No announcement yet.

After 9 years, back in a PGT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad your back in the probe seen seems like pt is dieing because of Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Probe97GTS View Post
      Glad your back in the probe seen seems like pt is dieing because of Facebook
      PT isn't going anywhere there's too much knowledge on this messageboard about this car and I can bet you all those guys on Facebook who know their stuff used to post here back in the day or looked here first before they posted to Facebook
      PhotoPOC(tm)
      MM9 MMX FF FF2 FF3 FF4 FF5
      93' PGT not stock
      91' PLX MTX stock

95' Jaguar XJR 155mph La-z-boy recliner

Comment

Originally posted by j-dogg View Post
        PT isn't going anywhere there's too much knowledge on this messageboard about this car and I can bet you all those guys on Facebook who know their stuff used to post here back in the day or looked here first before they posted to Facebook

most of the guys on FB come here for info to make themselves look smart lol then pop back on FB to share what they found on here like it came out of there head

PT is in a coma but it is not dying until someone decides to pull the plug

Comment

Originally posted by P1P View Post
          most of the guys on FB come here for info to make themselves look smart lol then pop back on FB to share what they found on here like it came out of there head
          I dont see that on FB, i mostly see people asking basic questions that could easily be answered by searching PT. I guess we were all noobs once?
          Supercharged - 94' PGT: ZE, MS2, W/M Injection, weight reduced, manual steering because weekend race car! mods and pics thread
          Turbocharged - 06' WRX: 3" exh, ECUTEK ROM, MRT intercooler, VF34 pic
          Nitrous Oxide - 79' Yamaha QT50 'Yamahopper' 70cc, MLM pipe, VM18 carb, dual stage reeds etc. pic

Comment

Originally posted by P1P View Post

PT is in a coma but it is not dying until someone decides to pull the plug
            I will not allow Damon to pull the plug if I have to I will host it myself I have the capital and the means to do it, but I don't think it will get to that point I have a feeling someone will carry the torch if need be.

FB is great for buying and selling quickly because, well, everyone is there, but the knowledge is here, I have been combing the archives for stuff pertaining to the installations I've been doing this week.
            PhotoPOC(tm)
            93' PGT not stock
            91' PLX MTX stock

Comment

the toughest part about the archived write-ups is that the pictures never work.
              But even I have to go back to re-read old Megasquirt threads as I am megasquirting my first obd-II Probe this week
              1996 Boysenberry Probe GT MTXtreme
              2014 Fusion SE MTXtreme
              2005 Mountaineer Premier

Comment

Originally posted by j-dogg View Post
                I will not allow Damon to pull the plug if I have to I will host it myself I have the capital and the means to do it, but I don't think it will get to that point I have a feeling someone will carry the torch if need be.

FB is great for buying and selling quickly because, well, everyone is there, but the knowledge is here, I have been combing the archives for stuff pertaining to the installations I've been doing this week.
                wait. wat?
                ProbeTalk is BACK! Once again, it's what you use the Internet for!

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

tl;dr: don't can PT but if you do and can't find anyone to host it, I got you

so apparently what started out as a simple speaker replacement has snowballed into a full blown speaker rewire amp and sub install as the factory harness was hacked up by the previous owner and the OEM amp isn't driving the right rear for some reason.

I swore to the Flying Spaghetti Monster I would do this one right and wouldn't half ass anything so that's what it will be. Getting new tires and alignment on it right now, TRWeiss's stuff should be here in a couple days. Tonight I will probably start on the audio wiring and find an amp and sub combo tomorrow.

PT Racing stickers are on and the butt dyno registers a +20whp gain
                  Last edited by j-dogg; September 25, 2017, 02:43 PM.
                  PhotoPOC(tm)
                  93' PGT not stock
                  91' PLX MTX stock

Comment

Alpine speakers are working, wiring the amp and sub in right now. Used the Metra 5514 kit to bypass the amp.

Big package should be here tomorrow so hoping to get the audio install done today so I can turn wrenches tomorrow and get the real modding and fixing done
                    PhotoPOC(tm)
                    93' PGT not stock
                    91' PLX MTX stock

Comment

10/4/17 update

Vacation is over, work has been finished.

Bought TRWeiss' ZE ac compressor, didn't fix the problem. Swapped AC lines, toned out electrical lines, measured impedance, checked fuses under the hood, checked relays, checked switches, nothing. As a final hail mary, pulled the fuse panel under the dash, to check the 20a windshield wiper fuse which is tied into the AC circuit and for disconnected wires, well apparently there's a 15a fuse next to it called "AIR COND" and it was blown so we sat 4 days and did all this work over a blown 3 cent fuse. I didn't think there was a fuse for that under the dash but there is. Oops. In any event I have super-cold AC. Lol

Sub and amp is in, Sony Xplod 12" and a 60 dollar Alpine pawn shop special, it worked and sounds awesome with the Alpine speakers. I wired up everything myself.

New tires are on, alignment is done. I have a spare set of 5-stars I will powdercoat white and get mounted next time I'm down.

Factory fogs work now. Strut tower braces are in, who has a STB for the front that wont make me shave off my hood prop? I have a rare PGT with a working hood prop AND an intact dipstick (+10whp!!!) would like to get that in on the front.

Got a coolant flush in, managed to get a pinhole leak in the oil cooler while out on the road 2hr from home, limped into an Autozone and spliced it for now, lost all my coolant splicing that but whatever. Apparently I have some nasty blowby the PGT got its first kill vs. 05 Civic with a vinyl wrap and some sort of exhaust at least well when I checked my oil afterward there was literally nothing on the dipstick and two days before it was under the "F" aqnd I spent some time above 90mph on the highway for a couple hours so something is going on. It may be related to the VGCs on that car that should have been done years ago but im saving that for my KLG4 manifold and headers install.

Should have some pics up tomorrow Im on my Linux netbook and I can't access my FTP with it.........yet.
                      PhotoPOC(tm)
                      93' PGT not stock
                      91' PLX MTX stock

Comment

I wish i had factory fogs!
                        1996 Boysenberry Probe GT MTXtreme
                        2014 Fusion SE MTXtreme
                        2005 Mountaineer Premier

Comment

Originally posted by spada View Post
                          I wish i had factory fogs!

Travis has a bunch, inbox him or find him on FB, that's where I got mine
                          PhotoPOC(tm)
                          93' PGT not stock
                          91' PLX MTX stock

Comment

Forgot to update since last vacation but I did get some stuff done

STBs......who made one that cleared the stock IM? Apparently my Bomz doesn't, but it worked on my 94? Did I **** up somewhere?

I did manage to get those bronze bushings installed, very nice

Apparently my cat is about to fall off the Y-collector so a complete full exhaust and headers install may be happening at Christmas.
                            PhotoPOC(tm)
                            93' PGT not stock
                            91' PLX MTX stock

Comment

nice work
                              93 mazda mx6 turbo 650whp

Comment

Working...
                              X