Egr delete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Egr delete

i know wats a egr is and does....(as im a auto tech by trade)

i just wanna know who has done the egr delete on a stock de engine....all ze's are excluded from this thread sorry

i have already made my block off plate...

of the people that have done the delete?

do any of you have spark knock? from the extra carbon in the #5 cylinder and the added cylinder temp

and is there any ecu chip i could do to get rid of the egr codes? im not sure that the probinator chpip is right for me as i dont have a ze
    Last edited by slinkyPgT; June 13, 2009, 07:34 PM.
    2003Subaru WRX E85stock td04,tgv deletes, full catless, custom 2in crosspipe, 3in TBE, walbro 255,850 modded injectors,grimmspeed crank pulleyTUNED by me on opensource 12.8 @105mph 1.7 60ft

ive had my EGR blocked off for like 12k miles now with no known issues, my car is a 93 so my CEL is on and it really doesnt bother me, my car is also boosted. As far as getting rid of the light, i think alot of guys on here leave everything plugged in and all the vacuum lines hooked up but then they block it off where it goes to the exhaust manifold.
    2002 Chevy Camaro Z28, t-56, poly mounts, SLP I/E, HKER LT's, motive 4.10's, mac rear girdle, 100shot..... 340hp 352ft.lbs on motor, 12.65@118mph
    1997 Ranger 4.0 V6, 5spd, 4" lift 33x12.50's
    2007 Suzuki DRZ400SUMO, all blacked out---WHEELIE MACHINE!

Comment

^ thats a good reply..
      thanks

im blocking my egr off at the head I.E the egr completely removed...including ,boost/position senors and egr purge valve..are gonna be gone...freeing up vacuum and a little engine space
      2003Subaru WRX E85stock td04,tgv deletes, full catless, custom 2in crosspipe, 3in TBE, walbro 255,850 modded injectors,grimmspeed crank pulleyTUNED by me on opensource 12.8 @105mph 1.7 60ft

Comment

yea i just did this the other day actually. my egr tube had a hole in it and it wasnt running correctly resulting in crappy idle. way too annoying for me to replace just the tube and didnt want to pay for it so i deleted it and plugged the vacuum line. still not sure what to do with the coolant lines i just plugged those too. but either way car runs great no problems that i have experienced. is it recommended to put a small coolant tube bridging the two that connected to the egr?
        94 pgt 2.7L, ford I beams, Mahle pistons, mx3 flywheel, clutchmaster 2r, pace setters, custom 2.5" manderal exhaust, EGR delete, A/C delete, K&N filter, Alpine system

Comment

umm.....why do you have coolant running through your EGR?????
          i think you have the IAC confused with the EGR somehow??
          2002 Chevy Camaro Z28, t-56, poly mounts, SLP I/E, HKER LT's, motive 4.10's, mac rear girdle, 100shot..... 340hp 352ft.lbs on motor, 12.65@118mph
          1997 Ranger 4.0 V6, 5spd, 4" lift 33x12.50's
          2007 Suzuki DRZ400SUMO, all blacked out---WHEELIE MACHINE!

Comment

yea no coolant lines running to the egr man...reconnect them to the iac..that will give u a shitty hot/cold start

Comment

i pulled out all my EGR garbage including the valve, then took the biggest bolt i could find thatd fit in the EGR hole on the head, JBwelded all over it and screwed it in. free EGR delete.

no side effects at all, slightly lower gas mileage but not a big deal, and i can get to the back of the engine real easy now without that mess back there. and my intake manifold is clean inside
              -Roman
              93 teal mist PGT.....RIP march 21, 2008
              95 white PGT....blown up, sold
              94 325i...boring dd
              02 R6....toy

Comment

The solenoids keep the cel off though. Personally, I like knowing when something new triggers the cel, which is why I kept the solenoids properly routed for vacuum/electrical.

That would also keep the cel off without actually having the egr since there are no eproms currently available that only shut off the egr code 16.
                2015 Audi Q3 - Stock |
                2017 Audi TTS - 034, Magnaflow |

Comment

Originally posted by 1fastsilverGT View Post
                  umm.....why do you have coolant running through your EGR?????
                  i think you have the IAC confused with the EGR somehow??

My egr also had coolant lines going to it...

The whole thing is gone now anyways.
                  94 PGT -T, Used to be quick

94 Black PGT, KLZE, spun bearing, Likely parts car for life

Comment

Umm, yep. The EGR valve has coolant hoses running through it. I've attached a pic thanks to the doc.
                    Attached Files
                    2015 Audi Q3 - Stock |

Comment

yea defenitly has coolant going through it, if it doesnt then i have no clue what the f... is going on. eitherway plugged em. still kinda wondering what should be done...route a line to connect or plug em?
                      ..btw clean pic
                      94 pgt 2.7L, ford I beams, Mahle pistons, mx3 flywheel, clutchmaster 2r, pace setters, custom 2.5" manderal exhaust, EGR delete, A/C delete, K&N filter, Alpine system

Comment

yea my bad also for saying no coolant tubes...
                        i did my headers this weekend and saw the tubes.. just ran a new line from the TB to the coolant tube.. added a homemade block off plate... moved the vac source from the egr boost soleniod to a (vris soleniod) just under the boost soleniod...

c-man so u say i should keep the egr plugged in? as thad require me to go dumpster diving...but if it shuts the CEL off then im all for it otherwise it dont bother me

Comment

Keep the solenoids with vacuum and electrical top avoid the cel. I ran no egr without any cel's on the ze. The actual valve doesn't need to be there.

Peter: I would just loop the coolant lines as short as possible, not cap them.
                          2015 Audi Q3 - Stock |

Comment

if you don't have the egr valve wont you throw the code 16.. It's not the solenoid, but the position sensor mounted to the top of the egr????
                            93 gt
                            95 tbird sc
                            2010 focus ses

Comment

right i removed the position sensor...but i remembered that i broke a vac fitting on the egr vsv so that goes out the window until i find a new vsv...but thanx c-man

Comment

Working...
                              X