Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WHERE ARE THE J-SPEC AND CHIPPED ECUs???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WHERE ARE THE J-SPEC AND CHIPPED ECUs???

Hey Guys,

I just got a straight neck KLZE but I didn't realize how hard it would be to find a KL31 or KL36 ECU. I'm also having a hard time finding a chipped ECU (Probinator, Xtremethings ect). I was told to try the MAF swap, but I would prefer not to. I have an OBD1 car and don't want the CEL light.
    Are any of these ECUs still available for purchase??? If not, what other options do I have in terms of making my KLZE perform correctly??

They are everywhere..... 10 years ago.
    1994 Project PGT

M62 In Progress...

Comment

yeah good luck finding them much anymore. Like you mentioned most go maf swap to get more out of the engine. Which is why I pick up the maf swap
      93 PGT
      94 PGT
      95 PGT
      07 MS6

Comment

i used to make them but gave away all my prom burning equipment, ill see if i can find one for you.
        Supercharged - 94' PGT: ZE, MS2, W/M Injection, weight reduced, manual steering because weekend race car! mods and pics thread
        Turbocharged - 06' WRX: 3" exh, ECUTEK ROM, MRT intercooler, VF34 pic
        Nitrous Oxide - 79' Yamaha QT50 'Yamahopper' 70cc, MLM pipe, VM18 carb, dual stage reeds etc. pic

Comment

I think I still have a probinator chip laying around. You can have it if you want, but you'll have to remove and replace the one in your current ECU yourself or with the help of someone!
          MX-6 DE-T // Parting out...

Comment

The ATX ecu whichever that one is (KL36?) will give you a CEL anyway. The MAF swap is the way to go. Make it plug and play and you can swap back and forth in minutes if you have to. It's nice to be able to check OBDII codes with a bluetooth scanner, monitor things, adjust others.
            Probe out for Harambe
            94 PGT KLZE http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/a...psr6dk8q1m.jpg
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aauXMeITcdM

Comment

If someone can send me the binary and the flash part number, I have prom burning equipment at work. But, you'll be on your own with the soldering, which will be a good learning experience for you.
              REub
              1996 mazda mx6 m edition

Comment

I have a KL31 chipped KL01 ecu hanging around. Works perfect on 93-94 with the two coolant sensors.
                95' 323C 'Neo' V6 BA23
                stock KLZE/retuned VRIS0/deleted VRIS1/retuned VRIS2/MX3 rear suspension/0.680 5th gear/3deg retard cam timing/manual TBT

Comment

I can't vouch for these guys or anything but they advertise a lot of cool KL stuff. http://www.xtremethings.com/Products.htm Looks like they sell some ECU stuff. I see you mentioned them above, not sure if they are sold out or what.

Comment

As has been said... MAF swap
                    Beautiful Beast- 1997 PGT in process of becoming an SC/NA Beast...
                    Elo- 1990 BMW 325i weekend car
                    Brunhilde- 2003 BMW Z4 3.0 6-speed daily driver
                    The Beast- Sleeping in the junkyard...

Comment

Originally posted by proboner View Post
                      As has been said... MAF swap

^^^ Yep, did a bunch of research and I'm convinced the MAF swap is the way to go. Talking to Pile Of Rd 1 now!

Comment

With PnP Megasquirts available, it's hard to recommend anything else. Have you looked into that at all?
                        Chrome wheeled, fuel injected, and steppin out over the line
                        PRD - The original Ford Probe Aftermarket, THANK YOU FOR THE GOOD RUN
                        1999-2013 : 14 Years of supporting the Probe community
                        1997 Ford Probe GTS Turbo | 2000 Jaguar XJ8 | 1988 Jeep Grand Wagoneer | 1930 Model A Hotrod | 2005 VW Touareg V8

Comment

Working...
                        X