Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Schedule of Events for this weekend’s West Palm meet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schedule of Events for this weekend’s West Palm meet.

Friday – I should be in West Palm by early afternoon. If anyone wants to caravan to Moroso from there we can meet up.
    5:30-6PM – Everyone arrive at Moroso - 17047 Beeline Hwy, Jupiter, FL 33478
    11PM Post Track – We will be meeting at Brian’s Irish Pub in West Palm on Lake Worth Road. (7201 Lake Worth Rd, Lake Worth, FL)

The Holiday Inn we are all staying at is located at 7859 Lake Worth Road, Lake Worth, Florida 33467

Saturday – Okeeheelee Park BBQ & Swap Meet - 7715 Forest Hill Blvd. West Palm Beach, FL 33413
    BBQ starts at 11AM and goes until whenever it winds down. Probably 7PM. I’ll be there by 10AM for any early arrivals.
    All food and non-alcoholic beverages will be provided. Alcohol is responsibly permitted at the pavilion.
    There is also a generous playground for any children attending. It’s private to our pavilion.

After the bbq there will be a host of evening options for the attendees

Directions:

To Moroso:
    Take the Turnpike to Exit 109 (Palm Beach Gardens) (8/10th mile)
    Turn Right onto PGA Blvd. (4 miles)
    Turn Right onto Bee Line Highway (8.3 Miles)

To Okeeheelee:
    Take the Turnpike to Exit 93 (Lake Worth Road)
    Turn Left onto Lake Worth Road (1 miles)
    Turn Left onto Pinehurst Road (2.3 miles)
    Turn Left on Forest Hill Blvd. Okeeheelee is ½ mile on the right.
    Once in the park go all the way back to the first stop sign and turn right.
    The Osceola pavilion will be on your right just after the soccer fields.

To Brian’s Irish Pub from Moroso:
    Left on Bee Line Highway (8.2 miles)
    Left onto PGA Blvd (4.1 miles)
    Take the Turnpike south to Exit 93 (Lake Worth Road) (16 miles)
    Turn Left onto Lake Worth road go 1 mile. Brian’s will be in a shopping center on your left.
    Last edited by hppwdn; August 14, 2005, 09:22 AM.

92 MX3 Turbo ($100 junkyard KLG4) 11.904 @ 124.3mph, 14psi, DOT approved Hoosier drags, pump gas.
    HIN/NOPI Supershow Class Winner - Miami 2010 - Street-Sport Compact-Mazda
    Links: Pretty Pic, GoFast Pic, Timeslip, Track Video, Dyno Video
    As of July 2011 the MX3 has been retired and sold.

I'm gonna try like hell to get my GT ready for the meet. I think I can pull it off. But I'm not sure if I'll make the Moroso part of the meet if I try to get the GT running. It needs just a little work but I might take Thursday off and work on it early in the morning.

I really wanna bring that to the meet instead of my LX.
    PhotoPOC(tm)
    MM9 MMX FF FF2 FF3 FF4 FF5
    93' PGT not stock
    91' PLX MTX stock

95' Jaguar XJR 155mph La-z-boy recliner

Comment

I'd say this puts those of us coming down saturday to leaving around 8am...yikes. LOL

Ok..>I see I have to get up early on saturday.
      '94 teal w/black int. some sort of sts, 65mm DE TB full KL31 ZE, CAI, Phenolyc spacers, mx3 flywheel, pacesetter headers, 2.5" exhaust, stainless brake lines, MS and LC-1. Charter member Club 15.2 - Mustang Dyno - 187/169 @the wheels
      '90 White GT "Pearl"....uh ohzzzz...I had turboz. Now with T3....now it's J-doggs
      '96 SE & '93 "Red-Eye" smashed and trashed. 97 GTS....crashed, not trashed yet

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSquid
        I'd say this puts those of us coming down saturday to leaving around 8am...yikes. LOL

Ok..>I see I have to get up early on saturday.
        West Palm is about 2-2.5 hours from Orlando.

92 MX3 Turbo ($100 junkyard KLG4) 11.904 @ 124.3mph, 14psi, DOT approved Hoosier drags, pump gas.

Comment

Yeah..but you know how caravans have to stop and stuff...and never leave on time....gotta fill up the tank there too.
          '94 teal w/black int. some sort of sts, 65mm DE TB full KL31 ZE, CAI, Phenolyc spacers, mx3 flywheel, pacesetter headers, 2.5" exhaust, stainless brake lines, MS and LC-1. Charter member Club 15.2 - Mustang Dyno - 187/169 @the wheels
          '90 White GT "Pearl"....uh ohzzzz...I had turboz. Now with T3....now it's J-doggs

Comment

Or we coul do it right the first time and fill up the day before the meet.
            PhotoPOC(tm)
            93' PGT not stock
            91' PLX MTX stock

Comment

I put 11AM, but it's not a job. You aren't gonna get fired if you show up late. I figure if I put 11AM we should get a decent amount of people out there by early afternoon.

For those that go to the track they'll probably need something to do in the AM when they get up.

Comment

I think Sean said check in is 3:00 so I will definately be down there by that time. I am going to drive the probe down since we'll already be at the track by the time Brian gets there. What time are the Orlando people leaving on friday and who all is staying at the Holiday Inn? Sean you are the bomb to hooking us up with the room! Sorry to be a pain!
                Mrs.brian2305

Comment

Well from the very eastern tip of Orlando, it's no less than a 2.5 hour drive (doing 70mph from start to finish), so I'd say figure on 3 hours for most Orlando members. I made the drive once to pick up some rims down there, and I believe it took about 3 hours then too.

I'll start to work out some plans for the Friday caravaners (new word?), and post that tomorrow sometime. I've got Thursday-Sunday off. Thursday is devoted to car prep. Friday and Sunday for travel.

How many people/cars are you expecting Andy?

btw, I'll be staying at the Holiday Inn also. This does sound almost like a mini Myrtle. We could consider this a dress rehersal for the real thing in November for the members who are going.
                  Last edited by SlimmGT; August 8, 2005, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Looks like things might clear up for Joe and me to make it on Friday. Will someone post the phone number for the Holiday Inn?
                    FWIW, YMMV, EIEIO
                    MM7 and MM8 - Showroom Class: Best in Show
                    '73 Jeep Commando 4X4X4.2 - The last Commando built? Nobody's told my I'm wrong.

C.S.

Comment

Well....if we're going for record time....I went from Eustis by way of a gas station to palm beach gardens in 2 hours. A distance of near 180 miles. Speed limits on the roads I traveled ranged from 25mph (my road) to 40,45,55, and 70 when I finally got to the toll roads. Nothing like coming over a bridge and seeing an FHP with someone pulled over on the turnpike. The camry ahead of me slowed down from 112. I miss driving that 88 buick skylark. If only I had the money to put a tranny in it and replace the interior.

Comment

Groups of eyecatching cars travelling at 90+mph tends to be a bad idea usually. So nah, I don't think we're going for records.

Comment

The # to the Holiday Inn is 561-968-5000.
                          Mrs.brian2305

Comment

Originally posted by SlimmGT
                            How many people/cars are you expecting Andy?
                            Looks like 10 running at the track plus spectators and 20-25 for the meet. I posted on msprotege and rx8club. I've had a couple good responses from rx8club and msprotege. We figured out yesterday there is probably room for 20 cars on the curvy driveway to the pavilion and then another 50 at least around it. Parking won't be an issue.

Comment

With the way things are going with Ruben's Probe I'll probably have it ready for the meet.
                              PhotoPOC(tm)
                              93' PGT not stock
                              91' PLX MTX stock

Comment

Working...
                              X