Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody in SC want a set of FD rims with tires??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by supergoat View Post

Nope, changed it a while ago. I actually sold one of those cars, but then bought a newer version so I was able to keep it the same. Efficient!
    "Why did you buy the same car? Didn't you already have one of these?"

"Eh, I didn't feel like changing my signature on PT so it was just easier this way."

~SumR
    I don't own a car anymore and it's weird.

Comment

• Yesterday I was driving in Ladson and I noticed a slowdown up ahead in my lane so I got over to the next lane. Apparently a large motorhome was towing a probe gt and either the tires on it were worn out or rotted, they were shredding and throwing up rubber everywhere. I honked at the motorhome but it continued driving. By the time he noticed and pulled over, sparks were coming from the probe gt.

Pretty funny considering that's the first time I've seen a probe in quite a while.

2016 Subaru WRX Premium

04 Subaru Impreza WRX WRB sold to smurphsprobe

97 Probe 2.0L GONE

Comment

• Originally posted by livingsacrifice View Post
        Yesterday I was driving in Ladson and I noticed a slowdown up ahead in my lane so I got over to the next lane. Apparently a large motorhome was towing a probe gt and either the tires on it were worn out or rotted, they were shredding and throwing up rubber everywhere. I honked at the motorhome but it continued driving. By the time he noticed and pulled over, sparks were coming from the probe gt.

Pretty funny considering that's the first time I've seen a probe in quite a while.
        Motorhome owner probably was moving and tried to give away the probe but nobody would take it. Finally someone on PT offered the guy to pay him $500 and deliver it and he would take it
        Lots of cars... none of which are a Probe...

Comment

• Originally posted by ShadowSE View Post
          Motorhome owner probably was moving and tried to give away the probe but nobody would take it. Finally someone on PT offered the guy to pay him $500 and deliver it and he would take it
          $500 is way too much. I've never seen anyone with a probe scrounge up $500 unless it was for a turbo kit

You'd be lucky to give it away for free on craigslist, easier to get those guys who do cars for cash and recycle it for metal ... sad as that is.

2016 Subaru WRX Premium

97 Probe 2.0L GONE

Comment

• Yup. Sad indeed. Definitely a car that got a bad rap and never caught on like it should have.

Comment

Yup. Sad indeed. Definitely a car that got a bad rap and never caught on like it should have.
              Well when you bring a FWD car to the table to replace the mustang... what were they thinking?

2016 Subaru WRX Premium

97 Probe 2.0L GONE

Comment

• Originally posted by livingsacrifice View Post
                Well when you bring a FWD car to the table to replace the mustang... what were they thinking?
                They were......:puts on sunglasses:.....Forward Thinking.

---------- Post added at 09:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 AM ----------

Originally posted by Snorb93GT View Post
                "Why did you buy the same car? Didn't you already have one of these?"

"Eh, I didn't feel like changing my signature on PT so it was just easier this way."

Isn't that how everyone buys cars?
                Stephen Wilds #303
                PhotoPOC
                BMW 328i
                BMW Z4

Comment

---------- Post added at 09:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 AM ----------

Solid.

2016 Subaru WRX Premium

97 Probe 2.0L GONE

Comment

~SumR

Comment

• Daylin,

You waisted your money on a silly Subaru when you could have had this Ferrari MX5 instead!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/132187225289

Comment

• boring thread is boring. somebody tell a story!
                        ~SumR

Comment

Daylin,

You waisted your money on a silly Subaru when you could have had this Ferrari MX5 instead!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/132187225289
                          lol wow. That link didn't work but I found it anyway. That's horrible!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1990-Mazda-M...-/132187225289

I don't have any stories right now really. Just ordered a trailer hitch for my car and bike rack which I'll be looking at installing probably next week thanks to this rain. I will say, anyone in here who buys a new or newer car, look at doing ceramic coating to it. It's crazy how much the car stays cleaner than any wax or coating I've used before. I always have the shinest car in the parking lot and I do nothing but a wash every weekend.

I work with a ton of car guys now, everyones talking about the latest fastest thing to come out. It's actually getting stale for me to want to come home and work on mine. Although I'm still ready to buy an AccessPort just to fix the throttle mapping.
                          Last edited by livingsacrifice; May 23, 2017, 05:42 PM.

