rear STB's, also from Travis
                          -OEM fog replacement from Travis
                          -Scott's KL trans saver kit and his bronze bushing kit
                          -Some stickers
                          -#6 pool ball shift knob
                          -Rear Apline speaker install and possibly subs and an amp I believe the car may be wired for it I'll know when I pull the rear panels for the STB install
                          -Tires and alignment, I may paint a set of 5-stars white that I have and get the new tires put on that. I always thought white on white would complete the 90's look

What might possibly be on the docket if I get a hair up my ass will be

-G4 manifold install
                          -VGC's, they leak pretty bad
                          -possibly Hotshot header install and Greddy SP2 install
                          PhotoPOC(tm)
                          93' PGT not stock
                          91' PLX MTX stock

Comment

j-dogg, I'm moving to Florida next month and have a 97GT to get rid of. I'm heading to Naples area and will be passing through there. How'd you fair with Irma? My wife rode it out in a shelter in Naples.
                            REVOLUTION IS A BEAST THAT LIVES WITHIN OUR SOULS, A BEAST THAT IS THE ESSENCE OF HUMAN LOVE, BORN FROM THE MOLDS OF TRUTH, REASON, AND JUSTICE. DEHUMANIZED INSTITUTIONS HOLD THE POWER TO DECEIVE THE BEAST, PLACEING IT IN A WORLD WHERE IT'S SENSES DO NOT FUNCTION. IT IS DELIBERATELY BLINDED AND DEAFENED BY A VEIL OF IGNORANCE. UNTIL IT FALLS INTO A DEEP SLUMBER. THIS IS AN ERA RULED BY CORRUPTION, DECEPTION, AND INJUSTINCE. IF THE BEAST IS NOT AWAKEND, THE DESTRUCTION OF HUMANITY IS INEVITABLE.

Comment

Looks just Shawns gt back in the day
                              Need a chip or parts for your 1st gen GT go here----->Fordprobeparts.com

Floridafordprobeowners.club

Comment

Originally posted by Tech73 View Post
                                j-dogg, I'm moving to Florida next month and have a 97GT to get rid of. I'm heading to Naples area and will be passing through there. How'd you fair with Irma? My wife rode it out in a shelter in Naples.
                                I drove through it in Georgia in a big rig when it was a tropical storm lol
                                PhotoPOC(tm)
                                93' PGT not stock
                                91' PLX MTX stock

Comment

Working...
                                X