View Single Post
Old February 12th, 2017, 08:11 AM   #13
KLZE Porsche
Politically Correct User Title

I would recommend to be careful with any type of aftermarket conversion if you care about other drivers. If you don't give a shite if you kill a mother and children when cresting over a hill and blinding her with your headlights so that she runs into a tree -then by all means -feel free to do whatever conversion you wish.

From my experiences with trying to convert to H4 from kits on e-Bay -almost all of them completely suck. The reflectors are not made right and they produce a "V" shaped beam that sprays both sides. So when trying to align them to produce the best possible pattern overlapping from both headlights -it is impossible to get a good pattern that doesn't spray out to the sides too much and blinds oncoming cars. I have tried 5 different brands and the results from all of them are the same. I have tried numerous big-name branded H4 bulbs -within the H4 glass housings (several with different filament heights) and the results are always the same -which leads me to believe that the glass housings are not designed properly and will spray oncoming vehicles with dangerous levels of blinding light.

I ended up putting back in stock type bulbs until I can get the H4 beam problem sorted out. Oh -and I forgot to mention that they are so far out -that you have to max out your adjustment screws to make it even half way un-blinding -to the point that the stock plastic cowls will no longer go on.

Is it really all worth killing mom and kids to say you have the brightest lights on the road?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-(AKA Purple Pimp Mobile)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

KLZE Porsche is offline   Reply With Quote