No announcement yet.

Probe Production Numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would be super impressed if you could find any tangerines in 1997 lowclass .. lol seeing as it was only a 1995 color. but I know you were just trying to prove a point!
    BC POC is alive!

[.Mtx Tangerine 1995 GT.]

Comment

Well,I own probe #150,042. But those "free" vin checks just tell you how many records they found,you have to pay to see them. Dang.

'94 PROBE SE Middle-aged croozr

Comment

Cool mine is #75 PGT

Anyone know what the 9th digit means in the vin# ?
        Need a chip or parts for your 1st gen GT go here----->Fordprobeparts.com

Floridafordprobeowners.club

Comment

Originally posted by BoostedMan View Post
          Cool mine is #75 PGT

Anyone know what the 9th digit means in the vin# ?
          9th position in VIN numbers is a check digit. It is used to validate a vin and ensure its authenticity. The check digit is calculated using the other 16 characters in the VIN.
          My new Ride

Comment

Wow, I just found this thread and read it from start to end. Now I know why I dont see any Probes around where I live (eastern Pensylvania). Wait another ten years and I`ll bet these cars are ultra rare..

Comment

Originally posted by BePro View Post
              9th position in VIN numbers is a check digit. It is used to validate a vin and ensure its authenticity. The check digit is calculated using the other 16 characters in the VIN.
              Thankyou
              Need a chip or parts for your 1st gen GT go here----->Fordprobeparts.com

Floridafordprobeowners.club

Comment

The SE was available in 1993. It appears it wasn't originally an option, but after the Probe GT won Motor Trend's car of the year award, Ford released a revised 1993 sales brochure, in which, the SE is shown and available in the equipment options section.

The original brochure is stamped March 1992, Revised one stamped Jan 1993
                My new Ride

Comment

right. You had to at least buy the SE to get any meaningful options. Curtacy lamp group,GT ground effects,rear discs, power drivers seat,sunroof,stereo upgrades.etc. I'v only seen 2 probe SE's with the optional rear discs. My 93 SE had the lamp group,GE's,alloys (optional too),power drivers seat,emergency headlight button,seat bottom adjuster knob,power mirrors,2-way adj sunroof.

'94 PROBE SE Middle-aged croozr

Comment

i got 165,731 so w/e. lol, are 1991 LX's rare?
                    Dave Kolenski
                    2011 Ford Ranger 4x4 SPORT 4.0L Black/Black
                    3.73's, Rancho suspension, Flowmaster exhaust, red pinstripe, bedmat.
                    Future: 6 inch lift, 33 BFG's. Windshield visor, diamond plated bedrails.

Comment

• 73,395 91's built for usa use. that was divided out to gl, lx, and gt's. exact number for each trim package was not information that ford kept. and with so few registries on the probe registry we cant even estimate percentages for each trim package. unless we get some of the probes out there registered it will be a forever unknown number.
                      1993 Probe GT
                      2003 Bagged Chevy S10

Comment

• I've got an Alpine Green 97 GTS with all the options, and tan leather, wonder how rare that is?

I also HAD a 95 PGT, that I could have swore was Electric Currant Red, but, it might have been Laser. The only option the car had was power mirrors, and the car had grey cloth. I'm pretty sure that one would be one of the rarer models...

Comment

• ill register when i get my lazy butt out here to write down the vin, lol
                          Dave Kolenski
                          2011 Ford Ranger 4x4 SPORT 4.0L Black/Black
                          3.73's, Rancho suspension, Flowmaster exhaust, red pinstripe, bedmat.
                          Future: 6 inch lift, 33 BFG's. Windshield visor, diamond plated bedrails.

Comment

• Originally posted by Adamacman2004 View Post
                            and that would be michigan baby, yeah,lol.
                            where u can have a family trhat pays for a singers career,a.k.a. Kid Rock, who grew up in Romeo Michigan where i used to live, and isnt it odd that where the SVT shit is made.
                            Also home to the mile road known as 8 mile where u can have eminem write a song/movie and 8 mile becomes the new atraction, but thats just michigan.
                            ROTFLMFAO, I failed at typing posts 3 years ago!

I'd like to get a rough estimate of total number of Probes on the road today!

I'd also like to know how many PT'ers have junked or crashed a probe or know of their old car gone! I have killed 2 myself and know that the first Probe I owned blew it's engine about a year ago.
                            2004 SRT-4 - 15lbs of too much fun! Saving up for a stage 3 setup! .50 trim turbos are indeed fun!

Looking for another PGT when I rebuild my SRT4! Anyone wanna sell me theirs?

Comment

Working...
                            X