94 PGT Stock Alarm Bypass or Alt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 94 PGT Stock Alarm Bypass or Alt?

I'm looking for any information anyone might have on bypassing the Stock Alarm system for a 94 PGT. Has anyone tried rewiring or getting a CPU from a later year and using that in place of the old one. I have been told the stock system is apart of the CPU in my year probe, has anyone found a way around it, or get it tied in with an aftermarket set. Any input is appreciated. Thanks.
    And if anyone knows of a thread that talks about this, please let me know cause I haven't been able to find one with the specifics I'm looking for.

what's the issue with your factory alarm?

Comment

I just want to disable it, I have a Viper that was pro installed and they said they couldn't disable it. The problem is when I use the Fob to unlock the car, it triggers the door lock, and the stock alarm thinks it was just opened improperly and the stock alarm goes off. If I use just the key, then the Viper alarm goes off. To unlock my car I have to use the key then the fob, Arming it just takes the Fob. I was going to look to do some wiring and relay in the door but I'm trying to see if someone else found a better way to do this for this year car.

Comment

Have the installer recheck their work. I've had a Viper alarm system on my 94 for years and have never had such an issue. It was installed at a Circuit City.

Comment

I was going to say about the same thing. If it's a reputable installer they should have the diagrams available. Have it rechecked indeed. I had one installed on both my 93 I had and one on my 95 and never had an issue on either one. Circuit city did the one on my 95 and I forgot the name of the place that did my 93 but it was a place that basically did alarms, sun roofs, accessories and stuff like that. Never had to touch my stock fob ever.
          1995 Probe GT - N2O Ingested, CM 3, fidanza, headers, exhaust, CAI, MS, kenwood sound
          2010 Ram 1500 4x4 - Daily Driver
          99 Mustang V6 stock inherited not sure what the plan is

Comment

I'll do just that, have them check it over again. It might take a week, but ill update on what happens, and figure out why the first guy messed up so we can spread some knowledge.

Comment

For sure let us know what you find out. Hope all works out and it's something simple. If they can't get it right we'll go back to the drawing board and get it worked out.
              1995 Probe GT - N2O Ingested, CM 3, fidanza, headers, exhaust, CAI, MS, kenwood sound

Comment

Keyless module is located behind the rear speaker passenger side, pull the plastic panel it should be near the actual speaker.
                PhotoPOC(tm)
                MM9 MMX FF FF2 FF3 FF4 FF5
                93' PGT not stock
                91' PLX MTX stock

95' Jaguar XJR 155mph La-z-boy recliner

Comment

Update

Originally posted by j-dogg View Post
                  Keyless module is located behind the rear speaker passenger side, pull the plastic panel it should be near the actual speaker.
                  They put in a new one so the old one just sits there now. As for the fix, the Fob now unlocks and locks the car but the driver key lock doesn't disable it like it should. So all he did was stop the stock alarm from arming, so now when the car is off the Anti Theft light is always on. They wouldn't tell me what they did, but my guess is they messed with the wires in the left door panel. I'll have to open it up and compare it to the stock wiring diagram my book has to see what was really changed, even though I can just look at the new wires. But this is going to be a long process I'll be working on over time. I'm looking to work on every part of this car, and I've got a good start on it so far, just knocked out the Master and Slave for the clutch last week. Soon will be Valve cover gaskets and timing belt and water pump.

(Summary) It works now with the fob, and the stock alarm doesn't get armed anymore.

Comment

I'm not sure if my key disarms anything either, to be honest I'm not sure if I ever even tried it. At this point I since removed my alarm system and I'm not even sure if my stock system even works anymore since I believe it was disabled when the alarm was installed. When it was installed however I never had the anti theft light up on the dash.. Sounds like things might be less aggravating how it is working now since you don't need the stock alarm now anyways.

Comment

It is much better off now the way it is. I can now focus on the rest of the car and revisit this at a later time. Once I'm done with leak management and general mechanical problems as I find them I'll begin the Improvement and Modding. As for the stock alarm your driver door lock is supposed to disarm the stock alarm. But the alarm in the 95 PGT I had never worked, so it's weird to be dealing with my 94 PGT that had a working alarm.

Comment

Working...
                      X