2016 Subaru WRX Premium

97 Probe 2.0L GONE

Comment

• my wife has a 2000 Mercedes CLK 320. i can't stand the thing, but now that it has a salvage title due to being totaled by hail, i might as well make it look a little better. i found some parts off of a 2002 CLK 430 (trunk, passenger door, mirrors, AMG wheels and side skirts) with the same paint code and with an AMG appearance package, so she'll have an AMG clone. the passenger door has a tinted window and no pinstripe. the donor car looked a lot better without pinstripes, so i'll have to figure out how to safely remove those. might as well get the car tinted too. the wheels were all curbed, so i'm getting them machined and i picked up some OEM center caps.

she was pretty down about the salvage title. our anniversary is coming up in a few days, so i figured this should be a decent gift.
                            Last edited by eric_93pgt; May 25, 2017, 05:29 PM.

'96 Cobra: SCT/Bama tuned, King Cobra clutch, STS, rear cats removed, Flowmasters, 2" drop, c/c plates, Global West subframe connectors, pulleys, 3:73 gears, Crystal White/saddle leather
                            '05 Ram 1500 Quad Cab SLT: 5.7L Hemi, Airaid CAI, Magnaflow, 20" rims, Powerslot, Bilstein, all power, sunroof, Alpine iDA-X001, Bright White/gray leather

Comment

• Originally posted by eric_93pgt View Post
                              my wife has a 2000 Mercedes CLK 320. i can't stand the thing, but now that it has a salvage title due to being totaled by hail, i might as well make it look a little better. i found some parts off of a 2002 CLK 430 (trunk, passenger door, mirrors, AMG wheels and side skirts) with the same paint code and with an AMG appearance package, so she'll have an AMG clone. the passenger door has a tinted window and no pinstripe. the donor car looked a lot better without pinstripes, so i'll have to figure out how to safely remove those. might as well get the car tinted too. the wheels were all curbed, so i'm getting them machined and i picked up some OEM center caps.

she was pretty down about the salvage title. our anniversary is coming up in a few days, so i figured this should be a decent gift.
                              Yeah my dad was talking about buying a truck with a salvage title and I was like, why? It's going to be your daily driver and I don't want to see you get in an accident and something extra on the truck breaks on impact.

2016 Subaru WRX Premium

97 Probe 2.0L GONE

Comment

• this car has been in two accidents before: one with a deer and another where her brother rear ended someone. both times it was repaired by highly rated body shops. the last time by one right behind a Mercedes dealership... which is oddly enough a Honda body shop that gets all of the Mercedes body repairs. this time it was all due to hail damage. hood, trunk, fenders and a cracked mirror housing totaled it.

i was all excited around 3:30. i was leaving early, supposed to get the car back today, along with the rims and i thought something negative that happened at work was going to have a silver lining. things went downhill shortly after. someone hit an underground phone cable at work and knocked out the phone lines at our shop. our carrier said we own it and are responsible for the repair. and my insurance company sent me an email stating they were not sending me a check for roof repair on my rental property since the damage is less than the deductible :/

as far as the car goes, the trunk went on fine (mechanic said that's the most difficult thing to align on the car and said he may not be able to do it), along with the passenger door (heaviest door i've ever picked up), and interior trim panels that i screwed up trying to install two mirrors. the AMG side skirts wouldn't fit. i was under the assumption that any W208 convertible body panel would be interchangeable, but that is apparently incorrect. i was going to have him replace the valve cover gaskets too while it was there, but he got too busy at the end of the day. diagnosed a trouble code but couldn't get that taken care of today either.

i got the wheels back from the wheel repair guy and found out the tire i wanted them to plug was too damaged to fix (looked fine from the outside, of course). after the guy left, i looked more closely and one of the wheels had a chip near the center, two dents on a spoke and multiple rough areas. they're going to pick it up again next week. called the tint shop and they're closed tomorrow, so the car has one tinted window right now.

at least the new center caps will arrive tomorrow. i'll get a new tire, get it aligned, get some of the other stuff knocked out next week and start looking for a dent-free hood. i found some parts for my truck at a local LKQ, since it got pummeled by hail too back in March.

'96 Cobra: SCT/Bama tuned, King Cobra clutch, STS, rear cats removed, Flowmasters, 2" drop, c/c plates, Global West subframe connectors, pulleys, 3:73 gears, Crystal White/saddle leather
                                '05 Ram 1500 Quad Cab SLT: 5.7L Hemi, Airaid CAI, Magnaflow, 20" rims, Powerslot, Bilstein, all power, sunroof, Alpine iDA-X001, Bright White/gray leather

Comment

Working...
                                X