Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving soon near you!

Hi!

Ive never actually been in this POC before but I suppose theres a first for everything. My husband is in the Army and we are having to relocate to Bismarck by Dec 3rd and I was hoping that some of you might be able to give me some insight as to what im in for.

Anything you all could share with me would be great. Thanks soooo much and I hope to meet up with some of you at some point.

Thanks!!!

Georgette

"I am guided by a force much greater than luck" - Lucas from Empire Records

Bismarck is expanding rapidly, and there are plenty of new homes and businesses under construction. I believe it's the only city in the state with 2 Walmarts. If you enjoy the outdoors that's not a bad part of the state to live in. The western side of the state is far more interesting for scenery.
    Barry
    01 Saturn SL2 5-speed
    Easy Way Electronics

Comment

Bismarck is getting alot better then it used to be.

Nice little town but not a whole lot to do around here.

Comment

We have children ( technically just one with another on the way) so I was hoping to find some family oriented things that we can get involved with on the weekends. Parks, Museums, that sort of thing. We rly dont need anything too elaborate since our daughter is only 3 years old. Anything you all could on suggestions with that would be great as well.

Comment

Well, I am one of the only active members in Bismarck so I guess I get to be your tour guide. We have the state capitol which also contains the Heritage Center, (Museum type thingy). We have the Dakota Zoo, Superslide Amusement Park, Raging Rivers water park, SpeedWorld Golf and Games (Go Kart Racing, Laser Tag, Mini-golf) and Saratoma Park which has playgrounds, sand volleyball etc... The job market here is insane with two super walmarts, home depot, lowes, pet smart, Kohls and about 50 other smaller business coming to town in the last 12 months. I have a couple munchkins myself so if you need any ideas, let me know.
          Last edited by Backinblack; August 20, 2007, 05:17 PM.
          NDPOC President
          2010 Dodge Journey (Da wifes), 2006 Cadillac STS-4 (the daily driver), 2008 Yamaha Raider (1.8 liters of fun), 2002 Chevy 2500 4x4 (the pull the other cars car), 1976 Corvette Stingray L-48

Comment

Originally posted by Backinblack
            Well, I am one of the only active members in Bismarck so I guess I get to be your tour guide. We have the state capitol which also contains the Heritage Center, (Museum type thingy). We have the Dakota Zoo, Superslide Amusement Park, Raging Rivers water park, SpeedWorld Golf and Games (Go Kart Racing, Laser Tag, Mini-golf) and Saratoma Park which has playgrounds, sand volleyball etc... The job market here is insane with two super walmarts, home depot, lowes, pet smart, Kohls and about 50 other smaller business coming to town in the last 12 months. I have a couple munchkins myself so if you need any ideas, let me know.

Exactly what I was wanting to hear! You've been rly helpful, thanks soo much. I'll drop you a PM.

Comment

i think you will really enjoy the area. i love it in bismarck
              my signature was removed for violating board policy

Comment

Have you 2 moved to biz yet? I moved here a couple months ago and it's not too shabby. We have the missouri river going through the middle of town, so if you have a boat you will love this area. there is good fishing near by and hunting is pretty good, too. Not sure the types of things your husband is into, but i'm in the national guard so i'm sure he likes to hunt.
                Black 99 F150 Lightning with a 2.3L Kenne Bell and extras 465whp/ 593ft/lbs 12.786@104.495
                Black 91pgt 12.02@108mph, 12.04@115mph 12.06@119mph 350.6hp 425.6ft/lbs Best 1/8th 7.81@94.79mph

Comment

And dont forget the best part, how friggin cold it will be there soon! I have to say I sure miss it! Get some nice stuff to do in the house cuz come the end of Dec-Feb you dont go outside much, unless its to pick up food or go to work.

Think one of the best things to remember is to buy plenty of warm cloths and join the YMCA. They have alot of things that go on durring the day for younger kids. Also I think Becep is still open in Bismarck. This is kind of like a kid activity center as well as the mother activity while the kids are doing stuff. Not daycare, more like you get a break while the child does activities.

I believe I know you from when I was in KY. I seen you posted a few times on the KYPOC to some stuff that I had posted.

Anyways, Good luck up there! Chris (Backinblack) should be a good guide since he has been around the block a few times. (SUP CHRIS!)

And just to show there is and has been some great times up there... A stroll down Memory Lane!

DAKPOC Party
                  Matthew Basaraba
                  X3-RCKT
                  92 Mazda MX-3 Modified Machine!
                  Guns dont kill people, I do! Guns just make it a whole lot more fun!!!

My Car Domain

Comment

I think that was the one i missed. Is that the one where everyone installed barry's header?
                    Black 99 F150 Lightning with a 2.3L Kenne Bell and extras 465whp/ 593ft/lbs 12.786@104.495
                    Black 91pgt 12.02@108mph, 12.04@115mph 12.06@119mph 350.6hp 425.6ft/lbs Best 1/8th 7.81@94.79mph

Comment

I havent been getting on PT as much lately but Ive been busy with trying to get things together around here for the movers. I have not moved to Bismarck yet but I plan on being there Dec 1st. I already have a membership to the YMCA here in indiana and im just going to transfer my membership over. My husband hates to hunt, he says its something that just doesnt interest him but im sure once he meets ppl and figures out thats pretty much the only thing to do he might give in. It would be great to meet up with you all once we've moved and gotten ourselves settled. If any of you have children around the age of 3-4ish it would be great to have them meet up and play with my daughter and along the lines of children im also seeking a good babysitter or mommys group so if your wives/gf's know of anything like that Id appreciate it. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by probe this
                        I think that was the one i missed. Is that the one where everyone installed barry's header?
                        Yep it is. Same weekend Jay rolled his MX-6 too. We had a blast! Lol!
                        Matthew Basaraba
                        X3-RCKT
                        92 Mazda MX-3 Modified Machine!
                        Guns dont kill people, I do! Guns just make it a whole lot more fun!!!

My Car Domain

Comment

Originally posted by LiL90PGTHottie
                          im also seeking a good babysitter or mommys group so if your wives/gf's know of anything like that Id appreciate it. Thanks!
                          My GF just met up with a mommy group. she said it was fun or something. if you would like i can ask her for some details.

-edit-

just talked to her and this is what i found out

its called "MOPS" (mothers of preschoolers)
                          check em at www.mops.org
                          Last edited by Tracker_zr2; November 27, 2007, 06:38 PM.
                          my signature was removed for violating board policy

Comment

Originally posted by Tracker_zr2
                            My GF just met up with a mommy group. she said it was fun or something. if you would like i can ask her for some details.

-edit-

just talked to her and this is what i found out

its called "MOPS" (mothers of preschoolers)
                            check em at www.mops.org
                            Sorry it took me a bit to write back but ive finally completed my move here to bismarck. Its a culture shock to say the least but so far things are going good. MOPS, i belonged to that back home in Indiana so its definately nice i can have something similar to go to so ill check that out.

Comment

Hope the move went good, and all made it here safely. culture shock huh? Alot of norweigans and germans in these parts. Biz and mandan have quite a few indians, and like. Not too many african americans here. Well enjoy the area.

Comment

Working...
                              X