This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sluggish till bout 4500rpm?

ok 1st is ok 2nd is not so bad and 3rd well ya get it. its sluggish till bout 4500rpm then it almost feels like (cant believe im sayin this)v-tec kicks in (cept ill run through hondas all day) injectors? compression? is that how it feels with dohc? i just got it so i dont know (used to 93 gt) oh yea and by the way my clutch is alil wore could it be that?

93 gt 113,000 miles 5- speed eibach, flowmaster, intake
    i hate hondas

What kind of intake do you have?

Comment

VRIS. Variable Resonance Intake System. Search & research it (get it? research? heh. wow, that really isnt funny at all is it? :smile: )

that kick you're feeling is probably at 4250 rpms, and your VRIS system is probably not working properly.
      1993 Ford Probe GT - KLDE + N2O
      228 whp 241 wtq - 2340 lb race weight
      ATX - 13.44@105.1 MTX - 13.35@106.1

Comment

On Tuesday September 25, 2001 6:44 AM, HowLeTT wrote:
        VRIS. Variable Resonance Intake System. Search & research it (get it? research? heh. wow, that really isnt funny at all is it? :smile: )

that kick you're feeling is probably at 4250 rpms, and your VRIS system is probably not working properly.

thanx man ne ideas where to search and research ha had to say it but for real ne ideas?

i hate hondas

Comment

try searching in the 2.5L maint forum and the 2.5L perf forum for things like 'VRIS' or be more specific if you're looking for specific info. here's a couple links to get you started, since i hate hondas too :razz:

http://64.60.145.228/forums/viewtopi...38970&forum=11 http://64.60.145.228/forums/viewtopi...36436&forum=11 http://64.60.145.228/forums/viewtopi...32065&forum=11

Comment

I ran a search on google to see what was out there (I've never searched it before).

http://www.netspace.net.au/~nephilim/Jerry/vris.htm

http://home.epix.net/~wfmartin/vris.htm

http://pub49.ezboard.com/ffordprobef...picID=84.topic

I got lazy and only went 4 pages in. Should be enough to give you a good idea though. Well, save that last one...
            The world is full of thieves. Honor, like chivalry, is dead.

Neither sheep nor shepherd.

Comment

so its prolly the vris ok ok now if it dont work can i get a new one or is that hella expensive?
              i hate hondas

Comment

read those sites and do some searching. the answer to your question is worthless unless you understand what VRIS is and how it works first. I hate to make you do work and all, but we cant spit out part #'s and answers to EVERY thread instantly at 3 am EST. Just most!

Comment

On Tuesday September 25, 2001 7:55 AM, HowLeTT wrote:
                  read those sites and do some searching. the answer to your question is worthless unless you understand what VRIS is and how it works first. I hate to make you do work and all, but we cant spit out part #'s and answers to EVERY thread instantly at 3 am EST. Just most!
                  yea bro i did that and i just did the paper test at 3am and its not workin right im gunna chek my hoses tomm. ill keep ya posted but by chance if i have to get a new one neideas onprice? i doubt i will alil duct tape and prayin can fix nething HA (im so not used to this tech shit i had a 5.0 hahah all it was,,, was cylinders and a cam and a trans hahaha thanx alot though i appreciate it....

i hate hondas

Comment

5.0's rock :smile: There's alot of former and current stang lovers on this board by the way. If your VRIS is malfunctioning, tying the nonfunctioning flap(s) open temporarily is better than letting them always be closed. if something's bad its usually a vacuum hose problem. It could be a bad selenoid, if that's the case dont go to ford for one because they'll look at you like you just spoke greek when you tell them what you're looking for. Check at a mazda dealer Have you had your intake manifold off, or have any previous owners that you know of?

Comment

On Tuesday September 25, 2001 8:18 AM, HowLeTT wrote:
                      5.0's rock :smile: There's alot of former and current stang lovers on this board by the way. If your VRIS is malfunctioning, tying the nonfunctioning flap(s) open temporarily is better than letting them always be closed. if something's bad its usually a vacuum hose problem. It could be a bad selenoid, if that's the case dont go to ford for one because they'll look at you like you just spoke greek when you tell them what you're looking for. Check at a mazda dealer Have you had your intake manifold off, or have any previous owners that you know of?

hell yea bro luv stangs just wrecked my gt with a vortech s-trim was runnin 12.6 had to stick with ford.... im not sure bout the manifold i havnt takin it off should i ?

i hate hondas

Comment

no, leave that sucker on there! The reason I asked is because alot of times the vacuum lines will get crossed or put in the wrong place on the back of the intake manifold, causing problems with the VRIS and EGR systems. There's no upper & lower intake on these cars, just a big old hunkin pain in the ass manifold full of flaps and carbon!

Comment

my car does the same thing man i know what you are going through and it sucks i get beet by every car i race in first gear but when it hits 4500 RPM and when i hit second i come back i need help also
                          1993 GT laser red
                          k&n cone filter
                          more to come soon i hope

Comment

i have the same problem... im picking up the vris#1 code. and i feel that "vtec-like" boost around at 3300 rpms. is that how it should work? y would i be picking up the code?
                            93 Ford Probe Gt 202k miles. C.A.I. 2 12" Sony X-plodes w/ 600w Lightning Audio Amp. 14 Zipties holding front bumper.

93 Ford Mustang LX 2.3L Turbo 117k miles.

Comment

cause the first VRIS isnt workin....lol

it will give the vtec feelin when its not working and the car will suck balls until its fixed. like people said earlier in the post...look for loose vac lines FIRST! then go and see if the solenoid is bad. personally i would just go get a set from the junkyard and swap em out. and put NEW vac line son them. chances are your vac lines are old as the car so they'll need to be changed once you remove the vac lines from the solenoids.

Comment

Working...
                              X