TPS sensor...check/adjustment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TPS sensor...check/adjustment

Im just wondering if anyone had done this to their 2.0L... i need to know what the proper voltages im supposed to get when closed and when at WOT.... i feel the numbers in the haynes/chilton manuals are too wide.. unless the TPS if really out of wack would give me numbers that are much higher... any idead or help would be appreciated..
    i have noticed that i do get a dead spot when driving sometimes and when i depress the pedal further it slowly but sure increas the revs.. i think the dead spot is around 2500 or so... cruising speed..
    Eugene 1994 Probe SE ATX Coral Mist
    BCPOC
    Custom 2-1/4", Pioneer, Sony, NGK, MSD, 95GT Swirlies, Federal SS 535, Hayden 404

2002 Mazda Protege ES GT
    MPSport.net / BCMazda.com

Idle should be from .5 to 1.0
    WOT should be from 4.5 to 5.0

If you make any changes, be sure to reset the PCM, and adjust the idle.

Comment

hmm.. wouldn't you adjust the idle first since whenever you adjust the idle you basically move the throttle plate position during idle? and then once you have the new position for the throttle plate you set TPS to accept that as the .5-1 volt value range

Comment

i havent had a chance to adjust this yet.. but my idle is just fine right now as it is.. someting like 700-750 rpms... so when i adjust the TPS... all i have to do is use a Voltmeter and check out what the voltages are at idle and WOT... then i go and reset the PCM by taking off the negative battery right?.. will i still need to adjust the idle after... i thought the PCM controls the idle already. so when the car relearns everything it should be fine... right???
        Eugene 1994 Probe SE ATX Coral Mist
        BCPOC
        Custom 2-1/4", Pioneer, Sony, NGK, MSD, 95GT Swirlies, Federal SS 535, Hayden 404

2002 Mazda Protege ES GT
        MPSport.net / BCMazda.com

Comment

Working...
        X