View Single Post
Old February 12th, 2017, 05:15 PM   #15
KLZE Porsche
Politically Correct User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by panic37 View Post
^^^ Let's be a little less dramatic here. While blinding oncoming traffic is a dicc move, if someone jerks the wheel and runs off the road because they saw a bright light, well that person doesn't need to be on the road. Happens daily where I live that someone who has their brights on to see on our back roads forgets to turn their brights off when they crest a hill. It's no different. There's numerous ways to reduce the glare on these conversions. Angle, tint, Casper shields, etc.

Not to mention that numerous of the new luxury cars are extremely blinding, especially if you're not directly in front of the projector beam.
I was referring to those that put stupidly bright lights in their cars that exceed some of the newer car lumens. And my point about causing the mother to wreck didn't mention her jerking her car.

On the roads that I drive to get to my home -the hill crests are often followed by a sharp turn and if the "mother" isn't familiar with these roads -it is very easy for someone to blind her and with the inability to see for 1-2 seconds could easily result in death.

Several of these curbs have sharp drop offs right at the edge. And saying "slow it down" really would not help in these situations either. It only takes a very brief blinding to cause someone to end up off the road and possibly killed.

Kids are getting killed on these roads all the time because they are not completely familiar with all of the curves and drop-offs and get distracted by passengers. And there have been several of these younguns -who's deaths were deemed as possibly blinded by high beams in one of these death curves I am talking about.

I don't get smashed -only because I am extremely familar with every turn and can easily negotiate a dangerous curve after being blinded by an arsehat that doesn't give a shite!

One arsehat around here that had a jacked up truck -and had a bunch of those bright as hell light bars as well as headlights and driving lights that exceeded the newer car "brights" by about 100X. I call that just pure Arsehat. Well he did get his because he got arrested and a court date when he blinded an officer.

You can't argue with me that it isn't an arsehat thing to do -or that it doesn't mean that some arsehats don't give a shite about other drivers. I instantly knew that my first LED experiment thing was not healthy for other drivers and so I ditched those because I care. Then I tried several other options -and I found all to be what I consider dangerous to others.

The defining line -as to who is an arsehat and who isn't -is where they draw the line at what is too bright. So I am just being dramatic to say in a way -"don't be an arsehat and think about other drivers".

P.S. ALL of my headlight experimentation involves testing and adjusting on my road first before I ever drive anywhere and accidentally kill someone. I adjust, then go out in front of my car to look at how it looks from the other lane and do this over and over and over. And if it doesn't pass my inspection -I pull it back in the driveway and switch it up. Does an arsehat do that?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-(AKA Purple Pimp Mobile)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by KLZE Porsche; February 12th, 2017 at 05:19 PM.
KLZE Porsche is offline   Reply With Quote