Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok i figured i would toss out my take on this. there are underdrive pulleys on the market for our cars. problems sometimes occur from installing one on unbalanced motors due to the loss of the harmonic balancer. now due to this you have a 50/50 crowd.

since a lot of us are not rebuilding our motors and having then balanced but instead just doing bolt ons for the wore out motors we already have. in our case the loss of the harmonic balancer could be a bad thing.

the solution. make a light weight under drive pulley with a harmonic balancer. it could be made to be lighter and gain performance due to it being an under drive pulley. yet it wouldnt cause any problems on older unbalanced motors.

this would imo be a better product and you would see less complaints form those who bought it. the downside is it would defiantly raise the cost. but i personally would rather pay a bit more for a more forgiving product.

heres a couple examples from a company that makes lightweight underdrive pulleys w/ harmonic balancers. (no they dont make them for our car.)

please dont take this as a knock on any product or products you currently have or will have in the future. this is just what i would be truly interested in and nothing more. if you decide to go this route i would be in for one maybe two.
    1993 Probe GT
    2003 Bagged Chevy S10

Comment

^^ agreed, we can get lightweight pulleys, but half the people wont bother because of the risk outweight the gain.
      2012 Ford Focus Hatch
      Eibach Pro-Kit. AEM CAI, Magnaflow Exhaust. Steeda Rear Sway Bar. RS Spoiler. RS Hood. 18" MSW Wheels
      16.28 @ 86.56

Comment

Originally posted by LowClassCC View Post
        ok i figured i would toss out my take on this. there are underdrive pulleys on the market for our cars. problems sometimes occur from installing one on unbalanced motors due to the loss of the harmonic balancer. now due to this you have a 50/50 crowd.

since a lot of us are not rebuilding our motors and having then balanced but instead just doing bolt ons for the wore out motors we already have. in our case the loss of the harmonic balancer could be a bad thing.

the solution. make a light weight under drive pulley with a harmonic balancer. it could be made to be lighter and gain performance due to it being an under drive pulley. yet it wouldnt cause any problems on older unbalanced motors.

this would imo be a better product and you would see less complaints form those who bought it. the downside is it would defiantly raise the cost. but i personally would rather pay a bit more for a more forgiving product.

heres a couple examples from a company that makes lightweight underdrive pulleys w/ harmonic balancers. (no they dont make them for our car.)

please dont take this as a knock on any product or products you currently have or will have in the future. this is just what i would be truly interested in and nothing more. if you decide to go this route i would be in for one maybe two.
        I hear what you're saying. We would have to see what the addtional cost would be once we start production

Comment

If you could make one with a balancer I'd definatly consider buying one!
          2004 SRT-4 - 15lbs of too much fun! Saving up for a stage 3 setup! .50 trim turbos are indeed fun!

Looking for another PGT when I rebuild my SRT4! Anyone wanna sell me theirs?

Comment

In for one either way, as I'm sure I'll be buying another daily PGT in the near future (balancer) and building a motor for my other PGT, (no need for a balancer).

Holler for nice stuffs.

Comment

Whats the word on the pulleys?

2.25" stainless exhaust, Headers, CAI, AWR mounts, B&M Short Throw, Jacobs Pro-street, Front/Rear Strut brace, clear corners, Colt 210/210, Interprep valve springs, Aasco flywheel, CM IIR clutch, ZE IM, phenos

Comment

Originally posted by t_masters View Post
                Whats the word on the pulleys?
                I need to get my hands on a stock pulley. anyone have one to donate for the cause?

Comment

PM TravisWilliams, - Im pretty sure he has a couple to donate - or at least he posted earlier.

2.25" stainless exhaust, Headers, CAI, AWR mounts, B&M Short Throw, Jacobs Pro-street, Front/Rear Strut brace, clear corners, Colt 210/210, Interprep valve springs, Aasco flywheel, CM IIR clutch, ZE IM, phenos

Comment

if he doesn't have one, which i kno he probably does, pm me with the address and other info and i will ship you mine.
                    93 mx6 everything from the probe and more.
                    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps77ec3fc9.jpg
                    95pgt-t 14sec @ 111mph crushed
                    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...916_001048.jpg
                    95se stock R.I.P. 10/16/08

Comment

im in for one

Comment

im in if it will have the balancer in it
                        2012 Ford Focus Hatch
                        Eibach Pro-Kit. AEM CAI, Magnaflow Exhaust. Steeda Rear Sway Bar. RS Spoiler. RS Hood. 18" MSW Wheels
                        16.28 @ 86.56

Comment

Balancer, and no seperation? How could you possibly lose?

Comment

I'd be down for one.
                            93 PGT - Installed: CAI, VIS CF Invader hood, OBX headers, Res. T.P., Borla Catback, Civic STS, Brembo X-drilled/slotted disks w/PBR ceramic, '01 626 rear sway bar, MX3 Flywheel, Enkei TBS11s w/Kumho Ecsta SPT's, F & R strut ties, 96+ Tails.
                            MMX Winner: Best in Class Show Room

Comment

Originally posted by Flyer View Post
                              Balancer, and no seperation? How could you possibly lose?
                              If it was setup like said above I would be down. Oh that depends on price.
                              97 red PGT-ZE

Comment

okay.

Let me get the production with the 2.2L pulley first, then we will look into this

Comment

Working...
                                X