1985 Concepts Ford vs Mazda!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TRWeiss1 View Post
    ROFL @ the Mazda "space ship" steering wheel. They DID realize they were building a car, right?
    This lol. They definately didn't think airbags would be in EVERYTHING 1o years later.

I think that mx looks like a cross between a 80's prelude, s-13 silvia, and a fiero-like interior.
    1994 Project PGT

M62 In Progress...

Comment

So who here signed "the" petition to try and rid the probe in the 1st gen era?
      1993 Mercury tRacer :Vitara & mFactory: In progress 2020
      1994 Mercury TrAcer Wagon : '02 SPI swap : sold
      2014 Factory Five 818s: sold
      2000 Lotus esprit v8TT : 1st v8 on MS3x, ls1 coils,h20 injection
      1997 Nissan 200sx 1.6L : 35-39mpg the daily

Comment

^^^Could you please elaborate?
        Currently: 1994 MX6 RS - KLZE. Too many mods.

1989 PGT - BLACK - Near perfect paint, body completely straight. 155,967 mi. Sitting in a garage since 2000. Bought for $600. Engine rebuild in progress. Coming soon to a kill story thread near you!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 94mx6lsze View Post
          I'm pretty sure the name 'Probe' is what killed the Probe, Steve. A name is very important. Nobody wants to drive a 'Probe', lol.
          But the people that do, know that nobody likes to lose to a Probe, also!

Originally posted by mac1 View Post
          So who here signed "the" petition to try and rid the probe in the 1st gen era?
          I did!

But it wasn't to get rid of the Probe... It was to stop it from replacing the Mustang with a FWD 4 banger.
          Last edited by SBPGT; May 31, 2012, 03:18 AM.
          Currently buying all my parts for my future part-out thread...https://forums.probetalk.com/core/im.../icon_look.gif
          STEVE B
          1993 Probe GT
          2016 Mustang

Comment

^^^Touché, my friend.

So, there was actually a petition to rid the world of our beloved Ford Probe? What was this based on? I thought the notion that it was going to replace the Mustang was just something that us Probe fanatics chose to believe.
            Currently: 1994 MX6 RS - KLZE. Too many mods.

1989 PGT - BLACK - Near perfect paint, body completely straight. 155,967 mi. Sitting in a garage since 2000. Bought for $600. Engine rebuild in progress. Coming soon to a kill story thread near you!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sbpgt View Post
              but the people that do, know that nobody likes to lose to a probe, also!

I did!

But it wasn't to get rid of the probe... It was to stop it from replacing the mustang with a fwd 4 banger.
              ban!......
              1993 Mercury tRacer :Vitara & mFactory: In progress 2020
              1994 Mercury TrAcer Wagon : '02 SPI swap : sold
              2014 Factory Five 818s: sold
              2000 Lotus esprit v8TT : 1st v8 on MS3x, ls1 coils,h20 injection
              1997 Nissan 200sx 1.6L : 35-39mpg the daily

Comment

Originally posted by SBPGT View Post
                I did!

But it wasn't to get rid of the Probe... It was to stop it from replacing the Mustang with a FWD 4 banger.
                how dare they... you know. replace it with a FWD 4 banger that was just as fast, and got an extra 10MPG over the waste of a V8. lol
                PaTricK
                ~ 92 PGT, 97 KL MTX 626, 05 Mazda6, 13 Mazda CX9, 09 Kia Sportage 4x4 v6 ~

Comment

http://www.carstyling.ru/resources/c...nterior_01.jpg

I just noticed the HUD...

Three years before the first production vehicle with HUD in 1988.
                  Currently buying all my parts for my future part-out thread...https://forums.probetalk.com/core/im.../icon_look.gif
                  STEVE B
                  1993 Probe GT
                  2016 Mustang

Comment

Mazda concept looks NSX-ish.
                    My 93GT, Wendy - the oldest second gen Probe in the U.S. still on the road.

Forever in search of Enkei Shoguns.

Comment

probe concept for sure...i like the mazda interior but the probe concept outer was just so outta this world...the mazda exterior just looks like a car

Comment

Do not like the probe at all.

Comment

Mazda looks remind me of that odd looking Subaru SVX that seems to only exist in the junkyard. Probe looks horrid

Both remind that the 80's was a strange time....

Comment

At least the MX-6 looks like it inherit some of the exterior traits of this car like the wing.
                            My Ride: 1996 Mazda MX-6 M Edition
                            Mazda MX-6/Ford Probe: The Thinking Man's Coupe.

Comment

Weird ^ this post shows up under new posts as having been posted on september 13 at 3:30 ish.

IIrc the Mazda concept was rwd with a rotory powerplant, and the look is definitely ferrari F-40.

Comment

I love the mazda

Comment

Working...
                                X