erratic rpm after starting engine several times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MightyMike View Post
    Thanks for explaining, maybe Ill look up some guys that could give me a hand with this when I decide to go the HEI way..
    Not sure what was so funny.

Maybe I just don't understand the Netherlands sense of humor? I encountered a guy from the Netherlands on another message board once, and HE sure didn't seem to have one anyway...

Comment

Originally posted by Silverprobe View Post
      Not sure what was so funny.

Maybe I just don't understand the Netherlands sense of humor? I encountered a guy from the Netherlands on another message board once, and HE sure didn't seem to have one anyway...
      My guess: If you say "go the HEI way" in Dutch, it sounds like "go the highway". So it's a Dutch/English pun.

Comment

Originally posted by NickR View Post
        My guess: If you say "go the HEI way" in Dutch, it sounds like "go the highway". So it's a Dutch/English pun.
        Sounds good. We'll go with that. Similar to the pronunciation of Eindhoven.

Comment

calm your tits, Francis.

Comment

Originally posted by bob k. mando View Post
            calm your tits, Francis.
            F.O. mando.

Comment

apologies for the misunderstanding, it is ment how Nick says, HEI is pronounced Hi here. For some reason I thought it was the same in English. ok bad pun..
              Anyway, I got a new disty yesterday and after installing, it started right up. Been driving a bit around town and it seems the problems are fixed. (phew..) Only thing i'm having is a bit low idle when I need to stop for traffic lights etc. But i'm really glad that Probe can drive again. Thanks all for the help!
              Kick down and smile!
              Ford Probe 1994 2,5L v6 KLZE J-Spec (kl36ecu je50 VAF) Black, Cold air induction kit, Oil catch can protege 5,

Comment

Originally posted by MightyMike View Post
                apologies for the misunderstanding, it is ment how Nick says, HEI is pronounced Hi here. For some reason I thought it was the same in English. ok bad pun..
                Anyway, I got a new disty yesterday and after installing, it started right up. Been driving a bit around town and it seems the problems are fixed. (phew..) Only thing i'm having is a bit low idle when I need to stop for traffic lights etc. But i'm really glad that Probe can drive again. Thanks all for the help!
                No need for YOU to apologize MightyMike.

Even though NickR had already cleared up the misunderstanding with his translation input, bob k. STILL added his two-cents in an attempt to try to add some unnecessary drama.

That said, please continue to update this thread with what you find regarding your low idle at stop lights because I too have a current similar issue. In park, I can set the idle to the proper ~650 rpm, but then when driving and sitting at a stop light with foot on the brake pedal my idle speed will drop below that setting.

While the first thought would be a faulty idle air control valve, I can't help but think a vacuum leak associated with the application of the braking system may be in play somehow.

Did you have the low idle issue BEFORE the stalling issue started? If not, I'm wondering whether it may be a matter for both of us to simply make sure we have our distys adjusted properly to provide the proper Before TDC timing?
                Last edited by Silverprobe; April 23, 2018, 09:54 AM.

Comment

drama queen complains about drama.

guy who fails to get a joke fails to get a second joke ... because Netherlanders don't have a sense of humor.

situation normal, afu.

indeed. you were the one insulting all of the Dutch.

when everybody knows it's the Germans who don't have a sense of humor.

protip:
                  it's a recurring British ( ie - Anglo-Saxon, ie - Teutonic ) joke that Germans ( Teutonics ) don't do comedy.

Comment

Originally posted by bob k. mando View Post
                    drama queen complains about drama.

guy who fails to get a joke fails to get a second joke ... because Netherlanders don't have a sense of humor.

situation normal, afu.

indeed. you were the one insulting all of the Dutch.

when everybody knows it's the Germans who don't have a sense of humor.

protip:
                    it's a recurring British ( ie - Anglo-Saxon, ie - Teutonic ) joke that Germans ( Teutonics ) don't do comedy.
                    Aren't you late for one of your reach-arounds?

There you go, just trying to keep YOUR "joke" going.
                    Last edited by Silverprobe; April 25, 2018, 08:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X