Official SCPOC Meet: August 15, 2009 - Twist O Rama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official SCPOC Meet: August 15, 2009 - Twist O Rama

As anticipated, the annual SCPOC Twist-O-Rama is coming soon for its 2009 edition.

This drive is our normal end of summer event that in year's past, has been shared by SCPOC, our brothers to the north in BAPOC, and our friends to the east in AZPOC. It has also typically been a two-day event, but as of right now, it's only being planned as a one-day event; that may change depending upon interest in having the traditional BBQ for day 2.

After the drive, we'll have a nice dinner at Outback Steakhouse in Temecula, which is closer to the end of the cruise than it would be if we were to try and make it back to San Diego or even Orange County. This is the same place we had dinner at the completion of last year's drive. I figured it would be easier to do this again since seating went very well and we were all together.

The drive will start at the Olympic Training Center in Chula Vista at 10:00am SHARP! This means DO NOT BE LATE or you will have to play catch up.

If anyone is interested in caravanning to Chula Vista and you're not already in the San Diego area, you can meet us at the designated SCPOC Orange County meeting spot [it's available on the club website @ www.scpoc.com]. We will leave this location NO LATER than 8:30 am, to give us enough time to get there and gas up.

Itineraries are available via the club website and are in both Microsoft Word format and Adobe Acrobat format.

Please print out this document and have it with you on the day of the cruise. Not only does it have the schedule of events, but I've taken great care to have turn-by-turn directions with map pictures to help everyone out.

Please take the time to read the first page of this document, as it has very useful information regarding conduct and the use of FRS radios. SCPOC strongly encourages the use of FRS radios with privacy subchannels. We use these radios to coordinate our group during club events like this one. They are relatively inexpensive and most come with the privacy channels. Also please take care to exercise courtesy when using these radios during an event, as they are for communicating important messages, not for idle chatter.

SCPOC also has some "rules of the road" that we follow during our cruise events as well:
    • Limit your FRS radio communications to delivering messages pertinent to the cruise.
    • We will have a maximum speed limit and it will be determined by posted speed limits and/or driving conditions.
    • There will be no passing to move from behind a "slow" vehicle.
    • No tailgating of any kind will be tolerated.
    • This event is NOT A RACE. There are no points awarded, nor are there any trophies.
    • Failure to adhere to the above guidelines will result in your being asked to leave the group.

We hope that you will have fun during this event and at the dinner afterward.

See you there.
    ProbeTalk is BACK! Once again, it's what you use the Internet for!

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Woot

I will be there i got the day off from work and definately plan on being at the meeting spot early

might not do the whole run but will be doing as much as i can before the fiance has to be to work
    also dont know which probe im bringing mine(90) or moms (94)

dan
    90 Probe GL
    or the
    94probe gt
    Last edited by 94PGTKLDE; August 7, 2009, 05:35 PM.
    My Probe: 1990 gl
    DD probe AKA "junky" :1994 GT KLDE Mods: CAI,
    Mods from the Junkyard :2.5'' catback, sTs and poly bushings, front strut bar, 17 lbs flywheel, MX6 5 speed, shredded timing belt

Comment

sucks.. i have an event that same day in LA.
      Jorge F.
      '95 PGT

Comment

argh, i'm running out of time to make it. I got to order head gaskets which will arrive Thursday hopefully to replace the blown ones, swap out the heads, wake up Friday and leave by noon then arrive in L.A. by midnight and sleep to then be at the meeting spot. I'm gonna go for it and hope for the best. Cant wait to try out the turbo with the turbo cams, woot.
        1993 Mercury tRacer :Vitara & mFactory: In progress 2020
        1994 Mercury TrAcer Wagon : '02 SPI swap : sold
        2014 Factory Five 818s: sold
        2000 Lotus esprit v8TT : 1st v8 on MS3x, ls1 coils,h20 injection
        1997 Nissan 200sx 1.6L : 35-39mpg the daily

Comment

good luck mike, hope u make it. cuz i have your shirt ready

i have a last minute mod for myself too...but it doesnt affect whether the car runs or not....i hope i can get it all finished by the weekend as well. parts come in monday but were supposed to be here last friday
          Last edited by Rayman; August 8, 2009, 04:51 PM.
          NCPOC > BAPOC > SCPOC > FlaPOC > MIPOC

Comment

oh it's crazy, parts have been order. I ended up ordering another used impact wrench(1100ft-lb rating) just to take off a stubborn crank pulley bolt to swap an engine into my Hyundai to tow the damn probe to Cali(dont trust it again). THen I had to order a tow hitch for the Hyundai to do the towing. In the down time i'm gonna port and polish the heads i'm gonna swap over to the Probe.

Comment

well it doesnt look like i'll be able to get that mod done before TOR, parts came in today and stuff was missing and damaged....oh well

Comment

what you need RAy?

Comment

nothing that i NEED another body/exterior experiment...i'll tell u about it at TOR

Comment

Looking forward to Saturday's run!

I was hoping to have my new suspension installed in time but I've been slammed every weekend for the past month and a half (wedding season).
                    Pr0n - my Anti-Drug.
                    1G FAQ - A MUST READ for 1G's! ~ 1990 PGL = WRECKED! & Sold! ~ 2004 Nissan 350Z Touring
                    "Let me hear you make decisions without your television."

Enjoy PT? Support it.

Comment

im super excited still dont know if the 90 is gunna be ready but i will be there. for most of the run

dan
                      My Probe: 1990 gl
                      DD probe AKA "junky" :1994 GT KLDE Mods: CAI,
                      Mods from the Junkyard :2.5'' catback, sTs and poly bushings, front strut bar, 17 lbs flywheel, MX6 5 speed, shredded timing belt

Comment

Looking good here, all my equipment should be delivered by Thursday which leaves me till Friday at noon to get on the road. Currently in the middle of some R&R.

Comment

todd (fazdaze) just left my house, we put a full set of koni's shocks w/ racing beat springs on his miata....i reminded him again about TOR and how it'd be a perfect way to break in his new suspension....he said he'll try to get the day off work.

Comment

ok, if anyone is going to be meeting at the OC spot before heading down, i won't be there.

i have to meet someone in chula vista at 9am that morning, so someone else is going to have to lead the caravan down to the olympic center. i'll meet everyone there at 10.
                            ProbeTalk is BACK! Once again, it's what you use the Internet for!

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

i can always just meet at the training center at 10a....

Comment

Working...
                              X