No announcement yet.

Lateral Link Measurement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do the Protege trailing arms fit as well ?, Can anyone definetly confirm that the Protage Lateral rear arms fit? I can get a really good deal on the full set from Europe just need to know it will all fit.
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3361300 "How do we know if Steven Hawking is really that clever, how do we know he just isnt looking on Wikipedia when we ask him a question"

Comment

Protege Trailing arms do fit 99-2003, the lateral Links I can not say 100% but I will know by end of may when I get my car back.

I own 2 protege5's so I haev the Measurement from the protege links but not the probes. I am 95% sure they are going to fit with zero issues (other then swaybar bracket)

I will update the thread when I actually Install these

Thanks
      Keith
      Sensei blue PGT Turbo'd http://members.cardomain.com/kes16

Comment

I am using the setup off the Jensen Probe, with heim joints on both the tubular lateral bars and rear control arms that I have..the ride is harsh, but it doesn't bother me. However, I have to have mounts made for the AWR sway bar I have sitting in the garage..

I love being able to simply get under the car with a wrench and adjust the camber/toe in the rear in about 5 minutes, lol. Perhaps I can look at these parts for an idea on how to mount my sway bar...hmm...

---------- Post added at 12:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 PM ----------

Originally posted by slinkyPgT View Post
        ill find you a pic of the ones i seen
        http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...Lkit5Mar04.jpg
        awr arms! no bushing there
        This is exactly what mine look like.
        John Kessler - 'The Original Mayonnaise'
        '95 Probe GT- Blurple-ish, SSR Integral A2s, D2 Coilovers, Renault Laguna Lip SOLD
        '96 Probe GT-Bolt-Ons, MS1 v3.0, Custom Suspension, The original Tri-Flow Turbo Cams, etc..Sold, and missed

New? From Missouri/S. Illinois/Kansas area? Let me know!
        '95 M3/2/5-S366 2J Swap in progress

Comment

before i picked up the protege 21mm awr swaybar, i was thinking of using this clamp with the 19mm awr probe swaybar: http://s97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...E46M3FR_fs.jpg

but, now i have ksports which have the tabs for mounting the protege 21mm awr swaybar. one of these days i will have time to go install everything and post pictures , stupid work and school.

rj
          1996 mazda mx6 m edition

Comment

Yeah...that is the thing..my suspension is changing to coilovers, so I have thought about just not messing with it. Are you using the Probe/Mx6 coilovers?
            '95 Probe GT- Blurple-ish, SSR Integral A2s, D2 Coilovers, Renault Laguna Lip SOLD
            '96 Probe GT-Bolt-Ons, MS1 v3.0, Custom Suspension, The original Tri-Flow Turbo Cams, etc..Sold, and missed

Comment

yea, i have mx-6 ksports
              1996 mazda mx6 m edition

Comment

And the rear sway bar is for a what year protege? And you said the sway bar will mount right up to the coilovers, no problem, correct?

Comment

Originally posted by JKpgt96 View Post
                  And the rear sway bar is for a what year protege? And you said the sway bar will mount right up to the coilovers, no problem, correct?
                  i have not test fit this setup, repeat, i have not test fit this setup.

i do believe it will all work. i bought the 21mm awr swaybar w/endlinks used and i think it is for the last generation protege.

my mx6 ksports do have mounting tabs for the swaybar.

i bought my awr lateral links used, but think they're for the last generation protege as well.

rj
                  1996 mazda mx6 m edition

Comment

I've read through this thread & it seems to have gone dead.
                    Can anyone update the status of the info that was being asked here? Whether we can use Protege lateral links instead.
                    I am in the market for replacing my lateral link bushings so I can get my alignment done, as my rear end is ever slighty out that it's not ruining my tires & don't want to buy the new arms from Mazda @ $82ea.
                    Also, if so & I went with the protege trailing arms, what difference would I see in the ride & cornering? Better or worse? I have the AWR 19mm rear sway bar & stock 225 tires.
                    93 PGT Electric Blue https://www.supermotors.net/24151 Sold
                    KL-Z(zed)E, Stoker100 Chipped, OBX headers, JJ TP, 67mm bored TB, CAI, CM#2, MX-3 FW, Ultimate STS, Homemade Grounding Kit, AWR Sway Bar, Rear Protege Calipers, Magnaflow 12245 (best muffler ever!)
                    2006 Subaru Legacy Wagon

Comment

no updates from me. still no time to work on this for fitment check. the only item i have confirmed is the 21mm protege swaybar may require some welding (the small tabs on the swaybar's inner side of the mounts) to match the mount locations bracing on the probe/mx6.

rj
                      1996 mazda mx6 m edition

Comment

Originally posted by EloM View Post
                        I've read through this thread & it seems to have gone dead.
                        Can anyone update the status of the info that was being asked here? Whether we can use Protege lateral links instead.
                        I am in the market for replacing my lateral link bushings so I can get my alignment done, as my rear end is ever slighty out that it's not ruining my tires & don't want to buy the new arms from Mazda @ $82ea.
                        Also, if so & I went with the protege trailing arms, what difference would I see in the ride & cornering? Better or worse? I have the AWR 19mm rear sway bar & stock 225 tires.
                        Why not use the Probe/mx6 trailing arms?

Comment

my setup has the probe/mx6 trailing arms.
                          1996 mazda mx6 m edition

Comment

There's nothing wrong with my trailing arms, just saw that it sounds like the protege ones are an upgrade?
                            But really, I need the lateral link bushings. Anyone have an idea if there's something else we can use or for the Aussie's that have access to Nolathane, anyone know a part #?
                            93 PGT Electric Blue https://www.supermotors.net/24151 Sold
                            KL-Z(zed)E, Stoker100 Chipped, OBX headers, JJ TP, 67mm bored TB, CAI, CM#2, MX-3 FW, Ultimate STS, Homemade Grounding Kit, AWR Sway Bar, Rear Protege Calipers, Magnaflow 12245 (best muffler ever!)
                            2006 Subaru Legacy Wagon

Comment

Sorry to keep flailin a dead horse,but I'm trying to finalize all this in my head. It looks like some type of "arms" are being used in pairs to replace the rear control arms,yes? Would these "arms" be "lower arm bars" as sold on corksport.com for the 99-'03 protege? They sell'em at $145 usd each. I def want this adjustability for my PSE,as it's out now after being lowered,& no one knows how/or will do what the car needs to git-r-right. It'd be great to take a socket wrench & a tape measure/bubble level to it & DIM!

'94 PROBE SE Middle-aged croozr

Comment

so I have been researching this "Nolathane" stuff and I can only find bushings for the trailing arms. Thats not what I need though. What I require is the bushings for the four "lateral links". I cannot seem to find replacement bushings or arms. My arms themselves are not bent, so I could re-use them. But the bushings are rotten, so I need those badly. Can anyone point me to the right spot to buy them?
                                Also, i looked all over AWR's site and could not find them there either.. help!
                                DRIVE IT LIKE YOU BUILT IT!!
                                94 Probe GT..no engine!

96 Probe GT now with full-forged KLZE ..8psi untuned and buck wildCarDomain page

Comment

Working...
                                X