Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody in SC want a set of FD rims with tires??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShadowSE View Post
    Yeah. Somewhere in this thread several hundred pages ago, is the story of summer's first gen turbo. It was fun as long as you were ok with first gear. Cuz that's all it had. The ricer blow off valve was an added touch though.
    Oh man, I barely remember that thing except that the body was in pretty good shape and it seemed so ~full of promise~ because it technically did run, lol.

I used to waste so much money on cars, yikes. Except for Crusty, of course. Every dime invested in that beast was a dime well spent.

Maybe not the gas mileage though. I remember calculating the MPG once when I was using Crusty as a daily driver (and the brakes barely worked so I also had to use the e-brake to stop it, haha). I was getting like 9 mpg because the cat was so clogged up... I was at the gas station damn near every day.
    ~SumR
    I don't own a car anymore and it's weird.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snorb93GT View Post
      Oh man, I barely remember that thing except that the body was in pretty good shape and it seemed so ~full of promise~ because it technically did run, lol.

I used to waste so much money on cars, yikes. Except for Crusty, of course. Every dime invested in that beast was a dime well spent.

Maybe not the gas mileage though. I remember calculating the MPG once when I was using Crusty as a daily driver (and the brakes barely worked so I also had to use the e-brake to stop it, haha). I was getting like 9 mpg because the cat was so clogged up... I was at the gas station damn near every day.
      I only remember the 240 with the tiny rotors. I kinda want one as a project car once I get a garage but I don't want one that's been molested and covered with drift stickers. Probably better off finding a RX7 at that point

2016 Subaru WRX Premium

04 Subaru Impreza WRX WRB sold to smurphsprobe

97 Probe 2.0L GONE

Comment

• Ahhh the 240, that was fun til I blew it up after a cam swap. Oops. I've had too many "project" cars...

Still feels weird that I haven't operated a vehicle in over a year now.
        ~SumR

Comment

Ahhh the 240, that was fun til I blew it up after a cam swap. Oops. I've had too many "project" cars...

That would be weird. I can understand not owning one but not even operating one? It feels weird getting back in a car after not driving for a few days I can't imagine a year.

2016 Subaru WRX Premium

97 Probe 2.0L GONE

Comment

• Originally posted by livingsacrifice View Post
            I only remember the 240 with the tiny rotors. I kinda want one as a project car once I get a garage but I don't want one that's been molested and covered with drift stickers. Probably better off finding a RX7 at that point
            Damn that car is what mad me start to hate Nissan

Originally posted by Snorb93GT View Post
            Ahhh the 240, that was fun til I blew it up after a cam swap. Oops. I've had too many "project" cars...

I do not see how you could derive fun from that

Originally posted by livingsacrifice View Post
            That would be weird. I can understand not owning one but not even operating one? It feels weird getting back in a car after not driving for a few days I can't imagine a year.
            Fancy pants SumR and her chauferred European life
            Lots of cars... none of which are a Probe...

Comment

Yeah. David had the purple probe. Ashley (gf at the time) had a green one.
              i think he lived in an apartment complex across from me when i lived in Mauldin years ago. sharp guy.

'96 Cobra: SCT/Bama tuned, King Cobra clutch, STS, rear cats removed, Flowmasters, 2" drop, c/c plates, Global West subframe connectors, pulleys, 3:73 gears, Crystal White/saddle leather
              '05 Ram 1500 Quad Cab SLT: 5.7L Hemi, Airaid CAI, Magnaflow, 20" rims, Powerslot, Bilstein, all power, sunroof, Alpine iDA-X001, Bright White/gray leather

Comment

Fancy pants SumR and her chauferred European life
                Walking everywhere is actually quite good for you, sir.
                ~SumR

Comment

Walking everywhere is actually quite good for you, sir.
                  Everytime I visit a large city like DC I end up walking a ton to get on the subway. Makes me wish we had something like that around here as it makes you less fat and lazy. Plus you can play around on your phone the whole time, listen to music, and not have to deal with stupid drivers during the week. Then on the weekend you can drive your car around, autocross or whatever you're into.

