94 gt maf swapped map sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DougieFBabY View Post
    when i switch back to vaf and she fires right up, its amking me think problem is the ecu or in the adpater harness, if it was in the car side of the harness, problem would always be there
    this problem only occurs wit maf swap
    Adapter harness is also wiring which you kept stating is good because you checked and doublechecked it.........

Comment

I never checked adapter harness because she ran fine for months. This started happening out of the blue!! Now to make matters worse I can't even time the car from disty. Wit Maf installed and I put car in diag mode to try and set timing. Idle jumps from 700 to a 1000 then back down to 700 then back up. Car is def in diag mode cause I can do tps fan trick. In diag mode timing just does what it wants. I don't get it !!!! Lol

---------- Post added at 07:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 AM ----------

If I set timing wit stock ecu car rides perfect but then when I swap back timing has changed and car bucks and I can feel timing like catch and go then buck and like catch itself

---------- Post added at 07:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 AM ----------

Pile of road yes I got adapter harness from you but I got ecu from my boy Cody and it turns out he got the ecu from you lol

Comment

Pile of road can u pm me address please I would like to send back so you can look at it please sir. It's got me so heated. Car ran amazing besides the start up issue. And Maf is def. quicker then stock setup.

---------- Post added at 07:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 AM ----------

I also checked timing on the belt and she is dead on. I have been over the whole motor wit starting fluid, no leaks , and i checked at all different rpm ranges,disty and crank sensor are brand new out of the box, no vac leaks, there is only one vac line from manifold to fuel regulator, line is good

---------- Post added at 07:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 AM ----------

This is driving crazy car rode awesome then I took motor out and did converted rack to Manual, put motor back in and boom now these problems lol

Comment

Originally posted by DougieFBabY View Post
          This is driving crazy car rode awesome then I took motor out and did converted rack to Manual, put motor back in and boom now these problems lol
          I doubt the harness is the problem, if it worked until you pulled the motor and put it back in. Sounds like something is either not connected or a broken wire. Possibly a grounding issue.

Would be interesting to see if the Maf swap and adapter an all work on another probe, or do the same thing. That would be the easiest way for me to test it. Then if that works, you aren't wasting Pile or your time sending it back and having him look it over.

Jus my 2cents.
          I've Been Probed.

Comment

Another problem is that I do not know anyone wit a 94 probe or a 93. Everyone I know has a 96 or 97

Comment

i has a 95

Comment

you live far away my dude lol, but at this point i might have to make a trip up there on the weekend and fiddle wit the car, so someone else can see this crap and reassure me that its,
                "not just me"

Comment

Yea man. Only an hour and a half give or take

Comment

That swap was awesome when I had it.. one day ill get another.. just gotta get this damn car started first. .
                    97 gt rio red gt...full kl31 ZE swap...2.5" mandrel bent exhaust...SSAC headers...sts...CAI...pheno spacers. ..SS clutch and brake lines...aeromotive fpr...AEM wideband...mx3 flywheel...ACT 6 puck clutch...tokico illuminas...eibach ground control coilovers........

Comment

Sorry for bumping an old thread but did you ever figure out what your issue was?
                      -Red 1993 16v Probe in Aruba, unable to be saved but shall rust in peace.
                      -Silver 1993 24v Probe in The Netherlands, big project to make it perfect.

Comment

I've hardwired a 94 and obd2 loom swapped my 96 map sensor does Jack shit
                        94 PGT
                        [96 PGT FuLL OBD2 WiRe HaRNeSS] ]KL31 SHoRT BLoCK & CaMS] [KL1C MaF SWap] [CuRVe NeCK MaNiFoLD] [KL68 TB] [Hei & MSD BLaSTeR 2] [Cai] [SS HeaDeRS] [STS] [R&R PoLY F&R MouNT & SHiFTeR iNSeRTS] [STaGe 2 CLuTCH] [FiDaNZa FLYWHeeL] [eGR DeLeTe] [FuLL a/C DeLeTe] [CoiLoVeRS] [RX8 WHeeLS oN 225/45/18]

Comment

Originally posted by xrp861 View Post
                          I've hardwired a 94 and obd2 loom swapped my 96 map sensor does Jack shit
                          What do you mean does jack shit, you mess on the wring, bad ecu or maf?
                          1994 MX-6 LS ATX/MTX Swap
                          What have I done to it? Stuff...
                          What will be done to it next? More Stuff...
                          Build Thread - http://www.mx6.com/forums/gallery/24...ld-thread.html

Comment

Is the IAC valve connector hooked up?
                            Probe out for Harambe
                            94 PGT KLZE http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/a...psr6dk8q1m.jpg
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aauXMeITcdM

Comment

Just like I said mapbsensor does Jack shit....I have a 93 I wired to obd2 and no map sensor runs fine...and my car details in sig. Never have I or will I wire one in.
                              94 PGT
                              [96 PGT FuLL OBD2 WiRe HaRNeSS] ]KL31 SHoRT BLoCK & CaMS] [KL1C MaF SWap] [CuRVe NeCK MaNiFoLD] [KL68 TB] [Hei & MSD BLaSTeR 2] [Cai] [SS HeaDeRS] [STS] [R&R PoLY F&R MouNT & SHiFTeR iNSeRTS] [STaGe 2 CLuTCH] [FiDaNZa FLYWHeeL] [eGR DeLeTe] [FuLL a/C DeLeTe] [CoiLoVeRS] [RX8 WHeeLS oN 225/45/18]

Comment

Working...
                              X