A couple questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple questions

Being new to the forum, I have a couple questions...

1:Who owns/runs the site? Who are the admins/mods?

2:Why do I need to have xx number of posts to view specific things, such as 10 for images in signatures, 15 for the for sale forum, etc? I am interested in seeing the for sale threads when they come up on the home page, the ones in "member sales" require 25 posts. Part of the reason I'm even making this thread is to increase my post count.
    1996 GT Laser Red

Simply a matter of weeding out the robot spammers so prevalent on the net these days.

Nothing to take personally.

Welcome to PT!

Comment

Originally posted by Silverprobe View Post
      Simply a matter of weeding out the robot spammers so prevalent on the net these days.

Nothing to take personally.

Welcome to PT!
      That makes sense, but 25 seems excessive to me. I want to be able to have full access, but don't want to make a bunch of random posts to get there.
      Thanks.
      1996 GT Laser Red

Comment

rules is rules, bro.

post a photo of your car and that might generate enough posts.
        1997 Honda Del Sol S

Comment

Originally posted by LaserRed View Post
          That makes sense, but 25 seems excessive to me. I want to be able to have full access, but don't want to make a bunch of random posts to get there.
          Thanks.
          no, i do not think it is excessive. the number was chosen so that the new person can look through the forums, post on the things they find interesting to them. before too long, you would have the requisite posts.

it was done to prevent the "hit and run" sellers, as well as the aforementioned spam bots.

we are not the only message board that utilizes this type of posting structure. we were not even the first, but we have found that it works, so it has remained in place.

to answer your first question in your original post, there are four admins. two of them are the owners of the site. one would be myself and the other would be my wife.

to view who the moderators for a particular forum are, simply return to the main forum page and look in the column entitled "Moderators".

welcome to ProbeTalk.
          ProbeTalk is BACK! Once again, it's what you use the Internet for!

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

Originally posted by jason_raaf View Post
            rules is rules, bro.

post a photo of your car and that might generate enough posts.
            I already made a post about my car.
            --> https://forums.probetalk.com/showthr...p?t=1701319058
            1996 GT Laser Red

Comment

Originally posted by dmark101 View Post
              no, i do not think it is excessive. the number was chosen so that the new person can look through the forums, post on the things they find interesting to them. before too long, you would have the requisite posts.

it was done to prevent the "hit and run" sellers, as well as the aforementioned spam bots.

we are not the only message board that utilizes this type of posting structure. we were not even the first, but we have found that it works, so it has remained in place.

to answer your first question in your original post, there are four admins. two of them are the owners of the site. one would be myself and the other would be my wife.

to view who the moderators for a particular forum are, simply return to the main forum page and look in the column entitled "Moderators".

welcome to ProbeTalk.
              Alright, fair enough. Thanks!

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

Also, I forgot to ask... What is the best way to post pictures? I tried to use imgur and then 'insert image' but that didn't work so I've just been posting links.
              1996 GT Laser Red

Comment

Originally posted by LaserRed View Post
                Also, I forgot to ask... What is the best way to post pictures? I tried to use imgur and then 'insert image' but that didn't work so I've just been posting links.
                you can post pictures either by hyperlink or as an attachment. if you use a hyperlink and you want it to show up in the actual post/thread, the forum has to allow the use of [IMG] tags. more info can be found in the FAQ.
                ProbeTalk is BACK! Once again, it's what you use the Internet for!

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

I have a 92 probe and it is my first one. I have had to work on the body and put it back together after being wrecked.
                  My question is My electric ones went out.

Comment

^ wut ? O.o
                    1994 Project PGT

M62 In Progress...

Comment

^^ Sounds bad, you should probably put them back in... you'll need J.B. Weld a hammer and a torch... not necessarily in that order.
                      Probe out for Harambe
                      94 PGT KLZE http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/a...psr6dk8q1m.jpg
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aauXMeITcdM

Comment

I see you're in MN, we have a facebook group you can check out to get in touch with some locals, search MNPOC. Granted not many of us have probes any longer, but still good to new. Welcome to the forums.
                        Minnesota Probe Owners Club - http://mnpoc.org
                        1993 PGT sold
                        1993 PGT died

Comment

Originally posted by jamie'sprobe View Post
                          I have a 92 probe and it is my first one. I have had to work on the body and put it back together after being wrecked.
                          My question is My electric ones went out.
                          New generation of spambot?
                          Success is a measure of determination!
                          Bonneville Dreamer-(AKA Purple Pimp Mobile)
                          $500 Gas-Electric-Gas Reconversion/Restoration
                          Mini-me & 500k "Old Gal" RIP
                          Restoration of a legend

Comment

Working...
                          X