Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saved another and gained a black one finally!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by probe,man View Post
    think thats the first ever electric Probe
    Actually they were quite common because the Probe was the perfect car for it. They are lightweight, tons of rear hatch space for batteries -and aerodynamic. The motor and adapter plate that were used in this one -were part of a kit that was made for Probes -according to the previous owner. He is still trying to sell the motor and adapter if anyone is interested.
    Success is a measure of determination!
    Bonneville Dreamer-(AKA Purple Pimp Mobile)
    $500 Gas-Electric-Gas Reconversion/Restoration
    Mini-me & 500k "Old Gal" RIP
    Restoration of a legend

Comment

Originally posted by yellowrob View Post
      Shined up nice, good looking wheels...
      Yes -I am quite happy. I always wanted a black one and by this time -I never expected to find one that is in such great shape and for such a low price. I was almost certain I would have to settle with one that looked like the surface of the moon from all the door dings and such that build up over the years.

However, fortunately for me -there are so very few dings in the body. I originally thought there were only two total -but after giving it a good shine -I found a couple more that were less obvious. -But still very happy.

I can't wait to darken up the faded plastic wiper cowl, re-paint the wipers, tint the windows and spray the rear center reflector (all but the GT lettering) and light it OEM looking (if Ford were to light them originally -as they should have).

And I think this will end up being the first MegaSquirted car for me unless I can find a 97 engine harness. They aren't coming into the yards any more and I don't have a 97 harness to replace the modified one in this car -unless someone reads this and happens to have an un-needed one laying around for me to buy. So it is most likely going to get MS. That is OK though because it is likely to get boosted later on.
      Last edited by KLZE Porsche; December 7, 2015, 10:22 AM.
      Restoration of a legend

Comment

Originally posted by KLZE Porsche;
        it is likely to get boosted later on.
        yes.
        DRIVE IT LIKE YOU BUILT IT!!
        94 Probe GT..no engine!

96 Probe GT now with full-forged KLZE ..8psi untuned and buck wildCarDomain page

Comment

ill keep an eye out for a harness for ya. would a late 96 harness work at all?
          also more pix of this power sun/moon as my gt has one and idk if its stock or not. is your switch in oem location or next to the dome? very clean car tho sir congrats.
          94 PGT
          [96 PGT FuLL OBD2 WiRe HaRNeSS] ]KL31 SHoRT BLoCK & CaMS] [KL1C MaF SWap] [CuRVe NeCK MaNiFoLD] [KL68 TB] [Hei & MSD BLaSTeR 2] [Cai] [SS HeaDeRS] [STS] [R&R PoLY F&R MouNT & SHiFTeR iNSeRTS] [STaGe 2 CLuTCH] [FiDaNZa FLYWHeeL] [eGR DeLeTe] [FuLL a/C DeLeTe] [CoiLoVeRS] [RX8 WHeeLS oN 225/45/18]

Comment

Originally posted by xrp861 View Post
            ill keep an eye out for a harness for ya. would a late 96 harness work at all?
            also more pix of this power sun/moon as my gt has one and idk if its stock or not. is your switch in oem location or next to the dome? very clean car tho sir congrats.
            I think a 96 might work. I will have to look into the wiring diagrams to see if there are any major differences. Is it a manual or auto harness?

I never looked into the switch until you just asked. It is definitely aftermarket because it is a separate rocker switch. It is still done very professionally. Since I have seen 3 of them now in this area -I am leaning towards the thought that Southern Comfort Conversions (now defunct) was who was doing them for local Ford Dealerships: http://blog.al.com/businessnews/2009...ersions_b.html

Does yours have a rocker switch? I never took notice of where the switch was in the other two that I saw.
            Last edited by KLZE Porsche; December 8, 2015, 08:27 PM.
            Restoration of a legend

Comment

I'm a little confused. It has GT Swirlies and lower GT badging below the doors, a GT Rear bumper and Center Tail Reflector but the CLuster Reads 120MPH top speed

So I'm guessing this was a GT with a SE or Base Cluster installed (which I'm not sure why you would do this as the MPH would be off due to gearing etc.)