Also, did anyone see that the new Civic Si is going to be turbocharged?
                  Last edited by livingsacrifice; April 7, 2017, 07:25 AM.

2016 Subaru WRX Premium

97 Probe 2.0L GONE

Comment

• my Cobra was long overdue for an oil change, so i ordered a case of Amsoil and thought i'd knock it out after work. some fool, however, put so much torque on the dang drain plug that i had to loosen it with a 2ft breaker bar and apparently one of Harambe's angry relatives tightened the oil filter. i'm glad Advance was open at 8:57 tonight so i could get a filter wrench.

'96 Cobra: SCT/Bama tuned, King Cobra clutch, STS, rear cats removed, Flowmasters, 2" drop, c/c plates, Global West subframe connectors, pulleys, 3:73 gears, Crystal White/saddle leather
                    '05 Ram 1500 Quad Cab SLT: 5.7L Hemi, Airaid CAI, Magnaflow, 20" rims, Powerslot, Bilstein, all power, sunroof, Alpine iDA-X001, Bright White/gray leather

Comment

• Originally posted by eric_93pgt View Post
                      my Cobra was long overdue for an oil change, so i ordered a case of Amsoil and thought i'd knock it out after work. some fool, however, put so much torque on the dang drain plug that i had to loosen it with a 2ft breaker bar and apparently one of Harambe's angry relatives tightened the oil filter. i'm glad Advance was open at 8:57 tonight so i could get a filter wrench.
                      That's why you don't let others work on the car. Or install one of those oil change valves... good idea anyways.

2016 Subaru WRX Premium

97 Probe 2.0L GONE

Comment

• Originally posted by livingsacrifice View Post
                        That's why you don't let others work on the car. Or install one of those oil change valves... good idea anyways.
                        i just saw one for $23.95. not too bad. i'll probably install one the next time i change the oil.

years ago i told my gf at the time to take her saturn to a goodyear where her brother used to work. it was right down the street, $14.95 for a change and filter and i didn't have to get dirty. i figured they couldn't screw that up. well she came back with a leak one time and i said take it back. they said she had an oil pan leak. i wiped the filter where the leak was coming from and saw oil dripping down the side. it was on tight enough, just a crappy filter. i bought a good one and the leak stopped.

that wasn't the first time they misdiagnosed something obvious on that car or tried to rip me off (quoted $500+ to replace a wheel bearing on my truck). i only used them for wheel rotations after that. i paid for an alignment and got free rotations for the life of the tires and figured i'd get every cent out of it.

Comment

• Sounds familiar. Always hard to find legit shops who don't just try and make up stuff to get your business and money.

I'm about to pay for a corrective paint detail and sealant service on Wednesday on my car, along with tint. I figure since it sits outside most of the day I want to protect and keep my car from looking like all the clearcoat paint failure that's happening right now with my 2004.

Expensive, but I've seen the work they do and it's showroom good.

2016 Subaru WRX Premium

97 Probe 2.0L GONE

Comment

• What are they using?
                            Lots of cars... none of which are a Probe...

Comment

What are they using?
                              Optimum products. I've used them before but this is one of those permanent sealants that works for like 2-3 years. They have even longer running ones but $$$$

I walked into their office today and saw a corvette they were detailing and it looked way better than factory, so clean. Looking forward to seeing my car after its done tomorrow, even if it's supposed to be raining all week....

2016 Subaru WRX Premium

97 Probe 2.0L GONE

Comment

• Got the detail back yesterday with the 27% tint and sealant, it took them all day to buff. Car looks much cleaner and theirs much less scratching. The bumper still looks like swiss cheese with all the rock chips but I might try filling those with a dr color chip kit.

http://i.imgur.com/sFhtWtc.jpg
                                http://i.imgur.com/90ZOiY4.jpg
                                http://i.imgur.com/4qMvfaV.jpg

2016 Subaru WRX Premium

97 Probe 2.0L GONE

Comment

Working...
                                X