No announcement yet.

My Probe Build Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think you got your self a pretty good deal. Don't stress over the paint, wash/Clay/wax. trust me on this. Then clean up the interior. I think if you can find those bucket seats somewhere you can buy the passenger seat and swap the bottom parts around so you can use it in place of your torn up driver seat. Any one care to chime in here on this? Or you can have it reupholstered somewhere.Engine compartment is gonna take some elbow grease but all in all you got a nice car here and hey, you are one step ahead already, it came with some sweet looking wheels on it ! Put some Tire Wet on those tires and it will look great.

Comment

The paint almost looks like 'crows feet' which is from contamination when laying the paint. My buddys car had the same thing and the body shop said it was from contaminants causing the paint to not adhere properly to the primer. Could be that the previous owner just did a quick and dirty paint job on the hood and that was the result over the years.

The driver seats in these things is always ripped, mine was too when I bought it. I think Scott is right, you can buy a passenger seat and swap it over to be driver or just find a nice driver seat and put it in. Theyre generally pretty cheap.

Your hardest thing will be finding the side skirts for the doors/fender, theyre a pain to get off without breaking tabs unless you really know what you're doing or use the writeup on here. It took me quiet a while to get my skirts of the parts car but its definitely doable.
      1996 Probe GT - Bought April 2010, Boosted August 2014
      Fast FC04 18x9, Black Leather, King6, ADDCO, AWR, Yonaka, Quad J30s, AVC Pipes, Tial WG, Greddy BOV, Aeromotive AFPR, MS1v3
      1993 Probe GT - 110k, auto, parts car
      2011 Impreza Limited Hatchback - Daily, Lowered, WRX Wheels & Wing

Comment

Yeah, that is going to be the hardest part. It came with the side skirts and door trim, but they were cracked pretty badly. How are the interiors held together also? Mine is screwed in with very rusty screws. The bumper also has screws in it. I think I might just need a new rear bumper. I want to repaint it though. I am very OCD about this sort of thing lol. My last truck I wanted to get the clear coat redone because it had a ton of little scratches that you could barely see. I am happy that I did get some nice rims and a sound system though. Those would have been the first things I would have replaced on any car and the fact that this came with them makes my job easier.
        '93 Mercury Sable GS (R.I.P)
        '00 Chevrolet Blazer LT (R.I.P.)
        '93 Ford Probe GT (Limping her around until I can find a new daily... Then the rebuild will begin ) http://forums.probetalk.com/showthread.php?t=1701315706

Comment

I have a pair of mint seats, no rips I can sell you. All four. Came out a 94 so they are the harder material, gray. Lumbar and bolster work.
          I think it's an obsession!
          http://www.supermotors.net/registry/media/911982_1

Comment

Well, I am short on cash right now, and I am more worried about the panels on the doors and the side skirts right now. Thanks though!!
            '93 Ford Probe GT (Limping her around until I can find a new daily... Then the rebuild will begin ) http://forums.probetalk.com/showthread.php?t=1701315706

Comment

Not a bad pick up man. I have a gray 93 dash I'm good shape of your interested

Comment

my opinion is that you pay alot of money for that car buddy, the condition of the car is (((

for me, i would have said something about 500 bucks as much...

i´m waiting to see your finished product though

good luck and cheers

Comment

I might pick up some much needed parts soon. I am trying to sell a stereo and speakers, and when I have the money, I am probably buying a lot of interior parts and a few exterior parts. The best part is that it is only going to cost me $50.

---------- Post added at 09:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

This weekend I am going to do some serious cleaning and touching it up as much as I can.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottD961 View Post
                    I think if you can find those bucket seats somewhere you can buy the passenger seat and swap the bottom parts around so you can use it in place of your torn up driver seat.
                    u sure?
                    i have a spare black interior in my parts car but the drivers seat is in the same condition.
                    if i can swap parts, that be awesome.

to the OP, nice looking pgt u have there. lots of potential. just take your time and do it right and it will turn out great.
                    96 PGT
                    Gettin' there.....slowly

Comment

I got most of the window tint off. I might clean the engine up a little bit and make it look nicer. I am also probably going to take each of the rims off and clean them as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Phat '93PGT View Post
                        u sure?
                        i have a spare black interior in my parts car but the drivers seat is in the same condition.

to the OP, nice looking pgt u have there. lots of potential. just take your time and do it right and it will turn out great.
                        No, I'm not a %100 on that but I have done it on cars before. It think he can do it on this car as well. You have to take out the seats and have a look at the bottom to know

Comment

Originally posted by Phat '93PGT View Post
                          u sure?
                          I swapped the top part of a seat over from a pass to driver side, there are a few subtle differences (near the levers etc) after doing it i found it uncomfortable, perhaps the padding is also different so i swapped to another mint condition seat. Either way I wouldn't recommend doing it.
                          Supercharged - 94' PGT: ZE, MS2, W/M Injection, weight reduced, manual steering because weekend race car! mods and pics thread
                          Turbocharged - 06' WRX: 3" exh, ECUTEK ROM, MRT intercooler, VF34 pic
                          Nitrous Oxide - 79' Yamaha QT50 'Yamahopper' 70cc, MLM pipe, VM18 carb, dual stage reeds etc. pic

Comment

Thanks for posting that. I wasn't sure on that but had done it on other cars before. Kind of stinks cuz the passenger seat is almost always in better shape

Comment

Ok, so I was driving to school today, and I noticed that there was only sound coming out of one of the speakers and it was terrible quality. This was happening last night too, but all speakers were working perfectly fine with excellent quality when I left. When I came back they were doing that though. They now do that on and off. Is this a wiring problem or what...? Thanks!!

Comment

Hard to say with out actually taking some things apart but yes, could be a short in the wiring or you could have a problem with the speakers or, both , or................ See what I'm saying? My 1st guess would be to look at the wiring though

Comment

Working...
                                X