No announcement yet.

What did you do to your Probe today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• started mine up for the first time in at least 3 months. washed her off, cleaned up the area she's parked in, then put back in her space.

and now i have to figure out why the tach won't register idle speed, but will react when accelerating.
    ProbeTalk is BACK! Once again, it's what you use the Internet for!

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

• Originally posted by dmark101 View Post
      started mine up for the first time in at least 3 months. washed her off, cleaned up the area she's parked in, then put back in her space.

and now i have to figure out why the tach won't register idle speed, but will react when accelerating.
      Because the car doesn't like sitting idle?
      Success is a measure of determination!
      Bonneville Dreamer-(AKA Purple Pimp Mobile)
      $500 Gas-Electric-Gas Reconversion/Restoration
      Mini-me & 500k "Old Gal" RIP
      Restoration of a legend

Comment

• Originally posted by klze porsche View Post
        Because the car doesn't like sitting idle?
        rimshot!

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

• Originally posted by M0rphine117 View Post
          Main fuel pump relay is now an issue. Clicks randomly and the car dies out. For some reason no Ford dealership around here had one lying around!

Ordered one from eBay, should be here Thursday...
          Yeah the NF02 seems to be pretty hard to get a hold off. I'v been having an no spark issue and after replacing the dissy the car still would not start. Then turned out the dissy wasn't getting its 12v main Ignition power.

Took apart the FS11A main relay, put it back. Car starts and runs. Seems like that was the issue so now I need to go on the hunt for a new FS11A main relay.

They are just relays, why are they so hard to find

Comment

• installed Tokico Illuminas with QA1 "coilover" springs. Changed front VCG again, this time with a genuine Motorcraft.
            1996 Boysenberry Probe GT MTXtreme
            2014 Fusion SE MTXtreme
            2005 Mountaineer Premier

Comment

• Picked up another set of newish condition silicone valve gaskets myself at the local JY. Valve covers were already removed and just laying there -so I just had to peel the gaskets out of the VCs. The JY stole $3 from me for them.

Then I looked at the car and thought about installing them -then said to myself "na -more work than I feel like doing at the moment".
              Success is a measure of determination!
              Bonneville Dreamer-(AKA Purple Pimp Mobile)
              $500 Gas-Electric-Gas Reconversion/Restoration
              Mini-me & 500k "Old Gal" RIP
              Restoration of a legend

Comment

• wasn't my probe i worked on this weekend, but stacey's. had to replace the brake hard line from the rear passenger wheel cylinder to the braided line. i'm not sure how it failed, but it did. fortunately, i was able to figure out a solution and it looks like it's holding for now.

thought it was the cylinder itself, so we had replaced both. as a result of that replacement, the drum bearing on the driver's side needs replacement, as the inner race split while putting the drum back on.

ugh.

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

• Did a loop around the city for fun. On the way home, I'm sitting at a light and some chick half hanging out of the passenger window of a CR-V as they were going across the intersection, took the time to inform me that my car was old. It was like a 2 generations back CR-V.
                  Probe out for Harambe
                  94 PGT KLZE http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/a...psr6dk8q1m.jpg
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aauXMeITcdM

Comment

• Originally posted by Bit_reaper View Post
                    Yeah the NF02 seems to be pretty hard to get a hold off. I'v been having an no spark issue and after replacing the dissy the car still would not start. Then turned out the dissy wasn't getting its 12v main Ignition power.

Took apart the FS11A main relay, put it back. Car starts and runs. Seems like that was the issue so now I need to go on the hunt for a new FS11A main relay.

They are just relays, why are they so hard to find
                    Turns out I'm new...

I put the new relay in, same issue...
                    I installed a new fuel filter and it got worse...

Turns out the MAF sensor (or whatever they're called on the Probe) was half unplugged

Clicked it back and it and ran smooth. I felt like such an idiot...

Oh well, one less thing to replace later on.
                    1989 Ford Probe LX
                    2016 Hyundai Tucson

Comment

• Got my airbag module apart. Going to replace the thermal fuse to hopefully get rid of the 51 code it started flashing.
                      1993 PGT 342K Miles - Sold
                      1996 PSE 330K Miles
                      http://forums.probetalk.com/showthread.php?t=1701317615
                      Proud Owner of a Senior Probe Here on PT!!!

Comment

• Stock exhaust removed, Borla 2.5: exhaust from Trubendz installed. Install was quick and easy. I cant believe this has been sitting in the garage for the past 8 months waiting to get done.
                        1993 Probe GT
                        2003 Bagged Chevy S10

Comment

• Car show later today...hopefully the rains stays away!
                          1989 Ford Probe LX
                          2016 Hyundai Tucson

Comment

• 4WS conversion

Hi all,

I'm hereby announcing to the world (Well...) that I have successfully converted my 95 Probe GT (V6) to Four Wheel Steering
                            It wasn't what I would call a quick fix, but no welding was required...

I did have a donor car though.

Works really well, really improves handling, and the reduced steering wheel input is really nice. Parking now is a breeze!

Cheers for now,
                            Probe GT 4WS!!! with KLZE heads & manifold, Megasquirt, OE spacers, ebay headers & RX8 steering wheel

Comment

• From the mx6 4ws? Pics or it didnt happen!
                              Supercharged - 94' PGT: ZE, MS2, W/M Injection, weight reduced, manual steering because weekend race car! mods and pics thread
                              Turbocharged - 06' WRX: 3" exh, ECUTEK ROM, MRT intercooler, VF34 pic
                              Nitrous Oxide - 79' Yamaha QT50 'Yamahopper' 70cc, MLM pipe, VM18 carb, dual stage reeds etc. pic

Comment

• Worked on buffing it out a few days ago and doing some touch up's. Then roadwork on my road has coated it with enough dust it is starting to look like it is covered in shag carpet. New plug wires arrived yesterday in the mail and my front lip is on the Ups truck for todays deliveries.
                                1993 Probe GT
                                2003 Bagged Chevy S10

Comment

Working...
                                X