Makes me wonder about the mileage since the cluster has been changed out from another Probe.

At this point not sure it matters it just caught my eye. Something is up with this part of the vehicle.
              Last edited by Ryan96se; December 8, 2015, 08:37 PM.
              1993 PGT 342K Miles - Sold
              1996 PSE 330K Miles
              http://forums.probetalk.com/showthread.php?t=1701317615
              Proud Owner of a Senior Probe Here on PT!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan96se View Post
                I'm a little confused. It has GT Swirlies but Has an SE Cluster (120MPH).

So I'm guessing this was a SE 2.0ltr with GT wheels installed?
                It is a GT because It has the GT ground effects (with GT on them) It is possible someone swapped the cluster.
                Last edited by KLZE Porsche; December 8, 2015, 08:26 PM.
                Restoration of a legend

Comment

Sorry KLZE. I looked at the pictures more carefully and came to that exact realization of it being a GT. Wouldn't the MPH be off on the cluster due to different MTX gearing and VSS gearing? He might not have been doing 70 like he thought. Probably screaming that car way faster than what he thought...

I'd be worried about the tranny also...lol
                  Last edited by Ryan96se; December 8, 2015, 08:42 PM.
                  1993 PGT 342K Miles - Sold
                  1996 PSE 330K Miles
                  http://forums.probetalk.com/showthread.php?t=1701317615
                  Proud Owner of a Senior Probe Here on PT!!!

Comment

mine is also a seperate rocker on the side. and looks like an oem aftermarket ordeal as the alarm was when it was installed.
                    94 PGT
                    [96 PGT FuLL OBD2 WiRe HaRNeSS] ]KL31 SHoRT BLoCK & CaMS] [KL1C MaF SWap] [CuRVe NeCK MaNiFoLD] [KL68 TB] [Hei & MSD BLaSTeR 2] [Cai] [SS HeaDeRS] [STS] [R&R PoLY F&R MouNT & SHiFTeR iNSeRTS] [STaGe 2 CLuTCH] [FiDaNZa FLYWHeeL] [eGR DeLeTe] [FuLL a/C DeLeTe] [CoiLoVeRS] [RX8 WHeeLS oN 225/45/18]

Comment

Originally posted by xrp861 View Post
                      mine is also a seperate rocker on the side. and looks like an oem aftermarket ordeal as the alarm was when it was installed.
                      I think it would be interesting to find out if these were all done by SC Conversions. If so then this means they were contracted by dealerships and in this case -I would think it could be considered a special order option -which might increase the value of cars that have them due to the somewhat rare occurrences. Just a thought!

Any chance you could post up some photos of yours and also the rocker switch? I will get some of mine this afternoon when I get home. If we can compare photos of ones that have been done -perhaps we can track the lineage. I also have a top sitting aside somewhere that I pulled from one of them in the JY. I can get photos of that as well.
                      Restoration of a legend

Comment

that wont be an issue at all i need to find a camera to use as my cell is broken atm. i need to know how to fix mine...kinda almost all the way closed as it came off track a few weeks ago.
                        94 PGT

Comment

I was curious and found this on Google:

http://www.evalbum.com/2541

So if anyone is interested in converting -there is a lot of info there.
                          Restoration of a legend

Comment

Thanks for sharing. Interesting project he made out of it.
                            Mazda Mx3- Panther black, Kosei 18", custom hood, cleaned, new pakfeifer front, customized pakfeifer rear

KLZE highcompression, Pippercros Viper intake, kl31cams, MS1 v3, Aasco fly, CM st3 clutch, cai, ss headers, ground wirekit, srd bushings, msd window switches, nitrous

Comment

Battery box is gone!

A little bit of rubberized undercoating here:

And a little bit of sound deadening material there:
                              Last edited by KLZE Porsche; July 8, 2017, 08:29 AM.
                              Restoration of a legend

Comment

is the top ply or sheet metal? im asking cause im so using this idea lol. fixing some holes starting in the hatch area on mine and want to delete the spare well.
                                94 PGT

Comment

Working...
                                X